Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineburgatory
Outlander
Male

The purpose of life is to be happy
    #11278960 - 10/19/09 05:47 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I think being happy is all there is to life. There's no meaning or goal, nothing serious, nothing to take you out of the moment.

I don't think there is anything to life except emotions... if you're going to think about something that's bad, it's only bad if you're feeling bad already. If you're feeling great, you get over it or have no negative response to it. That is to say, there is no world, there's only what you're feeling. All your opinions and ideas about meaning are just expressions of your emotional state.

Be sad, life sucks, all the world's a sideshow.
Be happy, life's great, who cares about the world.

What I'm basically saying is life is so simple we've missed the point. All it is is your emotions at work.

As a really harsh example. Be sober and your favourite pet dies, you are sad. Take a pill of ecstasy, you're over it. There's no meaning to what happened it's just what you're feeling.

So feel good, do something that makes you feel good until you die, the problem of life if you had one, is solved. :sun:

To further elucidate, imagine you never came into contact with our global society, you just lived a simple life alone, there was no big show going on in the background to join in on, you were just a happy 'thing', nothing mattered. Would you ask for more? In fact why don't we think about that - why does nothing matter when you're happy? Because all this intellectualisation and debating and wondering is all a fraud; what if you don't even exist? From the beginning it was just like a ride... a show, and all of this natural selection and survival of the fittest and "life is an ordeal" attitude is just a side effect of the show?

If you want more than happiness then you're stepping into an abyss.

Edited by burgatory (10/19/09 05:59 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

Loc: ohio
Re: The purpose of life is to be happy [Re: burgatory]
    #11279034 - 10/19/09 05:58 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I am not so sure your example is that solid but yeahhhh....

I can see the point you make that life is so simple its like we automatically over complicate it, but we humans are funny creatures.

One could be sad about the death or a pet or something even after eating a bunch of ecstacy - its just that one may more affirm and accept the way things have happened with less mental teetering and fixation on the sadness, a perhaps vulgar speeding up of coming to terms with reality.

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

Offlineburgatory
Outlander
Male

Re: The purpose of life is to be happy [Re: andrewss]
    #11279048 - 10/19/09 06:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah the example(s) are a bit cheap, I changed them a bit, heh.

I guess what I should be saying is, is there anything but NOW? When there's only now, all that matters is what you're feeling.

--------------------

Wherever the hero may wander, whatever he may do, he is ever in the presence of his own essence — for he has the perfected eye to see. There is no separateness. Thus, just as the way of social participation may lead in the end to a realization of the All in the individual, so that of exile brings the hero to the Self in all.

joseph campbell

For, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

jesus

Edited by burgatory (10/19/09 06:01 PM)

Offlinetraviedigital
Stranger

#11279842 - 10/19/09 07:51 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

the message is what matters

and its a good one

keep sharin in the groove:mushroom2:

Offlineburgatory
Outlander
Male

Re: The purpose of life is to be happy [Re: traviedigital]
    #11279914 - 10/19/09 08:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

:sunny:

--------------------

Wherever the hero may wander, whatever he may do, he is ever in the presence of his own essence — for he has the perfected eye to see. There is no separateness. Thus, just as the way of social participation may lead in the end to a realization of the All in the individual, so that of exile brings the hero to the Self in all.

joseph campbell

jesus

OfflineAlphaFalfa
imagine

Loc: 3 Seconds Ago. Flag
    #11280103 - 10/19/09 08:16 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

lol

Then there is no reason to not to delve deeply into all realms of sexuality...your ideas are correct, but applying them against your preconditioned mind will trouble you, i garuntee it. You'll probally just cop out pretty soon, and slip back into complication, I've tried this approach and it doesnt work.

Good luck though.

:rockon:

--------------------
if you ever feel lost, just remember, life is not a journey, it is entertainment, all 4 fun...

OfflineBrainChemistry
Captain Obvious
 User Gallery

Loc: Mountains of N. America Flag
    #11280864 - 10/19/09 09:58 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I think you are right on the money burg......the point is happiness.

But obviously, we aren't happy all the time. If we were you'd see Israelis and Palesitines dancing in the streets with each other...but we dont see that, instead we see them launching missilies across their borders, and sending people to each other with bombs on their chests......so the question then becomes, why are we not happy?

And answering that questions involves much time and much energy. Humans are in conflict with each other because we are in conflict with ourselves. We don't truly understand ourselves and our relationship to the universe. We feel like we are small, lost, alone, and afraid.....its tough being a tiny human on a little ball circling a tiny sun amidst an infinite galaxy. Its a terrible feeling to know that you mean nothing....so terrible, that most people don't even face it. Instead they make up religions and fight wars to prove to themselves that they are right.

Happiness is paramount...but to find true happiness one has to recognize all the problems in their self for what they really are.

--------------------
Word to your mom.

OfflinePoptart
 User Gallery

#11281109 - 10/19/09 10:38 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

burgatory said:
I think being happy is all there is to life. There's no meaning or goal, nothing serious, nothing to take you out of the moment.

I don't think there is anything to life except emotions... if you're going to think about something that's bad, it's only bad if you're feeling bad already. If you're feeling great, you get over it or have no negative response to it. That is to say, there is no world, there's only what you're feeling. All your opinions and ideas about meaning are just expressions of your emotional state.

Be sad, life sucks, all the world's a sideshow.
Be happy, life's great, who cares about the world.

What I'm basically saying is life is so simple we've missed the point. All it is is your emotions at work.

As a really harsh example. Be sober and your favourite pet dies, you are sad. Take a pill of ecstasy, you're over it. There's no meaning to what happened it's just what you're feeling.

So feel good, do something that makes you feel good until you die, the problem of life if you had one, is solved. :sun:

To further elucidate, imagine you never came into contact with our global society, you just lived a simple life alone, there was no big show going on in the background to join in on, you were just a happy 'thing', nothing mattered. Would you ask for more? In fact why don't we think about that - why does nothing matter when you're happy? Because all this intellectualisation and debating and wondering is all a fraud; what if you don't even exist? From the beginning it was just like a ride... a show, and all of this natural selection and survival of the fittest and "life is an ordeal" attitude is just a side effect of the show?

If you want more than happiness then you're stepping into an abyss.

Someone is tuned in...

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: The purpose of life is to be happy [Re: Poptart]
    #11281255 - 10/19/09 11:11 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

What a world we would be in if we all followed our happiness eh?

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

OfflineDiaboleros
Devil's spawn

Re: The purpose of life is to be happy [Re: Ginseng1]
    #11281570 - 10/20/09 12:18 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Wow finally, I have reached happiness. So what's next? Where do I go from here?

Btw cool topic, I didn't know there were other people out there who knew about emotions.. how did you learn about them?

OfflinePoptart
 User Gallery

Re: The purpose of life is to be happy [Re: Diaboleros]
    #11281579 - 10/20/09 12:19 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Diaboleros said:

Spiral out...Keep going.

~Lateralus

Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

Loc: ohio
    #11282289 - 10/20/09 05:24 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

My happiness is perpetuated by killing happy go lucky people like you!

:mob:

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

Offlineburgatory
Outlander
Male

Re: The purpose of life is to be happy [Re: andrewss]
    #11282334 - 10/20/09 05:57 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Bah you just stereotyped my post, now you're insulting a straw man. (both of you)

--------------------

joseph campbell

jesus

InvisibleChronic7
    #11282341 - 10/20/09 06:02 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I mostly agree, apart from 'do something that makes you feel good until you die' because if we place feeling good at the end of doing something we'll always be chasing happiness, always onto something until we die, then in the last few seconds of breath we wonder what it was all about.

When we can figure it all out now & be perfectly happy :grin:

Discovering lasting happiness is the true purpose of a human existence for sure

Thats why people who are not interested in lasting happiness are miserable, cause its not fulfilling the potential of a human existence, that why we have mid life crisis', seeing the job, the car, the house, the girl, the kids, none of it really brings true lasting happiness

:peace:

--------------------

Offlineburgatory
Outlander
Male

#11282344 - 10/20/09 06:04 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Poptart said:
Quote:

Diaboleros said:

Spiral out...Keep going.

~Lateralus

Are you aware this refers to the multidimensional nature of this scheme we're in? There are other worlds, so to speak. Do I sound like a madman or are we on the same level?

--------------------

joseph campbell

jesus

OfflinePoptart
 User Gallery

Re: The purpose of life is to be happy [Re: Chronic7]
    #11282382 - 10/20/09 06:28 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Chronic777 said:
I mostly agree, apart from 'do something that makes you feel good until you die' because if we place feeling good at the end of doing something we'll always be chasing happiness, always onto something until we die, then in the last few seconds of breath we wonder what it was all about.

When we can figure it all out now & be perfectly happy :grin:

Discovering lasting happiness is the true purpose of a human existence for sure

Thats why people who are not interested in lasting happiness are miserable, cause its not fulfilling the potential of a human existence, that why we have mid life crisis', seeing the job, the car, the house, the girl, the kids, none of it really brings true lasting happiness

:peace:

Sometimes suffering is the path of least resistance...if you know what I mean. But I already know you know what I mean.

OfflinePoptart
 User Gallery

#11282386 - 10/20/09 06:30 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

burgatory said:
Quote:

Poptart said:
Quote:

Diaboleros said:

Spiral out...Keep going.

~Lateralus

Are you aware this refers to the multidimensional nature of this scheme we're in? There are other worlds, so to speak. Do I sound like a madman or are we on the same level?

I'm on several levels at once right now. I am percieving reality on a lateral/parallel level.

Offlineburgatory
Outlander
Male

#11282683 - 10/20/09 08:44 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Hmm, well you know that's good to hear. Sometimes I think my apparent 'drops' into other realities was just pure insanity.

--------------------

joseph campbell

jesus

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom