Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSittingBull
Servant of the Void

Loc: Desensitized Death in the...
Using mushrooms with intent and as a sacred tool
    #11279120 - 10/19/09 06:11 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Hi everyone, my questions are for anyone who uses mushies for spiritual purposes.

1.) How do you go about your own personal rituals?

2.)What is your intention before the trip and does it ever change during the trip?

3.)How does the trip end up corresponding with your set intention? visuals, feelings, sounds, thoughts, how do they end up playing in with the intention?

4.)Do you use any other ritual tools besides mushies during your trips?

5.)What about setting and safety precautions?

6.)Group? or solo? does it matter to you personally?

7.)And for those of you who have done such things, what have your results been? Insights gained, things happening afterwards, feelings of betterment, etc....

8.) Anything anybody would like to add?

I'd love to hear from everyone, I've been searching the net and sadly have come across very little info.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

Re: Using mushrooms with intent and as a sacred tool [Re: SittingBull]
    #11279476 - 10/19/09 07:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I think it's best to go into a trip without expectations, in a safe enviornment- and go with the experience. Every trip is differant so there arn't really difinitive answers to the questions you posted.

I don't necessarily see mushrooms sacred or anything either, they're more interesting and unique for me.

InvisibleSittingBull
Servant of the Void

Re: Using mushrooms with intent and as a sacred tool [Re: Subconscious]
    #11280809 - 10/19/09 09:51 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, I'm wanting to go with the angle of shrooms being sacred. In my viewpoint hallucinations of any kind are about as sacred/spiritual as dreams can be and both hallucinations and dreams tell us things about ourselves. Ya know?
I get what your saying about every trip being different, I'm just looking for a way to use the trip for either psychological or spiritual betterment, with ritual and intent as the framework for either of these.
Though I can see them both ways.
By both ways I mean as just a chemical and as spiritual.
Really I'm just seeing if anyone uses them in a magical or ritual way, because I believe they have potential. And I'm kinda looking to try them with a set intention and see how the results are.

Though they are fun from either viewpoint, as spiritual or fleshy.

OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

#11280994 - 10/19/09 10:17 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SittingBull said:
Yeah, I'm wanting to go with the angle of shrooms being sacred. In my viewpoint hallucinations of any kind are about as sacred/spiritual as dreams can be and both hallucinations and dreams tell us things about ourselves. Ya know?
I get what your saying about every trip being different, I'm just looking for a way to use the trip for either psychological or spiritual betterment, with ritual and intent as the framework for either of these.
Though I can see them both ways.
By both ways I mean as just a chemical and as spiritual.
Really I'm just seeing if anyone uses them in a magical or ritual way, because I believe they have potential. And I'm kinda looking to try them with a set intention and see how the results are.

Though they are fun from either viewpoint, as spiritual or fleshy.

Don't get me wrong, my trips are greatly beneficial to me... but I go with the trip- not try to mold the trip into something.

To me it sounds like you're asking what you should do and what you should think. You have to find that out for yourself and come to your own understandings.

Nobody can really tell you how to use them, or what's going to work for you. You should just go into a trip and try to learn from it... think, meditate. The inner realizations are something you need to discover for yourself... no one can really hand them to you or tell you an exact way to reach catharsis.

Or maybe i'm just misunderstanding...?

Invisibleuncle_rico
my own worst enemy
Male User Gallery

Re: Using mushrooms with intent and as a sacred tool [Re: Subconscious]
    #11281140 - 10/19/09 10:44 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

My advice is to show the Mushroom respect .... flesh of the Gods.

Prepare with a feeling of humility.  Fast .... then say a little prayer/intention .... "Mushroom spirit .... take me where I need to go .... show me what I need to see.  If it is harsh, please be easy on me ... Kind SIR.

Kind of a loose, respectful, humble request.

--------------------

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Using mushrooms with intent and as a sacred tool [Re: uncle_rico]
    #11281213 - 10/19/09 11:01 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I posted this in the pub on a similar topic:

Saying to "be here now" and actually doing it are two different things.

Drugs make it much much easier to "be here now", and when used as tools, can be EXTREMELY beneficial in finding some spirituality in your life.

Just think - everything that you know/think - is an illusion. Some things are so mind blowing that your brain can't really comprehend - so we try and find words for such things, religion, spirituality, etc. Space is a good example of things that are just larger then our consciousness in a sober sense can really grasp. Tryptamines and psychedelics and whatever when used as tools can help you perceive such concepts in a much more "advanced" way, once "you" are out of the picture, everything suddenly appears much clearer, although the most far-fetched ideas such as creation and the universe in general I don't think can or will ever be understood, so what are we to do? I think the best method is simply to understand yourself, and upon doing so, everything else will make sense as well - but like I said, knowing something and REALLY KNOWING something are two different things and REALLY KNOWING something as complex as yourself can take years and years of dedicated meditation/drug therapy/self analytical therapy/etc. etc. and doing such is simply too much of a struggle for most Westerners to really grasp, especially when there's a good TV show on. My advice? Either go in and do it right, or don't bother, because all you're fooling is yourself.

Also : I see no spiritual benefit from group trips, people just feed way too much off of each other. An exception of course would be to have your friend being sober and keeping an eye on you, instructing you on how to react to what's happening to you - but that's as far as communication should go. Group trips can definitely be fun, but we're not really after fun are we?

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Edited by pfxtc (10/19/09 11:04 PM)

Invisibleotherwhitemeat
Female User Gallery
Loc: Florida
    #11281285 - 10/19/09 11:17 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

skip meal, clean home, clean body. dress comfy. light beeswax candle. draw curtains. turn off phone. dose. put in earplugs. center myself for the usually-bumpy comeup ahead.

2.)What is your intention before the trip and does it ever change during the trip?

varies, but i do usually have a specific short list of areas i need help with. i come seeking help. i accept that i may be asking the wrong questions, and try not to resist a change of focus. change of focus is common.

3.)How does the trip end up corresponding with your set intention? visuals, feelings, sounds, thoughts, how do they end up playing in with the intention?

varies. big doses overwhelm and discard my agenda, in a good way. more moderate doses more likely to stay focused, be "working" trips. visuals and other sensory phenomena: while sometimes awesome, never the main event. in fact i hardly pay attention to them.

see candle, above. flickery gold light and honey-fragrance, reminding me of flowers and collective intelligence and flight and labor and sweetness.

the earplugs shut out distracting little noises like the refrigerator compressor that make my hyper-vigilant ass jump on the comeup. heartbeat and breath are all.

home, clean, no obligations whatsoever until next day. sober sitter good but not always required.

solo except sitter. social trips too light to be worthwhile IME, heavy trips too awkward around others. your results may vary of course.

7.)And for those of you who have done such things, what have your results been? Insights gained, things happening afterwards, feelings of betterment, etc....

too big a question. i am a kinder, calmer, healthier, more humble and grateful person now than before i entered this path a little over 3 years ago.

Edited by otherwhitemeat (10/19/09 11:22 PM)

Invisiblewhatdidusay
Travelin Raver
Male

Re: Using mushrooms with intent and as a sacred tool [Re: otherwhitemeat]
    #11281452 - 10/19/09 11:55 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Using mushrooms with intent and as a sacred tool
    #11279120 - 10/19/09 07:11 PM (5 hours, 35 minutes ago)
Edit postEdit  Reply to this postReply  Reply to this postQuote  Quick ReplyQuick Reply

Hi everyone, my questions are for anyone who uses mushies for spiritual purposes.

I have various gods and goddesses i worship throughout the day. They help provide that said magical plants will greatly help my spiritual and mental journey.  I also do lots of shamanic rituals personalized for myself and my totem needs. etc.

My intention is to always hopefulyl get so far fucking gone and blown away im in a whole new world in another galaxy man. and yes all the time.

i dunno even what this question meens right now lol i have this shit called Synesthesia and a good deal of hallucinations i experience come from this Synesthesia shit maxed out to awhole new level bc i have HPPD too.

Yea i got sum rune stones and sum altars and portable shrine  i take with me to make various kinds of herbal and magickal sacrifices to. so that the said substance will go help enlighten me.

Im oout in the wild so the only real safety setting is like making sure whos land im on. sumtimes the forests ill be traveling in will be like national parks etc. other times its just like no mans land. and then jus tmaking sure i got th eneccessary safety measures packed to survive bad weather.

Not really. I like to trip solo bc primarily its jus tmuch more powerful and speaks to me way more. groups are good or just chillin with ur fellow stoner mates swapin stories and shit.

If it wasnt for cannabis, shrooms, and lsd, i dont know who i would be today. ive learned so much. so many amazing breath taking things maaan. so much.

8.) Anything anybody would like to add? 

good vibes!

--------------------

InvisibleSittingBull
Servant of the Void

Re: Using mushrooms with intent and as a sacred tool [Re: otherwhitemeat]
    #11281537 - 10/20/09 12:11 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Thank you to everyone that has responded so far. It's interesting for me to see every ones take on this.

And to Subconscious, I'm not really looking for anyone to tell me how to use mushies spiritually, I have a pretty good idea of how I would go about it already, I'm just looking for some inspiration and looking at it from a slightly more results oriented set up then I usually do and someone might have a good idea that I haven't thought of. I do understand that the structure in mushroom land is different from every day reality( there is still structure to it in my opinion) and that it's a good idea to be flexible with where it leads.
Just trying to find out how they operate for me. Cause I've had some really good(what I would consider spiritual trips) and some slightly dull or boring trips where it just seemed all chemical and I felt like I was missing some piece of it. From the fleshy side of it I'm thinking it may or may not be an issue of the breed of shroom. But that doesn't make much sense to me cause it's all the same chemicals...
And I just want to try tripping with the spiritual aspects in mind and see how that goes, because I've never tripped with only spiritual uses in mind and I want to give it a shot.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies