Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous #1

Sometimes, I become SEVERELY depressed when I think about other peoples' lives...
    #11284129 - 10/20/09 03:13 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

....especially the lives of my immediate family members. I'll feel like everyone is completely insane, out of their minds, totally retarded, etc., and just being aware of this point of view strikes a very tender nerve in my heart. :sad:

Can anyone else relate? I could write more on this....

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGreenMachine
The Magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: A peninsula
Re: Sometimes, I become SEVERELY depressed when I think about other peoples' lives... [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #11284170 - 10/20/09 03:17 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

just remember what Bobby McFerrin said

Dont worry, Be happy
In every life we have some trouble but when you worry you make it double
Dont worry, be happy

--------------------
Look behind you, do you see it?:unbelievable:

OfflinePMasterPoo
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Sometimes, I become SEVERELY depressed when I think about other peoples' lives... [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #11284171 - 10/20/09 03:17 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I do know what you mean, I feel like there's too many people in the world for everyone to be happy.  Bigger population = more problems in the world.

:frown:  I know exactly what you mean.

Anonymous #1

Re: Sometimes, I become SEVERELY depressed when I think about other peoples' lives... [Re: PMasterPoo]
    #11284329 - 10/20/09 03:42 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

It sucks, I wish that everything is alright for everyone. :sad:

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: Sometimes, I become SEVERELY depressed when I think about other peoples' lives... [Re: Anonymous #1] * 1
    #11284684 - 10/20/09 04:32 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

The only thing stopping anyone from being happy all the time is themselves.  Perception yields mood, which yields quality of life.  Control your own mind, and you control your happiness.

Strength.

OfflinePMasterPoo
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Sometimes, I become SEVERELY depressed when I think about other peoples' lives... [Re: memes]
    #11285439 - 10/20/09 06:15 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

That is a very good point meams.

Invisibledr_gonz

#11285849 - 10/20/09 07:13 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

you're an empath.

Offlinebeneath
One Way Street
Male User Gallery

Loc: The un-united kingdom
    #11286174 - 10/20/09 08:07 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

SEVERELY?

As in you end up commited to a hospital or try to kill yourself?

Offlinelines
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Sometimes, I become SEVERELY depressed when I think about other peoples' lives... [Re: beneath]
    #11286411 - 10/20/09 08:41 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

What helps me when I get sad or upset about the madness of people around me is I do neti. Neti is a hindu term for taking water in cupped hands and snorting it up your nose.

Invisibledr_gonz

Re: Sometimes, I become SEVERELY depressed when I think about other peoples' lives... [Re: lines]
    #11286428 - 10/20/09 08:43 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

neti pot

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: Sometimes, I become SEVERELY depressed when I think about other peoples' lives... [Re: lines]
    #11292723 - 10/21/09 04:56 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

lol

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Offline5150
phantom
 User Gallery
    #11294321 - 10/21/09 08:45 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

life is basically an act of nature like pond scum or photo synthesis,anything can happen and when humans dont develop their minds all manner of fucked up situations occur

--------------------
"the way of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death"

Miyamoto Musashi
from

The Book of Five Rings

OfflineDarkestone
One of Them
 User Gallery

Loc: On healing wings
Re: Sometimes, I become SEVERELY depressed when I think about other peoples' lives... [Re: 5150]
    #11294526 - 10/21/09 09:13 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I know what you mean OP.

Have you ever sat in your car in a parking lot of say, Wal-mart or K-mart and just observed how sad and/or mean everyone looks? why isn't anyone genuinely smiling and happy anymore?:wtf:

Anonymous #2

Re: Sometimes, I become SEVERELY depressed when I think about other peoples' lives... [Re: Darkestone]
    #11294567 - 10/21/09 09:18 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

we're on the cusp of 2012

InvisibleCameron
Too Many Words
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Sometimes, I become SEVERELY depressed when I think about other peoples' lives... [Re: Darkestone]
    #11294726 - 10/21/09 09:38 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Darkestone said:
I know what you mean OP.

Have you ever sat in your car in a parking lot of say, Wal-mart or K-mart and just observed how sad and/or mean everyone looks? why isn't anyone genuinely smiling and happy anymore?:wtf:

That's ridiculous. Your city can't be so different from mine. People smile all the time: kids giggle, parents crack up at their antics, partners hold hands affectionately, seniors run into old friends (pun intended!), etc.

I wouldn't judge the populace's general attitudes based on mundane shopping trips, either. Family men and women shopping after work/chores/whatever -- tired, and probably hungry around all that food! -- aren't the fairest sample of Westerners.

OfflineHesterzjester
Sojourner
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uh-oh.... I can't remembe...
Re: Sometimes, I become SEVERELY depressed when I think about other peoples' lives... [Re: Cameron]
    #11296565 - 10/22/09 01:16 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Cameron said:
Quote:

Darkestone said:
I know what you mean OP.

That's ridiculous. Your city can't be so different from mine. People smile all the time: kids giggle, parents crack up at their antics, partners hold hands affectionately, seniors run into old friends (pun intended!), etc.

I wouldn't judge the populace's general attitudes based on mundane shopping trips, either. Family men and women shopping after work/chores/whatever -- tired, and probably hungry around all that food! -- aren't the fairest sample of Westerners.

Maybe "genuinely happy" is different than being temporarily happy from an adrenaline shot of "mall hunting"  or being excited by material possession??  Maybe This kind of happiness is a glow that emits from the inside??  Maybe this is the kind of things this person speaks of?  A kind of smile and glow that you  take with you to Hell mart or where ever else you go.

People shopping at wal mart are the average american.  So this would, i think be a good place to observe the culture.  Just like you might go to an out door market place in vietnam to observe their culture??

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Sometimes, I become SEVERELY depressed when I think about other peoples' lives... [Re: Hesterzjester]
    #11297520 - 10/22/09 05:15 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

The point everyone has missed in this thread, is:

Don't think about anyone live's, unless you are going to contribute something directly to them. Focus on yourself.

I used to be bummed + i still am sort of, but i try and celebrate the polarity, and at least ... accept the shit in my society. It motivates me towards abandoning a society with twisted morals.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisibleAmber Trichome

Loc: Black Mountain
Re: Sometimes, I become SEVERELY depressed when I think about other peoples' lives... [Re: PDU]
    #11302213 - 10/22/09 09:49 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I live in a house with a mother figure who was raised by an abusive alcoholic. She still has much baggage and is very pessimistic and verbally/emotionally abusive. The pessimism is contagious to the other family living with her and the abuse has done lasting damage to her children (ex. one 40 year old who has never lived away from her parent's home).

It has been years since I've had a conversation with this lady that didn't end in an argument. She has control issues and has to go out of her way to shut others' perspectives down no matter how illogical she is thinking. The only people she will stand by is conservative media (entertainers) and "Christians".

It's depressed me on and off my whole life, as it has dramatically affected my relationships with people who should be my supports (friends included) and at times made me question my self worth when I was a child. I had an especially rough time after a bad trip centered around the situation.

Through the storm, I learned that they are letting their issues control them, to just overlook them, and concentrate on bettering myself.

Edited by Amber Trichome (10/22/09 09:58 PM)

OfflineDarkestone
One of Them
 User Gallery

Loc: On healing wings
Re: Sometimes, I become SEVERELY depressed when I think about other peoples' lives... [Re: Amber Trichome]
    #11304707 - 10/23/09 09:28 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

^^^I was raised in a very similar situation.  Criticism non-stop.    Now that I am grown and gone and finally happy with myself,  I am trying to help my 14 year old sister realize that she isn't a fat, lazy, stupid, vain teenager.  She is a beautiful, bright, soulful girl with a big heart.

Even more-so, I am trying to get her to stop listening to everyone else and find her own self and her own path.

I just ignore, pray for, and try to help my mother now.  She can get so confused.  Example:  I have actually had to sit and listen while she verbally bashed a family in the church she goes to b/c  "you know they are the worst family in the church when it comes to gossiping.  Glad I am not that bad."  Talk about irony?

InvisibleLysergicLeopard
Stranger
Male

#11306792 - 10/23/09 04:56 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe because of the population boom, many people have subconsciously opted to become nothing more than walking bags of fertilizer. :tongue2:

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being