Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineroygbiv
zipperist

Loc: space is the place...
the search...
    #1122388 - 12/08/02 03:42 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

hullo...

just moved to the oregon area and looking for some area recommendations to hunt, or maybe a crew to tag along with on a hunt... ive grown before, but most of the research ive done suggests that there might be some favorable areas for wilds around acadia? im fairly experienced and know what to look for, but theres safety in numbers... if nothing else, a stoned day hike, meet some new people... let me know if anyones got any suggestions.

cheers-
roy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: the search... [Re: roygbiv]
    #1122542 - 12/08/02 05:23 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflineLoop_Theorist
addict
    #1122544 - 12/08/02 05:25 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Roadkill is in your area I think (seattle) and is the man when it comes to hunting.

-Loop

--------------------
Pack-tight, midnight, ship it to tha coast.
Some take tha plane, you, you on tha boat,
right beside tha money which right beside tha coke
Passin by tha coastgaurd, right under their nose.

To the US-HEY where anyone can getny, MIA all the way to New Your city, you a twenty now....

Offlineroygbiv
zipperist

Re: the search... [Re: ]
    #1124951 - 12/09/02 01:09 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

thanks for the tips mister. thats pretty much what i figured and i feel the same way. loop and i have been digging this site and hes been posting for a while... i thought to meself, fuck it, ill start posting. but thanks again. yr advice is well heeded...

cheers-

roy

Anonymous

#1125059 - 12/09/02 01:42 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: the search... [Re: Loop_Theorist]
    #1125096 - 12/09/02 01:53 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Good suggestion Loop except that Oregon is 175 miles from and south of Seattle. not to close to the area and he did not say in what part of Oregon he is from.

In you live in Eugene area then take west 11th avenue to the Venta-Elmyra turn off to Florence. halfway there is Noti and a few miles west of Noti are many cattle pastures they have liberty caps as does Bartels meat packing plant and farm by the Fern Ridge Resovoir near the end of west 11th ehich also has liberty caps. The valley River shopping center mulch beds in and around the buildings in the shoping center and parking lot areas., Hendricks park under the rhoderdendrons and skinners Butte park in Eugene. Cooll places to look for P. cyans, P. baeos and P. stuntziis and/or P. fetaria.

Corvalis in the spring froom Feb - May for Panaeolus subbalteatus in rotted haystacks.

In Portland around 200 south of downtow are pastures, or try the parks. Washington park is big and many downtownd office buildings with muclched in gardens and well manicured lawns. Woodchips for cold weather shrooms.

this is for the poster of the threat not for loop who is 175 miles from ORegon or Roadkill.

Mj

goodluck

Offlineroygbiv
zipperist

Re: the search... [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1126031 - 12/09/02 06:23 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

thanks muchly mj... im in the portland area so the pastures are probably ideal, and i remember eugene being a hep place so maybe a roadtrip soon... either way i appreciate the info...

cheers

roy

OfflineTrellis
Trellis

#1127702 - 12/10/02 02:07 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

LECTURE TIME

Some of us have spent years reading, learning, hunting to find these places and you just laid them out to the general public. The inner city Eugene areas are way overpicked already and I am regularly seeing "enthusiasts" that show no respect for the parks. People trampling over everything, shouting loudly about what they are doing. This is the kind of behavior that draws attention. Now people are being handed specific locations in Eugene. The parks you mentioned are small city parks, not vast areas of land. People historically have little respect for what is simply handed to them, and this is a field of interest that desperately needs to be handled in the most responsible of ways.

I appreciate people sharing information, but is a PUBLIC post the wisest way to go?
Would a private message been just as effective in answering the original poster's query?

Not to mention.. Do you know the age or status of who you are informing?

In a forum such as this, there ought to be a certain level of responsibility.

Is it not a rule of this forum not to mention specific locations like "under such-and-such bushes in such-and-such park in such-and-such city"?

I rather hope the moderator deletes the message.

I know I'm gonna get bad ratings for this but somebody has to do it.

#=Trellis=#

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
Re: the search... [Re: Trellis]
    #1129110 - 12/10/02 01:47 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Trellis ,UR soo right .

Mj , what travel guide do you get your info from ? not to flame you or anything but ,the info you posted is about 20 years out of date .
the thing is this , the Willamite vally became famous in the early 70s for its abundance mushies and has been pledgued by  disrespectful ,noisy  and greedy hordes of shroom hunters that trample over everything and leave nothing for seed .the western Ore. area has been so over picked you would be lucky to find two or three lib.capps if you looked all day . :frown:
Property owners are becoming less friendly because of people who mash down fences and allow their livestock to escape .more and more no trespassing signs are being posted due to lack of respect , like not asking permission , trampling through gardens and littering .im not saying that all mushroom hunters act this way , but the few that do are making it all the harder for the rest of us .if we ever hope to get the cops and the general public off our backs , we have to start by policing our own .
sorry for getting so political ,and thanx for letting me bend yer ear , but that is why i am the dean of mean .
:grin: 

OfflineOJ
old hand
Re: the search... [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1133654 - 12/11/02 07:38 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

i think that if MJ is kind enough to give away so many of his spots he should be able too....

OfflineGreenGrassFarmer
observer
Loc: Green ol Pacific Northwes...
Re: the search... [Re: OJ]
    #1134520 - 12/12/02 05:41 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

True that!!!...There's more than enough for everyone...So, 3 spots get spoiled...Big deal...Do you realize how many similar habitats there must be out there? I would let the info slide...Big Fuckin Deal...Strength in Numbers!!!

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: the search... [Re: ]
    #1134956 - 12/12/02 08:56 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

oh oh !

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Invisiblepsiclops
# 1
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: the search... [Re: MAIA]
    #1135996 - 12/12/02 03:04 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Im pretty sure the only spots he gave away are already trampled areas. You just better NEVER mention any place that I have found shrooms or i will personally hurt some old dudes.... J. A.

<<<<< thats me. What?

Edited by psiclops (12/12/02 03:06 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies