Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMycOhunter

Re: San Pedro ID [Re: Pacha]
    #11321056 - 10/25/09 10:42 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Pacha said:
I've rooted these 3 cuttings a week ago (Peruvianus, Bridgesii and PC), they are kept on my porch in a shady spot where they get light but not direct sun. The weather in Israel is pretty worm even in the winter we don't get much rain so I am not going to water them until April.

Just put them in an area they will get full sun in, or at least 6-8 hours (in my experience), and the etiolation will work itself out, your location is great for growing cacti.

Also you can take the etiolated parts and cut them off, then root them and they will grow into normal size cacti given they get enough light.

Check out this link, scroll down to etiolation.

http://cactiguide.com/cactipests/#environmental

I live in the south but it gets cold here in the winter (15-20degrees), I move my cacti indoors under fluorescent lighting, the pups that are produced indoors are not that much smaller than the ones produced outside in full sunlight.

Cut the etiolated part off the pup, right were it has begun to be etiolated, then place the cactus in full sun and it will produce more pups of normal size.

--------------------
True Community:  The process of deep respect and true listening for the needs of the other people in this community.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleKnobby Tops
Psychonaut

Re: San Pedro ID [Re: drift]
    #11321067 - 10/25/09 10:45 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Nice specimen...happy travels.

InvisibleMycOhunter

Re: San Pedro ID [Re: theMallacht]
    #11321100 - 10/25/09 10:49 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

themallacht said:
Quote:

MycOhunter said:
Quote:

Big L said:
Once it has calloused and you are ready to plant,

remember that the spines point upwards at about a 45 degree angle.

:thumbup:

and ignore the jive about laying it on its side.

Why ignore the jive of making a log outta it?

I have some awesome logs, love em, whats wrong with logs.:cactus:

For sure man.... Log growing is great.... I'm going to post this link yet AGAIN, for those who haven't seen it... I'm sure others are sick of seeing it though, but oh well.... San Pedro Log Grown!!!! I still have yet to plant any of mine like this, but I'm going to very soon, the next time I propagate one of mine.....

Not trying to be a dick but you might want to remove that non-sponsor link, its against the rules.

--------------------
True Community:  The process of deep respect and true listening for the needs of the other people in this community.

OfflinetheMallacht
Clandestine Hero

Re: San Pedro ID [Re: MycOhunter]
    #11322650 - 10/26/09 06:00 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

lol... I have posted that link a ton of times... It is merely to a page showing the Log Growing of San Pedro... Sure, that site sells San Pedro, but I am saying "Hey go buy San Pedro there!" ... I've posted it a few times and no one has complained yet.... We're not allowed to post educational articles? Aren't we here to learn?

--------------------

InvisibleBig L
In tall buildings
 User Gallery

Loc: Luxury
    #11323016 - 10/26/09 10:16 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

We're not allowed to post them if they are from non-vender sites. If they are from vender sites or from sites that don't sell anything, than post away.

--------------------

OfflinetheMallacht
Clandestine Hero

Re: San Pedro ID [Re: Big L]
    #11325120 - 10/26/09 05:01 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Ok, regardless... Like I said... I've posted that link a TON of times, and not once have I been told by a mod that it's against the rules... The specific link that I posted is, as I said before, for an EDUCATIONAL ARTICLE... It's not even linking to the part of the site where they sell anything at all.... People are such little children on here. Worry about yourselves... Are you here to learn or here to criticize others who are trying to learn?

--------------------

InvisibleBig L
In tall buildings
 User Gallery

#11325374 - 10/26/09 05:45 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

:facepalm:

I'm not criticizing people for trying to learn. I just agreed that you shouldn't post a link to non-vender sites.:shrug:
I understand that you didn't link to the specific part of his site that advertises his cacti, but there are plenty of "educational articles" that aren't on sites that sell cacti.

MycOhunter and I arn't trying to be dicks, were just telling you the rules. get over it.

--------------------

Edited by Big L (10/26/09 05:52 PM)

OfflinetheMallacht
Clandestine Hero

#11325493 - 10/26/09 06:05 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Well when a mod tells me that article is inappropriate, I will definitely heed that.... So you get over that....

--------------------

Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #11325595 - 10/26/09 06:25 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

themallacht said:
Ok, regardless... Like I said... I've posted that link a TON of times, and not once have I been told by a mod that it's against the rules... The specific link that I posted is, as I said before, for an EDUCATIONAL ARTICLE... It's not even linking to the part of the site where they sell anything at all.... People are such little children on here. Worry about yourselves... Are you here to learn or here to criticize others who are trying to learn?

Situations like this have happened before, in this case members should copy and paste the educational information rather than linking to commercial sites.

I'll give you a little time for you to fit in the rules before taking further measures.

Thanks to all conscious members of the garden that help the mods. :highfive:

FH

OfflinetheMallacht
Clandestine Hero

Re: San Pedro ID [Re: felixhigh]
    #11325844 - 10/26/09 06:59 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

felixhigh said:
Quote:

themallacht said:

Situations like this have happened before, in this case members should copy and paste the educational information rather than linking to commercial sites.

I'll give you a little time for you to fit in the rules before taking further measures.

FH

Well, thank you then felixhigh, as I said, when a mod chimes in, I will gladly respect and heed.... I just think too many people on here care more about feeling superior over another member and pointing out the rules in that manner than they do about the rules themselves. I think too many people on here equate how many posts you have to your general intelligence as well.

--------------------

InvisibleBig L
In tall buildings
 User Gallery

#11325968 - 10/26/09 07:13 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

themallacht said:
I think too many people on here equate how many posts you have to your general intelligence as well.

says you, 239 :rolleyes:

--------------------

OfflinetheMallacht
Clandestine Hero

#11326139 - 10/26/09 07:31 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

:dumblol:Please tell me you're kidding?

--------------------

InvisibleBig L
In tall buildings
 User Gallery

#11326182 - 10/26/09 07:38 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

yes

--------------------

InvisibleMycOhunter

#11327800 - 10/26/09 11:11 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

themallacht said:
Quote:

felixhigh said:
Quote:

themallacht said:

FH

Well, thank you then felixhigh, as I said, when a mod chimes in, I will gladly respect and heed.... I just think too many people on here care more about feeling superior over another member and pointing out the rules in that manner than they do about the rules themselves. I think too many people on here equate how many posts you have to your general intelligence as well.

I wasn't trying to act superior to anyone, just trying to help you out, also trying help this community out, that's all.

I got a warning from the doc for posting that exact page, that is why I chimed in and said what I said, this site is about community correct?:awedance:

--------------------

Offlinesanpedrocactus
Stranger

Re: San Pedro ID [Re: MycOhunter]
    #11328674 - 10/27/09 01:23 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Ok, so dosed a shot of cactus filtered snot tea at a friends house. That happened at 2:00 pm I had the peak at around 4:50 - 5:50 where I was caught in the flow of the clouds and by 7:00 pm I still had visual wall distortions and light vibrations and couldn't stop laughing. From 8 pm -9 pm I still felt excited like I was rolling. I also noticed minor hallucinations in the street lights. Now its 11:20 pm and I just saw a mother and child figure enraptrued in wood grain crazzy shit... What mescaline dosage does this most closely resemble?

Ive never understood the power and magic of mescalito until now.

Edited by sanpedrocactus (10/27/09 01:26 AM)

OfflineAcaterpillar
A little mad...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
Re: San Pedro ID [Re: sanpedrocactus]
    #11328751 - 10/27/09 01:40 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds like it could of been anywhere from 1'-1.5'. Did you not measure out the dose?

And did you just de-juice the cactus, and not preform any form of extraction?

--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Offlinesanpedrocactus
Stranger

Re: San Pedro ID [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #11328783 - 10/27/09 01:47 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

It was 4 ft and 2 in of thin 1.5 inch diameter cactus'.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies