Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinec1dh3d
The elephant is BACK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Opinions on colonized rye directly on top of perilite
    #11282201 - 10/20/09 03:58 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

It's been awhile since I've grown anything, so I'm going to try getting up on the horse again. The last very successful grow I had was PE spawned to straight rye, between two layers of casing (I was pretty drunk when I did it), however - it worked quite nicely.

Now, I have another syringe of PE I was again going to spawn to rye and case, however I wanted some opinion a technique that I helped a friend experiment with and he got a SHIT TON of mushrooms.

Pretty basic set up, 1-2 inches of wet perilite, with 2-3 inches of spawn on top of that, covered by 1/2-1 inch of casing. I have been looking for teks with people doing this for the last half hour or so, and cannot find it. I know it worked great for my buddy, but noone else seems to use this technique, like at all.

Any input from anyone out there in Internet AM zombie land?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletruskool
WTF?? FTW!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
Re: Opinions on colonized rye directly on top of perilite [Re: c1dh3d]
    #11282203 - 10/20/09 04:05 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

so you are talking about putting the sub straight onto the perlite?  there is no point in having the perlite then do a monotub

--------------------
Ask  AMU    for    the  best    mycology    advice  out  there

Roll it :burnone:While I troll it.  :maximumtrolling:

I don't mean to boast, but dam if I don't brag.

Offlinec1dh3d
The elephant is BACK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Opinions on colonized rye directly on top of perilite [Re: truskool]
    #11282206 - 10/20/09 04:10 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I have two extremely large monotubs that I can't really fit into my closet space at the moment, and I'd rather not modify my growing chambers into monotubs. Why is it that you say perilite is useless? It seemed to work absolutely fantastic for my buddy and his stargazers.

Invisibletruskool
WTF?? FTW!!
Male User Gallery

#11282214 - 10/20/09 04:17 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

uhm cause spider eggs dont grow well on perlite :rofl:
there is no point in putting the sub ontop of the perlite perlite is to increase humidity if you put sub on perlite it wont do what it is suppose to.  if you put the sub on the perlite it cant release the moisture into the air.  i am sure the stargazers would do just as well on or off the perlite.  this is just my opinion but i am sure other ppl will agree

--------------------

Offlinec1dh3d
The elephant is BACK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11282224 - 10/20/09 04:28 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Heyyy, my spider eggs grew alright on perilite for the brief time they were growing :P

I am just trying to pull off a little grow with the materials I still have left, which is enough rye for 6 quart jars, enough 50/50 for a an inch or so in both my grow chambers, and enough perilite for an inch or so in each chamber.

If I got a brick of coir could I mix that in the bottom of the chamber without adding the trash bags and multiple 1 inch holes everywhere? This grow chamber has always been a rock star for small grows, so Id hate to go and start modifying it up.

Invisibletruskool
WTF?? FTW!!
Male User Gallery

#11282229 - 10/20/09 04:33 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

well how big is it why not try this
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10713572#10713572
this is probably perfect for your situation  and you dont have to modify shit if your using a shotgun well tape some bags down

--------------------

Offlinec1dh3d
The elephant is BACK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11282241 - 10/20/09 04:41 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Actually both chambers are pretty basic - each one has one 6" HEPA filter on one side of it, both measure about 12"longx8"widex10"deep. I suppose if I added another 1" hole on the opposite side slightly elevated above the filter, to create a flow of the air coming through, it may produce the same effects as a monotub without having to completely modify it - then dump the spawn and coir in there and see what happens.

I've never used coir before, so I've been reluctant to give it a first go when I'm so broke, but perhaps I'll give it a go and pray to the shrooms gods that these spiders may see the light of day!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder