Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetall_guy
Stranger
Controlling the brain buzz?
    #11274898 - 10/18/09 11:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

This is only my 2nd or 3rd post, but like many others, I've been using this greatly informative site for awhile now. It's been really helpful. Just finished my first grow! Very successful. Anyway... on to the point of my post...

I think most people know what a brain buzz is. I get it quite often when I trip and never knew what it was called til now. Some find is scary, annoying, strange, some like it, some love it. The first time it happened to me I had eaten about 1/8. Half way through the trip I was just laying on my bed staring at my white ceiling and suddenly this "wavy warm" feeling enveloped me and peaked very quickly with a "deafeningly silent" buzz. My vision also seemed to flash extremely fast with warm colors. The sensation greatly intruged me and I wanted to feel it again. I let my mind go and "unfocused" on the swirling ceiling. I guess you could describe it as succumbing to the mushrooms. And sure enough, the same feeling happened twice more... but this time I felt in more control of it... like I could recognize when it was about to happen... and almost make the build-up last longer.

Since that first time it's happened during several other trips. I haven't always been able to control it though. I'm sure there's some factual scientific explanation for this, but it almost feels like the beginning of an out-of-body experience...

What are your thoughts?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDawns_Highway
Stranger
Re: Controlling the brain buzz? [Re: tall_guy]
    #11275560 - 10/19/09 03:03 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

aneurism?

OfflineLucas89
lysergicmescalcybin
Male User Gallery

Loc: USSR
Re: Controlling the brain buzz? [Re: Dawns_Highway]
    #11275606 - 10/19/09 03:44 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i always used to get a weird buzzing sound, which i could "see" when i closed my eyes. i call it the tryptamine buzz; it happens more so when i smoke dmt. a rising buzzing sound. its almost like tinnitus. interesting.

--------------------

OfflineLegalize
Metalhead
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Controlling the brain buzz? [Re: Lucas89]
    #11275630 - 10/19/09 04:11 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I was under the impression that it is very common to experience a melt/fry/buzz/tingle in the brain while tripping hard on psychedelics.

I personally do not like it, I mean it feels kinda good, but it seems to be very unhealthy, as you normally arent supposed to feel your brain at all, besides through headaches.

--------------------

Opiate free since 8/26/10 :thumbup:

Opiate free since 6/22/11 :thumbup: :sun: :thumbup:

OfflineLucas89
lysergicmescalcybin
Male User Gallery

Loc: USSR
Re: Controlling the brain buzz? [Re: Legalize]
    #11275655 - 10/19/09 04:37 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

its not really your brain, its just a mild to intense auditory/tactile/visual hallucination. the best way for me to explain it, would be this weird "force" which i could hear, see & feel at the same time. and the visuals would move in synchrony with the buzz. pretty cool i guess.

--------------------

InvisibleEntersandman
Wings of Tomorrow
Male User Gallery

Loc: behind the border
Re: Controlling the brain buzz? [Re: Lucas89]
    #11275771 - 10/19/09 06:24 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

it´s very obvious....that´s our lovely Kundalini

these effects are very common due ecstasy, meditation and psychedelic use

--------------------

Offlineelkart
Mushroom Servant
Male

Re: Controlling the brain buzz? [Re: Entersandman]
    #16257569 - 05/20/12 10:16 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Trying to dig up information on this phenomenon, I read of some on the forum that have, though usually accidentally or while trying to go to sleep.

When I consume mushrooms, I always do so alone, lying down in silent darkness. I meditate. If I open my eyes or move, this meditative experience fades more quickly than it comes on. It's entirely determined by my ability to focus (on nothing).

I quickly begin to hear a tone that gets louder and louder. I can hear it and feel it simultaneously..it's an intense vibration. A pulsating energy that begins at the top of my skull (third eye) and down my spine, numbing my body. I feel as if I'm dissolving and melting, as I lose my sense of self. I feel almost as though I'm lying on a subwoofer minus the volume.This intense vibration becomes a numbing.

It's all very much like going to the dentist, getting to that point on nitrous when your body goes numb, your face is numb from the novocain, and your head is pulsating, with the high pitched tones of drills. At the height of this, I hear odd popping noises, as if the pressure in my skull is shifting. This seems to happen by about the 45 minute mark, up to the peak, then subsides more quickly than I hope.

Of course, this is all the while with stunning CEV's, ancient symbols, serpents, DNA-like helix energy waves, fractals, flower of life overlay, etc, etc.

Anyway.. this is where I intend to go each time and attempt to stay "there" longer than I previously did. Each time, I increasing the dosage to intensify this affect. Someone proposed the shifting of brain waves/states, which is a given. Another proposed a beginning stage of astral projection, or OBE. Fascinating. So what do you think?

-Elkart

--------------------
Shroom Honey Preservation Tek

Offlinetall_guy
Stranger
Re: Controlling the brain buzz? [Re: elkart]
    #16634995 - 08/02/12 04:59 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I've recently experienced more meditative, introspect trips and have decided to start using mushrooms solo, much the way you described. I posted about a strange out-of-body experience I had and someone mentioned Kundalini as well so I think it's something worth looking into.

OfflineJesusSaves
Stranger
Re: Controlling the brain buzz? [Re: tall_guy]
    #16643070 - 08/04/12 02:34 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I know that you need to be saved by Jesus Christ...

Offlineelkart
Mushroom Servant
Male

Re: Controlling the brain buzz? [Re: JesusSaves]
    #16652295 - 08/06/12 08:41 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

JesusSaves said:
I know that you need to be saved by Jesus Christ...

I know that you need to fuck off bible boy

--------------------

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: Controlling the brain buzz? [Re: elkart] * 1
    #16652551 - 08/06/12 09:44 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Honestly... Stop trying to control your trips!
:-)

You might be generating a conflict in your mind... Control vs uncontrollable... Try to relax... Let go... Auditory or pseudo auditory stimulation is part of the package when dealing with mushrooms... Can try mediation to find the source...

Trust the mushrooms...
Outside of poor set and setting, next worse things for me is trying to control the experience and having expectations. If you go into the experience with a beginners mind, no expectations but the desire to experience... And just let go... Think you can get more out of it and maybe

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

Offlineelkart
Mushroom Servant
Male

Re: Controlling the brain buzz? [Re: HarryL]
    #16653113 - 08/06/12 11:50 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

HarryL said:
Honestly... Stop trying to control your trips!
:-)

This was merely a series of exploratory intention on this particular phenomenon. I typically go with the flow, and sometimes I have intentionality and plan. I hear ya

--------------------

Edited by elkart (08/06/12 11:50 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder