Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibledoorfinger
tetris lego
Loc: outside
initiating someone to the tripping world
    #11276823 - 10/19/09 01:55 PM (8 years, 22 hours ago)

i'm curious as to the best way to introduce someone to the inside of their own brain. the uninitiated have all sorts of misconceptions about the process of tripping and there really is NO way to fully describe and prepare them for it. baby doses are fun and helps get the feet wet, but, at the same time, it's also real easy to underestimate the force of the light that illuminates the insides of the brain if all they expect is a stronger version of the baby dose. my first trip was absolutely frightening though not negative and i want to make the transition for this person as easy as possible. i can't play god and she feels ready to experience herself but i can still sense her anxiety about it as well. my plan was to take her and two of her closest friends on a full blown psychedelic journey. it's just the execution of it that i'm having trouble with. i'm fully initiated and realize the importance of smiles and making sure everyone has landed properly. i know the answer is circumstantial, but, from your experience, would it be better to rather trip with them to reassure the experience or take a baby dose and talk them through the experience as a sitter? and if someone is having a hard time landing on their feet, i believe the best reassurance is the attitude of the people around them, but, i'll be the only experienced psychonaut. do you have any opinions on helping to ease frightening experiences? i appreciate your opinions. thank you.

--------------------
singing tesla coils.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: initiating someone to the tripping world [Re: doorfinger]
    #11276843 - 10/19/09 01:58 PM (8 years, 22 hours ago)

Load em up and turn em loose. If they make it they would have no matter what. If they don't they wouldn't have no matter what.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleburtonRebel
Male

Re: initiating someone to the tripping world [Re: Icelander]
    #11276897 - 10/19/09 02:07 PM (8 years, 22 hours ago)

Wow either not worry so much or listen to yourself. If they want to do it they will. I once had a friend who said he was going to dose 3 of his friends with shrooms without their knowledge. As far as Im concerned, that's no friend.

--------------------
Wreck yourself before you check yourself

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: initiating someone to the tripping world [Re: burtonRebel]
    #11276908 - 10/19/09 02:08 PM (8 years, 22 hours ago)

I'm not talking about dosing people who don't want to trip. That's just stoopid.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineDiaboleros
Devil's spawn

#11276928 - 10/19/09 02:11 PM (8 years, 22 hours ago)

Actually that's a pretty good idea, I wonder what kind of trips those people have without knowing their onto something?

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
    #11276935 - 10/19/09 02:12 PM (8 years, 22 hours ago)

DMT. - have them do like 20-30mg, lie back and close their eyes.

--------------------

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
Re: initiating someone to the tripping world [Re: Diaboleros]
    #11276941 - 10/19/09 02:12 PM (8 years, 22 hours ago)

Quote:

Diaboleros said:
Actually that's a pretty good idea, I wonder what kind of trips those people have without knowing their onto something?

Well if we refer to MK-Ultra they sometimes commit suicide.

--------------------

InvisibleBand of Gypsys
Stranger

Loc: Mountains on the Moon
    #11277031 - 10/19/09 02:26 PM (8 years, 22 hours ago)

say "Here take this." That's all I got and then they left.

OfflineJasonVira
Stronger, Healthier, Happier!
Male

#11277086 - 10/19/09 02:35 PM (8 years, 22 hours ago)

I no longer want to mess with my head taking that stuff. I wouldn't recommend you people mess with it either. You just may regret it.

The mind can be very fragile!

--------------------
If you have any commentary about my posts that may break the rules. Bring it to my thread in the OTD forum

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=11524605&page=0&vc=1#11524605

InvisibleChronic7
 User Gallery
    #11277128 - 10/19/09 02:41 PM (8 years, 22 hours ago)

If i was to advie a first time tripper i would say adopt the attitude:

BRING IT ON!

Dive into the experience & dont tie a rope behind you

If anyone goes into a intense trip without this attitude, they will most likely at some point encounter fear & struggle with it

:peace:

--------------------

Invisibledoorfinger
tetris lego
Re: initiating someone to the tripping world [Re: Chronic7]
    #11277164 - 10/19/09 02:49 PM (8 years, 21 hours ago)

yeah i agree with you. but is it more comforting to you to have someone tripping with you or a sober friend. i can't really tell. for me i believe most of the time, i would rather have a friend in the same world as myself.

--------------------
singing tesla coils.

OfflineJasonVira
Male

Re: initiating someone to the tripping world [Re: Chronic7]
    #11277167 - 10/19/09 02:49 PM (8 years, 21 hours ago)

Quote:

Chronic777 said:

BRING IT ON!

If anyone goes into a intense trip without this attitude, they will most likely at some point encounter fear & struggle with it

That's ridiculous, man!

You have to be certain you are in a controlled, clean and neat environment. You can't have some fool come in yelling and screaming about ANYTHING while a person is in the midst of a trip. The person could freak out and kill themselves, for crying out loud!

It's best to trip at night about 2:00 AM and come up when most are asleep and things are quiet around you. Unplug the phone or shut off the ringer.

Eat vegetarian that day. Eat very healthy

It's best NOT to combine marijuana and mushrooms until AFTER the main rush. There is a conflict of energies. It's best to trip pure until a couple of hours after the main rush

Get a grip on what's at stake before you just possibly shove someone off a proverbial cliff!!!!!

Sheesh!

--------------------
If you have any commentary about my posts that may break the rules. Bring it to my thread in the OTD forum

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=11524605&page=0&vc=1#11524605

OfflineJasonVira
Male

Re: initiating someone to the tripping world [Re: JasonVira]
    #11277201 - 10/19/09 02:55 PM (8 years, 21 hours ago)

If you want to trip just for the hell of it. You are risking a lot.

You should trip to get to know yourself and your place in the entire scheme of the Universe.

Be determined to radiate tremendous gratitude and appreciation for all the good and wonderful things in your life. This is a great way to ensure you don't have a bad trip.

Either take the mushrooms for a very good reason OR DON'T TAKE THEM AT ALL!!!

They can be extremely dangerous to weak-minded morons.

Eat a small salad and then take them. It's best not to take them on a completely empty stomach.

Make certain you, and your environment, are clean, neat and orderly.

When in doubt always opt for gratitude and appreciation.

--------------------

InvisibleChronic7
 User Gallery
    #11277221 - 10/19/09 03:00 PM (8 years, 21 hours ago)

Quote:

JasonVira said:
Quote:

Chronic777 said:

BRING IT ON!

That's ridiculous, man!

You have to be certain you are in a controlled, clean and neat environment. You can't have some fool come in yelling and screaming about ANYTHING while a person is in the midst of a trip. The person could freak out and kill themselves, for crying out loud!

Where did i say anything about coming in & yelling & screaming?
Or even about being in an uncontrolled environment?

I was talking about an inner attitude of saying to the universe & the mushroom, 'bring it on! whatever happens happens, let us see'
Rather than being fearful of what the experience might bring which itself can induce a fearful experience

doorfinger, id much rather trip with someone who is tripping aswell
i dont like tripping around sober people unless they are a close friend

--------------------

OfflineJasonVira
Male

#11277233 - 10/19/09 03:01 PM (8 years, 21 hours ago)

Hey, I know what I am talking about here!

I was a master PERSONAL mushroom grower

before I decided, years ago, that

I never want to take them again!!!

Some people never properly come down

They end up in mental institutions

or dead!

--------------------

Invisibledoorfinger
tetris lego
    #11277401 - 10/19/09 03:24 PM (8 years, 21 hours ago)

yeah. an experience this intense is not to be taken lightly, which is why the first few posts seem odd to me. it's foolish to think something so intense and potentially life changing can be taken so lightly. we're done with recreational doses here. i agree with the attitude of looking forward, trying to force oneself to return to normality can be traumatic and i think that's what chronic777 was saying. i eat vegetarian before the experience. i never figured others would do that as well. it's my girlfriend, she's been wanting some perspective on her life, but she still has a lot of misconceptions that are a little difficult to clear up and reading about it, to her, seems to bring about more questions than answers. tripping is fun, but it's also a lot more and it's really difficult to describe and prepare someone for it. i have a feeling though that my attitudes will have a great effect on her trip and i'm merely trying to prepare myself in order to prepare her.

--------------------
singing tesla coils.

OfflineJasonVira
Male

#11277557 - 10/19/09 03:50 PM (8 years, 20 hours ago)

Quote:

doorfinger said:
yeah. an experience this intense is not to be taken lightly, which is why the first few posts seem odd to me. it's foolish to think something so intense and potentially life changing can be taken so lightly. we're done with recreational doses here. i agree with the attitude of looking forward, trying to force oneself to return to normality can be traumatic and i think that's what chronic777 was saying. i eat vegetarian before the experience. i never figured others would do that as well. it's my girlfriend, she's been wanting some perspective on her life, but she still has a lot of misconceptions that are a little difficult to clear up and reading about it, to her, seems to bring about more questions than answers. tripping is fun, but it's also a lot more and it's really difficult to describe and prepare someone for it. i have a feeling though that my attitudes will have a great effect on her trip and i'm merely trying to prepare myself in order to prepare her.

Well, you obviously have a good head on your shoulders and that can indeed be imperative to have before tripping. It took a long while before I could understand enough of the messages of my mushroom allies to realize that it is best to become a vegetarian on the day of the trip.

The can speak in a language of images and experience that you have to learn to translate into your native language. You must take into account that it takes quite a while to properly translate what they are teaching you and you have to always be ready to find you have misinterpreted what was taught.

So, if you take mushrooms and are suddenly certain you are the 27th coming of whats-his-face WAIT until you fully come down before you go out trying to make converts.

They also taught me that mushrooms can be indispensable towards perceiving the Universe as Sentient, Conscious & Aware. However, you can NEVER properly do this through the ego. The ego is sustained through the internal dialogue. To get past the ego the mushrooms can help a person get beyond their internal dialogue while in a meditative trance state. I've found that lying down is best for the peak of the mushroom trance trip. It should be a time for gratitude and self-discovery. Not a time for blasting heavy metal music.

Baroque music by Vivaldi can be condusive to a wonderful trip. If you look at Baroque architecture it's rather obvious that many of those architects took mushrooms.

The mushrooms should be viewed as very powerful medicine and should be taken with EXTREME respect as you are dealing with a very Sentient force. The extremely respectful and grateful can attract much needed protection as you venture out into, what may be termed, the Superconscious of the Sentient Universe.

You can preview the music of Antonio Vivaldi here at Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-music&field-keywords=antonio+vivaldi&x=9&y=17

--------------------

Edited by JasonVira (10/19/09 04:05 PM)

Invisibledoorfinger
tetris lego
    #11277718 - 10/19/09 04:18 PM (8 years, 20 hours ago)

complete ego loss is overwhelming and very difficult to understand so i would like to avoid taking the uninitiated too deep into THAT world without first introducing her to the concept of heavily melting egos and alternate cerebral worlds. finding myself in the world of heavy metal is NOT something that i would want to experience. some people enjoy it though... or maybe they just say they do. maybe total ego loss may not be that bad of a step up from colorful and fun baby doses? i just wouldn't know how to prepare them for it.

--------------------
singing tesla coils.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
    #11277740 - 10/19/09 04:22 PM (8 years, 20 hours ago)

I don't like tripping with people--most of them I know are too stupid to know how to enjoy the trip......:shrug2:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Invisibledoorfinger
tetris lego
    #11277771 - 10/19/09 04:27 PM (8 years, 20 hours ago)

i am a fan of vivaldi and baroque music in general though i've never had the pleasure of experiencing his music while tripping. i will definately place four seasons in my cd stack for next time.

ah. i don't think of people as stupid. perhaps they're taking a different road or perhaps they haven't been in the right environment to trip like you do. or perhaps, they just haven't reached a certain level of awareness yet. we were all kids once. if i'm ever in that situation, i take the captain's seat and steer the experience into a more fruitful direction.

--------------------
singing tesla coils.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology