Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemilkman59
milkman
Male User Gallery
texas: by milkman "done" down with the green sickness
    #11223518 - 10/10/09 09:50 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.ralphstersspores.com/USA/product_info.php?products_id=153
Quote:

Nice super dense fruits. Small but firm, tissue contains much less water than any cubie I've seen. They don't shrink much upon drying an are hard as a rock when dry. Prolific fruiter and sensitive to light (will fruit with little to no light exposure). Great invitro strain. Average to dark spore depositor. Get ready for a speedy rush while studying this one.

ok so the last few days has been kinda busy and i got lazy. more torward the end being today. i got 47 pints of wbs cooked. yes i said pints. reason being. easier to get out im lazy so i got wide mouth jars.  ok back on track here. i absolutely love the brf slurry to grain tek over at mycotopia. so to start off with i knocked up 1 texas jar ms. i let it fully colonized. then tossed in my frig for later date being 3 months ago i done this and im just now getting around to pulling it out.

i also work in a shmuvbox. i need to maybe some day get a flow hood but until then this is good enough. i do cloning to lc, printing, spawning, and soon to be doing clone to agar, ms to agar work in it too.

"picture coming soon over shmuvbox"

so i just pour 47 quarts of wbs with just 1/4th of a brf cake that slurried with 500 ml of water. with in 3 to 5 days my grain normally is colonized 100%, but since it is a bit cold lately might slow it down to 7 days. now i know i said i would do 2 different strain but as i said i did get lazy. i am doing 8 65qrt bin though.

--------------------
milkman does wikidzons... fresh start 10/26/09
prints sent out today sorry for delay.....10/27/09

Edited by milkman59 (10/19/09 07:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblefeelfunny
I am you
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: South
Re: texas: by milkman [Re: milkman59]
    #11223860 - 10/10/09 10:44 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

nice just got done picking TX today not pretty i know but trying to get extras of all my prints right now so i can trade more. cant wait to see how yous come out. its been nice talking to you the last week but cant wait to see what you can do

--------------------
IF A CAT AND DOG CAN GET ALONG WHY CANT EVERYONE ELSE?
If the sky is falling, don't look up!  :abduction:

Feel Family Founder. :pm: me if you are tired of hearing, "Use the search function".

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
Re: texas: by milkman [Re: feelfunny]
    #11224060 - 10/10/09 11:11 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

brf slurry?  is that like this tek but with ground cake instead?

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
Click here ^ for the AMU forum
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV
"Man is the sex organ of the machine world" ~  Marshall McLuhan

Invisiblefeelfunny
I am you
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: texas: by milkman [Re: 13shrooms]
    #11224107 - 10/10/09 11:18 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

pritty much that, i went over to the topea to see

--------------------

Feel Family Founder. :pm: me if you are tired of hearing, "Use the search function".

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman

Trusted Cultivator
Re: texas: by milkman [Re: feelfunny]
    #11224400 - 10/11/09 12:06 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

feelfunny said:

that site is too difficult to navigate for me to find any good info. :shrug:

Im shroomery through and through.

--------------------
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV

Invisiblefeelfunny
I am you
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11224559 - 10/11/09 12:43 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

most definitely no other site compares to the time ythan put and puts in to this for us

--------------------

Offlinemilkman59
milkman
Male User Gallery
    #11225193 - 10/11/09 06:38 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

13shrooms said:
Quote:

feelfunny said:

yes its where colonize a brf cake and blend it up in  a oster blender then pour it to your grains. kinda like grain to grain, but instead it is slurry to grain. think my tit heater broke. kinda need it about now, its cold  up here.

--------------------

Offlinemilkman59
milkman
Male User Gallery
    #11225201 - 10/11/09 06:40 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

with the slurry 1 brf cake can pour up to 100 to 150 jars easy

--------------------

Offlinemilkman59
milkman
Male User Gallery
    #11225405 - 10/11/09 08:16 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

13shrooms said:
Quote:

feelfunny said:

TV Guide to Colonizing a Quart Jar in Three Days
http://forums.mycotopia.net/spawning-teks/30494-tv-guide-colonizing-quart-jar-three-days.html

--------------------

Offlinemilkman59
milkman
Male User Gallery
    #11232634 - 10/12/09 11:41 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

update:
we got life as of yesterday. ill post pictures when i spawn to tubs.

--------------------

Offlinemilkman59
milkman
Male User Gallery
    #11249047 - 10/14/09 09:05 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

colonization is looking great update with some pictures tomorrow i say ill be spawning by sunday or monday, but lets not count or chicken b4 they hatch. keepin fingers crossed.

today is the 4th day since slurry was spawned to the grain. most jars are 75 to 80% colonized. im blaming the cold room it's in normally by now they are 95% done.

--------------------

Edited by milkman59 (10/14/09 09:14 PM)

Offlinemilkman59
milkman
Male User Gallery
texas: by milkman (pictures) 10-15-09 [Re: milkman59]
    #11253171 - 10/15/09 01:20 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

ok so just to show ya'll day 5 on few of these jars. i did just find out im got to go out of town for a week so i wont be able to spawn to sub until i get home

this is what a shmuvbox is:

it is an air purifier that has a ionizor and a hepa on it. works great. just duct tape a garbage bag to it cut 3 holes. 2 for your arms 1 for eyes. eatyualive has been using this tek for years. i love it myself im going on 2 1/2 years myself. only have got 1 contamed jar since ive used it and that was my last grow. because i forgot to wipe the jars down with 70% alcohol.

thats all i do. spray lysol through the intake vent as it is running, put everything in the garbage bag then i have a spray bottle with 70% alcohol. i spray everything down and wipe off and got to work.

--------------------

Edited by milkman59 (10/15/09 02:03 PM)

Offlinemilkman59
milkman
Male User Gallery
Re: texas: by milkman (pictures) 10-15-09 [Re: milkman59]
    #11253504 - 10/15/09 02:09 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

this is eatyualives words from here

Quote:

eatyualive said:
i use a shmuvbox. which is basically a hepa with ionizer in it. with a plastic bag attached to it. ive poured plates, done clones, grain to grain transfers, prints all fine. even made syringes with no problems.

although nothing ghetto is ever going to out do a flowhood. but its a cheap start. it works so good and takes up so little of space. and it has a large work area if you use those big plastic yard bags that ive never turned back.

i keep one hepa unit and i only use it for sterile work. so the filter is only being used maybe once or twice a week. so it can last up to 2 years if not 3. this filter usually lasts about 2 years unless i get a big bust of trich in it. ive had 3 filter cartridges since i bought this thing about 5 years ago for 30 bucks at walmart. and my contam ratio is very little. out of the last year of jars ive only had two batches go bad. one was due to needing to change the filter in the hepa unit for the first time in 2 years. the other was bc the master jar i had, had some trich hiding in it. didn't see it until i forked it from a pf jar to g2g and then the green went everywhere.

so it works well.

and this is the cheapest one at walmart.

damn i was trying to upload more pictures to show you some inside shots and how to set it up. but my picture limit is maxed out. so im going to link you to this thread that explains it a bit more.

http://forums.mycotopia.net/holding-tank/41580-peek-into-shmuvbox.html

here is the text off of what i have posted.

behold the shmuvbox. best invention of the century! credit to molester. its very portable and you can get a larger liner that will allow more work space. right now you can see 20 quart jars WBS  and two BRF  jars in this pic. if you zoom in you can see the two hand holes and the eye hole. the more transparent the bag the better. you won't need the eye hole if the bag is transparent.

this is such a great invention. i sold my flowhood  . i have poured plates, taken clones, made spore syringes, g2g  transfers, you name it, it has been done in this thing. portable, effective, cheap! can't go wrong!

i use a shmuvbox. it is a HEPA  with a big clear trash bag over it, you place all your clean tools, fruits for cloning  , and benzo torch to sterilize your blades in this bag.

usually i will wipe down every single part of this HEPA  with 70-90% rubbing alc. be anal, spray it with disinfectant spray. this thing will pour plates and take clones easily. holmes brand HEPA  filters with a small Ionizer  built in are a great size. you only need a small room size filter. and it should be around 30$ at walmart.

once you put the bag around the filter, tape it down to the table your working on. this will in turn, allow the bag to stay put.

now blow your bag up that has all your cooled utensils and sterile equipment in it.

turn on the HEPA  and when it blows up, cut two holes in it for your hands. one for each. and if you can't find 100% clear lawn bags for the bag, you can cut eye holes as well. this produces positive air pressure and forces out the bad stuff. its real simple, clones can be taken and it stores nicely. its efficient and takes up little space, and hides easily.

http://forums.mycotopia.net/cloning/36463-9er-tek-details-collection-additions.html#post572051

anyway, im one ghetto mofo. so i use cheap and easy and stealthy. works wonders for me.

add the cheap 4 to 6 foot table from office depot and you have a nice work area that folds up and is not visible to anyone. the hepa takes up about a 1'cubed area. 1x1x1.

the folding table. folds and sits behind a couch or piece of furniture easily. talk about portability and ease for someone going to go on a hunting foray and then trying to take a clean print in the hotel.

id pick the fruit and put it in a gallon ziplock bag. then go back to the hotel room. set this up on the hotel table and print my wild specimen right in there. or clone what have you...most of the utensils you use for sterile work will pack up real easy. i can get away with a scalpal, a bernzomatic torch, some rubbing alc, disinfectant spray and thats all you need. if you really want a fast clone. you can setup some 9er tek jars and bring your blender with you. it should all fit in a decent size box. excellent. now for flying. may not work with the scalpals. but its perfect for driving to a local or unlocal field a few hundred miles away.

hell now adays exacto knives are cheap. you can just buy one of those crappy cheap ones at the local dollar store. and toss it when your done....even most small towns have dollar stores. not all but many do.

here are some pictures of a setup for clone via 9er tek. should be in the archives here on how to do 9er tek cloning method.

http://forums.mycotopia.net/holding-tank/42809-taking-9er-tek-clone-shmuvbox.html

sorry for offsite links. i would upload the pics and illustrate it here. but im at full capacity on pics.

also just to clarify that i mean what i say. ive been using this method for about 5 years now. with less than 3% contam ratio.

at about 2 batches of 10 jars each a week. on a  weekly basis for one year equates to 1040 jars a year given a 52 week year.

20 jars a week times 52 weeks = 1040 jars a year.

out of those 1040 jars. 20 contaminated. and that was a dirty filter.

20contam jars/1040 jars a year =.019. or 1.9%

thats a great contam ratio. just about 2 percent.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10421485#10421485

--------------------

Invisibletruskool
WTF?? FTW!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
    #11253741 - 10/15/09 02:43 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yea that is some bomb shit

--------------------
Ask  AMU    for    the  best    mycology    advice  out  there

Roll it :burnone:While I troll it.  :maximumtrolling:

I don't mean to boast, but dam if I don't brag.

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman

Trusted Cultivator
    #11253755 - 10/15/09 02:44 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

nice cheap portable hepa, the shmuvbox is what Im in need of. :super:

--------------------

Offlinemilkman59
milkman
Male User Gallery
Re: texas: by milkman (pictures) 10-15-09 [Re: 13shrooms]
    #11253818 - 10/15/09 02:54 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i got a 12.1 mega pixels camera an the light still shit on them pictures.

--------------------

InvisibleSlimz
.-~*´`*·~-experience-~*´`*·~-.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Maryland
    #11253885 - 10/15/09 03:02 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

sounds like user error

--------------------
Lazy Drywall Tek (no powdery mess)

This series will blow your mind and confirm what you already know to be true.
The Pharmacratic Inquisition
Best Thread Ever ! ! !

:pm: me if you have questions about lasers

Although i may advise others in a general way regarding all types of mushroom grows, and may even post question from other forums about growing "active" mushrooms, i only grow non-"active" mushrooms and edibles.

FeelFamily resident tech guru

Offlinemilkman59
milkman
Male User Gallery
Re: texas: by milkman (pictures) 10-15-09 [Re: Slimz]
    #11254977 - 10/15/09 05:44 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

could be just got it 1st digital i ever really messed with. in do time.

--------------------

Offlinemilkman59
milkman
Male User Gallery
    #11279716 - 10/19/09 07:33 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

well every dog has their day. this is what happens when you brag about never hardly getting the green mean. not 47 jars later grand total 57 jars in 2 years got taken down. sad day. think it might be time for a new filter and time to clean that freakin frig. one of the 2 got me.

at 1st  i thought it was weak myc. so was giving it a few days to whiten up, but as you see shit does happen....

--------------------

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In my garden
    #11279738 - 10/19/09 07:37 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

That looks awful. I would just trow those jars straight to the trash and possibly not before PCing those things.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract