Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD   Amazon Microscope

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Only "some kinda of conscious omnipotent being" can have control over things...
    #11283932 - 10/20/09 02:43 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Here is the line of thought behind this assertion:

Quote:

Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:
Its possible to seek control, but unless your some kinda of conscious omnipotent being it will never happen.

Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:
To answer all of those.  Everything is governed by the equations of dynamics and chaos.

Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:
Chaotic time evolution a of physical processes.

Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:
Dynamics
Quote:

In physics the term dynamics customarily refers to the time evolution of physical processes. These processes may be microscopic as in particle physics, kinetic theory, and chemical reactions,[1] or macroscopic as in the predictions of statistical mechanics and nonequilibrium thermodynamics.

Chaos can be summed up basically when henry adams sad "Chaos often breeds life, when order breeds habit."

Chaos embodies these three important principals.

extreme sensitivity to initial conditions
cause and effect are not proportional
nonlinearity

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelaserpig
Weedmaster_P

Re: Only "some kinda of conscious omnipotent being" can have control over things... [Re: Poid]
    #11283967 - 10/20/09 02:49 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

I dunno dude, seems pretty airtight.

--------------------
Weedmaster P knows the truth.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Only "some kinda of conscious omnipotent being" can have control over things... [Re: laserpig]
    #11283979 - 10/20/09 02:51 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Unlike goatse's asshole! :goatse:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Offlinelaserpig
Weedmaster_P

Re: Only "some kinda of conscious omnipotent being" can have control over things... [Re: Poid]
    #11283994 - 10/20/09 02:53 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Hahaha

dude why are you not 5-shroom'd

--------------------
Weedmaster P knows the truth.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Only "some kinda of conscious omnipotent being" can have control over things... [Re: laserpig]
    #11284004 - 10/20/09 02:55 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

I piss too many people off. And it's not just here at the Shroomery, it's all over the internets! :lol:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

OfflineAhimsa
Male

#11284252 - 10/20/09 03:30 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

What do you mean by 'control'?

Edited by Ahimsa (10/20/09 03:36 PM)

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Only "some kinda of conscious omnipotent being" can have control over things... [Re: Ahimsa]
    #11284285 - 10/20/09 03:35 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Presumably something along these lines:
Quote:

con·trol (kn-trl)
tr.v. con·trolled, con·trol·ling, con·trols
1. To exercise authoritative or dominating influence over; direct. See Synonyms at conduct.
2. To adjust to a requirement; regulate: controlled trading on the stock market; controls the flow of water.
3. To hold in restraint; check: struggled to control my temper.
4. To reduce or prevent the spread of: control insects; controlled the fire by dousing it with water.
a. To verify or regulate (a scientific experiment) by conducting a parallel experiment or by comparing with another standard.
b. To verify (an account, for example) by using a duplicate register for comparison.
n.
1. Authority or ability to manage or direct: lost control of the skidding car; the leaders in control of the country.
a. One that controls; a controlling agent, device, or organization.
b. An instrument or set of instruments used to operate, regulate, or guide a machine or vehicle. Often used in the plural.
3. A restraining device, measure, or limit; a curb: a control on prices; price controls.
a. A standard of comparison for checking or verifying the results of an experiment.
b. An individual or group used as a standard of comparison in a control experiment.
5. An intelligence agent who supervises or instructs another agent.
6. A spirit presumed to speak or act through a medium.

:justdontknow:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

OfflineAhimsa
Male

#11284320 - 10/20/09 03:41 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

I don't see how something 'outside' creation could control it. So, if there is any control then it must be creation itself that is doing the controling.

In as far as you can call the planet earth conscious and potent, it is indeed a being in control of itself. Earth is a self-regulating system.

But there's another thing that bothers me. If you say 'being' then that implies 'alive'. If our heartbeat determines that we are alive or not, then what determines that the earth-being is alive, or for that matter, the god-being?

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Only "some kinda of conscious omnipotent being" can have control over things... [Re: Ahimsa]
    #11284364 - 10/20/09 03:47 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Ahimsa said:
I don't see how something 'outside' creation could control it. So, if there is any control then it must be creation itself that is doing the controling.

Don't know why you're even mentioning "'outside' creation"...:confused:

Creation is a verb, not a noun, so it doesn't control; it is control.

Quote:

Ahimsa said:
In as far as you can call the planet earth conscious and potent, it is indeed a being in control of itself. Earth is a self-regulating system.

I don't call it conscious, but I guess it could be deemed as 'potent', depending on how you look at it. I agree that it is a (temporary) self-regulating system. :thumbup:

Quote:

Ahimsa said:
But there's another thing that bothers me. If you say 'being' then that implies 'alive'.

I suppose it does. :shrug:

Quote:

Ahimsa said:
If our heartbeat determines that we are alive or not, then what determines that the earth-being is alive, or for that matter, the god-being?

It's more than just a mere heartbeat that determines whether or not we're alive, I do not believe that the Earth is alive, and I do not subscribe to the God theory. :shrug:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

OfflineAhimsa
Male

#11284403 - 10/20/09 03:53 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

creation => cosmos :waits:

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11284420 - 10/20/09 03:55 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Sorry, I don't speak M&P. :shrug2:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD   Amazon Microscope

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology