Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Columbus OH Flag
How do you know when you're ready again?
    #11282895 - 10/20/09 11:41 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I haven't tripped in about 6 months, which is a pretty long time compared to how often i normally take a psychedelic.  I like to trip every couple months, or if a special occasion arises, but after a break how do you know when you are ready to trip again?  I know im just over analyzing this, as i do with everything, but i feel like im kinda nervous that i won't be in the right set/setting.  But im normally never nervous about tripping.  I usually just go with the notion of "No point in being negative or scared, im going to trip now, i ate the acid may as well embrace the experience."

A little nervous looking at these two hits from the dead summer tour.  Anything anyone else does to get back into it?

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: How do you know when you're ready again? [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #11282923 - 10/20/09 11:45 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I'm at 9 months man,

I'm ready,

just trying to ease my way back into the waters --

but's hard man!

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

InvisibleLobsterSauce
 User Gallery

#11282933 - 10/20/09 11:47 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I think you'll know the right time.

I always get nervous thinking about doing it but when it happens spontaneously it's better(sometimes).

My last time I was up the pub after a few pints and got a call asking did I want to. Already tipsy after the few beers,my potential nerves were non - existent and I went straight there.

My best trip yet. :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineDr.Myco87
Im a "Reader"
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of the greedy! Flag
    #11282939 - 10/20/09 11:48 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I know how ya' feel Cognitive, the longer I wait in between trips, the more anxious I become which in turn makes me think I'm nervous. Don't worry, a time will come when you feel you're ready, I personally haven't waited 6 months to trip for awhile, but after 2 or 3 months I start to get those thoughts that you're talking about, am I going to be in the right set/setting? Things like that. Just be in a familiar environment, a place that you have tripped before and are comfortable in, more than likely you are just over analyzing things. I know everytime I start to peak I think to myself, "ahhh, this is why I come back."

--------------------
"I don’t do drugs. I am drugs."                -Salvador Dali

"I’ve never had a problem with drugs. I’ve had problems with the police."                                          -Keith Richards

"Reality is a crutch for people who can’t cope with drugs."                                          -Lily Tomlin

Edited by Dr.Myco87 (10/20/09 11:48 AM)

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Columbus OH Flag
Re: How do you know when you're ready again? [Re: LobsterSauce]
    #11282950 - 10/20/09 11:50 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I have had some spontaneous trips.  Once being woken up at 4am to trip in the mountains, and another time getting really drunk and taking acid and going into the mountains.  deCypher is a fun guy to chill with:smile:

Anyways its just weird cuz i have had this acid stowed away for like a month now, and i feel like i should take it sometime in the near future:shrug:

Its different when i don't have access to the drug.

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: New York Flag
    #11282966 - 10/20/09 11:52 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:
I haven't tripped in about 6 months, which is a pretty long time compared to how often i normally take a psychedelic.  I like to trip every couple months, or if a special occasion arises, but after a break how do you know when you are ready to trip again?  I know im just over analyzing this, as i do with everything, but i feel like im kinda nervous that i won't be in the right set/setting.  But im normally never nervous about tripping.  I usually just go with the notion of "No point in being negative or scared, im going to trip now, i ate the acid may as well embrace the experience."

A little nervous looking at these two hits from the dead summer tour.  Anything anyone else does to get back into it?

Honestly man, youre going to take that shit and when you get that grin on your face youre going to think "why did I wait so long? I love this place I'm going to. Why did I not think I was ready?" At least that's how it works for me, you build it up in your head into this big thing. It's like putting the pussy on a pedestal. You build it up into this thing that instills a sense of aprehension.

Just eat that shit man, you'll thank me later.

--------------------
(______(________________((()=~=~=~
SIG-ARETTE

I SUPPORT NEUROSOUP

“Do not let your material possessions be who you are.”

InvisibleLobsterSauce
 User Gallery

#11283025 - 10/20/09 12:01 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Ya when I don't have any, I'm always on the look out for it. It never seems to be around but then when I get some and have fun,my thirst is quenched for months after or longer.

Fuck it,you'll know when to do it.

And Platinum is right, the deal you are making of it is a lot bigger than what it will be.

Because once you get that feeling...:awebig: :lsd:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience