Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Syrian Rue

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineEuphoricDream
Seeker

How much is too much?
    #1127619 - 12/10/02 03:36 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Hey all, OK i have only tripped one time, and it was a relatively low does. Me and a friend split an eight, so i would say it was between 1.5 and 2 grams. The experience was great but relatively mild. I want my next trip to be completely mind bending, however i do not wish to have it so extreme that it is over my head. Would taking seven grams result in a trip that was uncontroable, realize that i looking for more than giggles and breathing walls here. This trip will be done with one other friend away from large groups of people and i plan on not moving for most of it. Remeber this will be my first significant trip, and i feel there is some value in the fact that this is gonna be a first time experiance. I want to dive in, instead of wading around. I am well aware of the effects and that a dosing on seven grams would send me into oblivion, but i just want some first hand opions.
thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLlamanose
The llama knows

Re: How much is too much? [Re: EuphoricDream]
    #1127625 - 12/10/02 03:39 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
Alice came to a fork in the road.  "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
~Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Edited by Llamanose (12/10/02 03:41 AM)

OfflineEuphoricDream
Seeker

Re: How much is too much? [Re: Llamanose]
    #1127642 - 12/10/02 03:44 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

ya i know, i have already been there, i know what the calculations say and i am aware of the effects relating to the differant levals. I just wanted a first hand opinion

OfflineLlamanose
The llama knows

#1127646 - 12/10/02 03:45 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I dunno, never been above level 3 or so...  :tongue: 

--------------------
Alice came to a fork in the road.  "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
~Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

OfflineTriptopinkFloyd
No Hassles orBad Attitudes

Loc: nowhere I want to be
    #1127672 - 12/10/02 03:56 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

The first time I had a "4th level" trip was when I ate an Eigth straight and I had not eaten anything all day. They were sold to me by a person I did not know so i do not know the type, potency etc... If I were you I would just make sure you have a good environment and some good friends and go for an eigth. It was pretty crazy. :smile:

--------------------
I do not partake in illegal acts of any kind, what i say is in pure interest for the science of mycology.

OfflineKillerClown
From Outer Space

Loc: in a dark corner
    #1127678 - 12/10/02 03:58 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

9g was too much for me. 4 grams is an intense trip, but it doesn't get out of hand. 3 grams is a fun time with some ok visuals, mostly just the confusion. anything less than that is a waste IMO.

That's cubies, BTW

Edited by KillerClown (12/10/02 03:59 AM)

OfflineEuphoricDream
Seeker

Re: How much is too much? [Re: TriptopinkFloyd]
    #1127691 - 12/10/02 04:03 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

thanks, that might be what i end up doing (takin just an eight that is), anyother input, anybody take seven grams for there first big trip?

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
    #1127695 - 12/10/02 04:04 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Personally, ive done 4g with more powerful trips than 7g, and with 7g i only experience a level 3. I would strongly recommend you try 4g and then bump up to 7g another time. If they are strong mush 7g could very well be VERY freightening.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisibleMr Wobblehead
WizardExtraordinary &Absolute CocoaSlut

Loc: They tell me it's a hospi...
    #1128220 - 12/10/02 10:57 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Jump in the deep end, you'll either drown or float. :laugh:

I think you should go for 5 grams though.  You'll be quite amazed at what that can do.  It also depends on how you take them.  If they are dried, powder them first and mix with OJ if you want to rocket up (this makes the trip a lot more hectic and intense - which can be good, if that's what you're looking for).  Blend them with cocoa if you want a slow rise.  The cocoa tastes much nicer, and i think it would be a nice way for a newbie to experience 5 grams.

Check out my cocoa-shrooms thread on trip tips, for more details.  I'm still playing around with it, but it is definitely a much nicer way to shroom, IMHO.

But you should remember that you have a lifetime ahead of you to do as many trips as you want to.  Take it easy, get to know the shrooms, and more importantly, get to know yourself, then go to heaven and hell when you are really sure about it.  5 grams in cocoa though, would be a nice starter. :laugh: 

OfflineEuphoricDream
Seeker

Re: How much is too much? [Re: Mr Wobblehead]
    #1128429 - 12/10/02 12:30 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the opinions, it was exactly what i was hoping to get back. In fact I think I am gonna take the middle road and go with five grams. I am also gonna mix them with some cocco as reccomended.
thanks

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
    #1128536 - 12/10/02 01:03 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Awesome, Let us know how it goes, and good luck to you. Just go with the flow if it gets intense man, enjoy.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #1129379 - 12/10/02 05:09 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

The experience at that level can be very Physically Imposing, the feeling is not always good and can really bring you into a bad place! go for the lower dose!

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

InvisibleMr Wobblehead

Re: How much is too much? [Re: Ripple]
    #1130261 - 12/10/02 10:24 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

The cocoa makes the trip a lot more managable. 5 grams in cocoa is much much easier to deal with than 5 grams in orange juice.

If you make the cocoa up with organic soya milk (I have no idea what cow juice will do as I'm a vegan) it takes over an hour to come up, this allows the tripper to adjust to it all as it happens. The cocoa makes it all seem soft and comfortable, and the imagery is amazing as the mind is a lot more comfortable.

The main points to note are that one should use only the best organic ingredients for this. Mixing your shrooms up in a load of sloppy cadbury's filth (that claims to be cocoa), in the juice of an exploited cow, is simply going to make your trip sloppy, filthy and exploited.

InvisibleMr Wobblehead

#1130428 - 12/10/02 11:16 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Have fun. And do take note of the above reply, and use the best ingredients to make this with.

I just did cocoa shrooms earlier with 3.5 grams of syrian rue. This time i opted for bottled water, from the Taurus Mountains in Turkey (lovely stuff), instead of my usual organic soya milk (I was worried about possible problems with soya and the Rue together), and instead of raw sugar i used organic maple syrup to sweeten it.

This was sooooooooooo fucking nice. People complain about the taste of shrooms, but if they just simply used organic cocoa and a bit of flair and imagination there would be no bad taste at all. This is the perfect way to start a heavy trip. If the consumption is unpleasant then it can lead to unpleasant sensations resonating throughout the trip. If you make the consumption as heavenly and delicious as possible then those feelings resonate through the trip instead.

I would recommend using the soya milk for your cocoa-shrooms, not water, this makes the come up that much slower and easier to deal with, and sets the trip up much more pleasantly. And bear in mind that it can take well over an hour to come up, so don't go woofing a few more shrooms 45 minutes later because you aren't noticing anything. The other point about slowing the come up is that you therefore slow the come down. If you rocket up on OJ in half an hour then you trip is going to end just as rapidly (extremely uncomfortable on heavy doses). Taking an hour and some to come up means that you come down as gently, which is perfect for high dosing.

Don't take anymore cocoa or chocolate after the initial dose as this will bring you down. This is handy if it starts to become too much to deal with, but try to weather it out instead, as using chocolate to come down will leave you feeling a bit rough.

Bear in mind that although the cocoa will make your 5 grams seem a lot easier to deal with, you will be cruising into a place that is unlike anything you have ever experienced, and you will be a passenger of your mind. So pamper yourself with the nicest bath imaginable, clean your flat, tidy up your life, nice clean bedding, etc, etc.. Feed your mind with purity and cleanliness and then give yourself the nicest mug of cocoa that you can imagine, then settle back to some nice soft sounds and love it.

One of the things that you might like to consider is going along to your book shop and having a trawl through the Pagan/Witchcraft section. The thing to look for is ritualism. Paganism is a blanket term for a huge group of many various religions, that are timeless and older than humanity. These relgions have been defined and developed through the use of ritual and halucinogenic drugs. Ritual serves to protect the Witch, Wizard, Shaman from being destroyed by the spirit world, it gives her/him a clearly defined baseline starting point (which should be used for all your tripping) and creates an unobtrusive and unnoticable anchor back to the the corporeal universe. This can really save your sanity when it gets bad.

Read up on as many ideas of Pagan ritual as you can find, take the various ideas and try them on for size. Over time you'll hone your own specific rituals which work for you, and over time you will get to see how altering the ritual ever so slightly can have a huge effect on the trip. You then simply feed this information back into your rituals to determine what type of trip you wish to have.

I know it might seem a lot to think about for just one trip, but it is worth it.

And where abouts in the world are you?

Edited by Mr Wobblehead (12/10/02 11:28 PM)

Offlineinsanelane
When I touch mypeepee it getsbig
    #1130614 - 12/11/02 12:06 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

ah, another person experienced/interested in paganism and the sort.

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
    #1130912 - 12/11/02 02:31 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Man... i just have to say...You make me want to try shrooms again, despite my anxiety problem lately. I've been takin a break for awhile. And wasn't sure if it would be a good idea to do them again. You just have a way with words...and the wya you talk about tripping....

fuck it...in a few months...i'm going for it. gonna use your cocoa recipe. which by the way...where is it located?

5 shrooms for you!

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

OfflineEuphoricDream
Seeker

#1131018 - 12/11/02 04:11 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Well Im on way tommorow to find some good organic cocco. I also now a have a friend that is going to be joining me on the trip, so it ends up that we will be spliting the original 1/.4 I had and both be doing 3.5 grams. Its the same friend that I split the eigth with the first time and I plan on his presence only adding to the journey. The trip is planned for this Friday. Right now most of my free time is revolving around the preparation for the trip. I have cleaned up my room, (that includes everything, I did laundry, I cleaned out the old nasty food in the fridge, I vaccumed, and I changed the sheets on my bed.) I am also rereading one the books that had the most dramatic impact in my life. The book is actually called "The Book" (haha) by Alan Watts. I have selected the appopriate music and assembled several areas of comfort. I have also been trying to deal with any "demons" that I feel may be lurking in the shadows. This way if the trip does happen to turn down the wrong path I will hopefully not be overly surprised by what I find. However at the same time, part of the reason for this trip is to deal with any issues that may be lurking in my subconcious. I do not want to deny any of the feelings that come over my during my trip. But anyway, I got a little off topic, I have also not smoked pot or taken any other drug, including things like caffeine or alcohol. Ever since my first trip my desire to use pot has diminished. I found that to be an interesting side effect and hope that this next trip reinforces that idea. I have spent the last two years smoking pot rather regularily and feel I have learned what I need to know from that drug. I still will use it but not on the regular schedule that I have been keeping up. Anyway, I am looking foward to the event with anxious anticipation. I will let you know what happens.
thanks
BTW Im in the US

InvisibleMr Wobblehead

Re: How much is too much? [Re: juicemonkey]
    #1131326 - 12/11/02 10:36 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

In reply to:

gonna use your cocoa recipe. which by the way...where is it located?

The original thread is here...

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum5&Number=1093380&page=2&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1&vc=1

I've tried a few different things since then, like organic maple syrup instead of sugar. Always perfecting. So my current recipe would be for you to get a pot of Green & Black's organic cocoa, and place into a tightly sealed jar with some vanilla pods. Leave this for a week or so to infuse.

Take 1/2 litre of organic soya milk, put a few spoonfulls into the bottom of a bowl, place the rest in a pan and bring to boil, stirring continuously cause this stuff really sticks. As soon as it starts to boil turn the heat off. Take four heaped teaspoons of cocoa and place into the bowl with the few spoonfulls of cold soya milk, and mix to a paste. Now add this to the hot milk and stir well. There's enough here for two or three mugs. Take however many mugfulls of cocoa as there are people tripping and place into a blender. Add your chopped up fresh shrooms, a good splashing of organic maple syrup and give it a good whiz. Drink it down in one. If there's just you, don't have more than one mug of cocoa. Put what's left in the fridge and have it for breakfast.

If you are using dried shrooms, grind them in the mill attachment and then add to the blender.

This might seem a little extravagant and expensive, but in truth it's only a couple of pounds to make this up and it's so worth the extra expense.

For the cocoa and chocolate there's this place...

http://www.chocosphere.com/Html/Products/green-and-blacks.html

I'm sure you can get it much cheaper than that. It's less than half that price in England. But this stuff is so pure and good and does absolute wonders for the trip.

If you're having a few problems with anxiety and things, just take a gram or so of shrooms in the cocoa. A lot of anxiety about tripping is caused by previous trips going to kack, and a lot of the time this was caused by just charging in unprepared. Go back and take it easy, one step at a time. Build up your confidence by creating easy, pleasing trips. Use the ideas in my above posts about ritual and setting the environment. If things start to go a bit wobbly for you then eat a little of Green & Black's dark chocolate and this will lower you down, but just a little, don't panic and eat the whole bar as you'll make yourself sick.

And find some nice soft music.

One of things i mentioned in another thread was to keep a little note book. And keep a list in it of things to do before tripping. Basically it should be a continuous work in progress, update it with new ideas and thoughts. This book should then be used to define and develop your rituals and help to stabilise your trips. An example from mine is that at the end of a trip I always have a bath, so part of my trip preparation list is to make sure the water is hot for when i come down. The bath serves to remind me of my physical self once again and brings me back into the corporeal state. You might like to try this, and experiment with different bath oils and things. You can create wonderful effects in this way. After my comedown bath I always listen to Afro Celt Sound System - Volume 1: Sound Magic. It is such a beautiful piece of music and always reminds me of a beautiful night I once had in Brixton London when I saw them perform it live in the middle of a techno party. It's always a great way to restart my life after my journeys into the other world.

What guitars do you have?

Edited by Mr Wobblehead (12/11/02 10:37 AM)

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
    #1131960 - 12/11/02 10:23 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

hey, thanks for all the info.

Yeah, the recipe sounds pretty good.  In awhile, I will definetly go for it.

I like all your ideas for creating a good set and setting.  Yeah my anxiety started the day after I did 4 hits of acid.  I had had wonderful trips(both shrooms and acid)...but I was using them to much.  I did acid twice, and shrooms 3 or 4 times in around 4 months.  That's jsut to much for me.  So after doing 4 hits of acid(the trip was wonderful mind you)....I smoked a lot of pot the next day(no sleep at all still)....and WHAM!.....big panic attack came out of nowhere.  I didn't even know what was going on.  only till later, did I find out it was a panic attack/anxiety attack.  And ever since then....my anxiety has been a problem.  Although, i feel like i'm 'beating it'.  things seem to be getting better.

In a couple months, i'll have my own place.  Will be good set or setting.  I'm going to use a lot of your ideas.  I like the notebook idea too.  Can't wait to get back into the wonderful world of mushies :wink:

I have a gibson sg, and a yamaha electric(beginner guitar. but not bad at all).  Also have a peavey studio pro 112 amp, and a yamaha 10w practice amp.  Oh, and also have a takamine acoustic(like, $1100 canadian. very nice guitar)

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

#1132139 - 12/11/02 11:32 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe diving head first into the deep end isn't the best idea.

I'd say there is no "too much" shroomage, as long as you have worked your way up to that level. But if someone wants to jump in with a huge dose without much experience with different lower doses, it could possibly be a lot to handle.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Syrian Rue

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience