Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: pH Test Strips, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemephistobane
Stranger
Making purified mescaline crystals from whole cactus?
    #11274150 - 10/18/09 11:53 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

swim has already taken a look at several methods, especially the easy 3 step method, and the erowid vault method. swim have whole, non-powder, san pedro. swim'd like to not have to dry it out first, and just move on to base-ifying it. swim would ideally like to get the extraction done and over with by this Friday, for a camping trip. swim can start right now.

erowid: http://www.erowid.org/plants/cacti/cacti_chemistry2.shtml

I guess swim's questions are:

1) will pH of 4 or pH of 10 eat through a 25gal stainless steel pot?

2) swim doesn't have a pipette, nor time to have one shipped atm, can swim use a long stainless steel spoon?

3) how does swim get purified mescaline citrate from the evaporated crystals left at the bottom of the baking pan?

4) how does swim know when there has been enough acid added into the xylol solution to neutralize the lye?

5) How much lye per gram of cactus?

Thank you all very much and hopefully these are new questions :smile:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisible_myconaut_
INSULT RAMPAGE!!!

Loc: school library
Re: Making purified mescaline crystals from whole cactus? [Re: mephistobane]
    #11274223 - 10/19/09 12:04 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Sorry I don't know shit about mescaline... but just as a heads up: Shroomery members don't use swim.

Why?

Because we know the CIA is not going to come kick down our door because we talk about drugs online.
Plus it's MEGA-ANNOYING. :wow:

Otherwise welcome to the shroomery, hope your question gets answered.

--------------------
:dj:
:banana::superbanana::redbanana::bananamusic::celery::rastana::hitlerdance:
          :ass::paradisiscoolwhat:

Offlinefloatingwater
இலைலைலைஇ

Re: Making purified mescaline crystals from whole cactus? [Re: _myconaut_]
    #11274463 - 10/19/09 12:42 AM (8 years, 11 months ago)

the best way to extract mescaline is with your stomach

but

1)no

2)?? need to be more specific

3)re-read the citrate thread in its entirety.. that will help

4)see above

5)see above

6)http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/7875294

all the answers are there.. it's like a text book

honestly

--------------------
================

InvisibleReoSpeedwagon153
Male

Loc: Chetumal, Mexico
    #11276911 - 10/19/09 02:09 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mephistobane said:
swim has already taken a look at several methods, especially the easy 3 step method, and the erowid vault method. swim have whole, non-powder, san pedro. swim'd like to not have to dry it out first, and just move on to base-ifying it. swim would ideally like to get the extraction done and over with by this Friday, for a camping trip. swim can start right now.

erowid: http://www.erowid.org/plants/cacti/cacti_chemistry2.shtml

I guess swim's questions are:

1) will pH of 4 or pH of 10 eat through a 25gal stainless steel pot?

Probably, just use a glass jug (carlo rossi cheap sweet wine)

Quote:

2) swim doesn't have a pipette, nor time to have one shipped atm, can swim use a long stainless steel spoon?

No idea. Everybody else uses a turkey baster (try to find a glass one, xylene eats most plastic). You can make a ghetto sep. funnel pretty easy, just use your head (but make sure to use your head a lot, DO NOT SPILL XYLENE EVERYWHERE!).

Quote:

3) how does swim get purified mescaline citrate from the evaporated crystals left at the bottom of the baking pan?

This is a tricky one. That's why some people use vinegar - all the excess acid evaps off, leaving a product that has no acid contaminants and can be weighed and used as is (though it is waxy, and often quite sticky and not crystalline).

Quote:

4) how does swim know when there has been enough acid added into the xylol solution to neutralize the lye?

The lye shouldn't migrate to the non polar soluteion (xylene) so you have already separated it out by the time you add the acid. It's not essential to add the correct amount of acid, a little less and not all of it will be salted out at once - a little more and you will have excess citric acid in the product (which is non toxic, so no biggie).

Offlinemephistobane
Stranger
Re: Making purified mescaline crystals from whole cactus? [Re: ReoSpeedwagon153]
    #11309274 - 10/24/09 01:12 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

So I have used distilled white vinegar for my first extraction, going by the easy 3 step method, just substituting the vinegar for citrate. Then I was looking up more about separating the mescaline from the other alkaloids. And I came upon this when searching for mescaline acetate posts:

Quote:

safrole said:
do not use bleach as your base.
you should not see crystals forming in your non polar solvent layer.
non polar solvents don't always float on top of water.
do not evaporate your non polar solvent containing mescaline freebase. the freebase reacts readily with carbon dioxide in the air, forming an inactive product.
mixing mescaline freebase with vinegar will not form mescaline acetate, rather a solution of mescaline freebase in vinegar.
crystaline mescaline acetate is inactive.

Is this correct? Right now I'm freezing and rethawing the distilled water with total alkaloids. If I really did fuck up and they are inactive, can i redissolve them with citric acid/distilled water? Any other suggestions?

PS: yes i know, shouldn't have deviated at all from the recipe. Lesson learned, I'd rather not get scolded for it, many others have done the same.[oh and I did go back and re-read the first 14ish pages of the 3 step process]

Thanks!

InvisibleReoSpeedwagon153
Male

Loc: Chetumal, Mexico
    #11309298 - 10/24/09 01:19 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Haha... I guess safrole has it all figured out....

Mescaline carbonate is totally active, so is mescaline acetate. I don't know where the fuck that misinformation came from. Just evaporate the vinegar to be left with gooey, non crystalline mescaline acetate (or partially crystalline mescaline acetate).

I don't think you can get acetate to precipitate or anything. Why are you keeping it in the freezer?

Just throw it on a dish and let it evaporate. You need to salt the xylene multiple times, by the way. Actually I've never heard of anyone using vinegar with xylene, so let us know how it goes.

Offlinemephistobane
Stranger
    #11309423 - 10/24/09 01:58 AM (8 years, 10 months ago)

So what I did was I took the vinegar/mesc solution, and let it evaporate the fine particles of xylene off. By then, it was a lot of water/vinegar and clear like water. There were little crystals forming that floated on the top, almost like dust had fallen on the solution. I decided to heat it up a bit to simmer(electric stove), and boy the smell was bad, but im guessing not toxic perse. Something, not sure exactly what, started to crystallize around the edges of the pan, turning white-clear and looking like crystals/salt or somehting in between.
    So I've got it almost dry, just less than a shot's worth of liquid left in a large baking pan, and the clear crystals are spreading towards the center. Then the white precipitate around the edges started to pop a little from the heat, so I turned it off. When almost all the liquid was evaporated, brownish/reddish/rust colored stuff started to come out. I couldn't tell if I had burned it, or if that was just "the rest" of the alkaloids finally crystallizing out.
    Either way, I put it in some distilled water, and poured that, less than a cup of liquid into a pyrex dish, and froze it.
    I'm thinking when it thaws the white crystals will be at the bottom, and when it is all liquid I can use my handy new stainless steel turkey baster to get out the water. And then put the crystals in a pan with a teency tiny bit of water to evaporate.

Ok, just went and checked it. It's frozen solid, all the liquid is a uniform-ish brown/smog-orange color. There are little specks of brown in it, and what looks like maybe air bubbles throughout, or maybe the white mesc salts, not sure. But I guess thats not working. Did I need to use near-boiling distilled water before I froze/cooled it? Any help with identifying the chemistry going on would be great!
    I'm thinking that the white stuff(mesc acetate) absorbed into the water, while the brown crap(other alkaloids etc) stayed emulsified in the water, but not absorbed into it. Like pouring mud into a glass of seawater.

Offlinemephistobane
Stranger
    #11319646 - 10/25/09 06:51 PM (8 years, 10 months ago)

Ok, so I put the brown crap in the fridge overnight. The crystals had fallen to the bottom, and looked generally white, of course being in brown liquid didnt make them shine or anything.
    Anyways, so I sucked off the brown liquid and set it aside. I heated up distilled water, about 75% of the liquid that held the crystals. As it was simmering I poured the stuff in and got a vinegar smell. Ick.
    I went back to doing dishes, and when I looked back again, most of the solution had dried into a white crystal layer, except for a few spots where it was still a little wet. Generally I'm happy with this.

Now that I have white crystals, that means it's just mescaline acetate right? Or at least highly pure crystals?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: pH Test Strips, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience