Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethelaughingman
Bulbous Poopaloid
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central WA
Re: Azure question [Re: IcelandicSojourn]
    #11274859 - 10/18/09 11:32 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

If you were gonna take a road trip here to find mushies, id make sure you stayed atleast a good week (or untill you hit jackpot). Cause driving all the way here to freeze your nads off and not find anything would really suck.

And the cold weather can be really discouraging lol.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenotorius gib
naturalist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Portland Oregon
Re: Azure question [Re: ShibaSpeak]
    #11274861 - 10/18/09 11:32 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i used to smoke alot of weed and find alot of shroomies hunting. now i dont smoke weed and still find plenty of shroomies. no diff. once you figure out the habitat and have it down your pretty much good to go.

--------------------
I'd rather be a human than a person

OfflineIcelandicSojourn
Monist in Training
Male

Loc: Valleys of the Natives
Re: Azure question [Re: thelaughingman]
    #11274894 - 10/18/09 11:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Hunting high is awesome... just like most other things.
Quote:

thelaughingman said:
If you were gonna take a road trip here to find mushies, id make sure you stayed atleast a good week (or untill you hit jackpot). Cause driving all the way here to freeze your nads off and not find anything would really suck.

And the cold weather can be really discouraging lol.

The road trip's a no-go unfortunately.  Depends on where you are in the PNW in terms of cold.  I'm on Lake Erie so... yeah.  I was going to spend time in Yellowstone too.  I was prepared to pretty much push myself to the limit.

--------------------
Ne me parlez plus de politique
Je veux sauver ma vie    :peace:

OfflineAZrooj
AZ/WA
Male

Loc: USA Washington
    #11276939 - 10/19/09 12:12 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the input everyone.  I knew their wasen't something right about hunting in the forest.  Dune grass here I come again!!!

--------------------
Power booster, I'm talking to god and more.

OfflineMikeallojee
Coolaid smile
Male User Gallery

Loc: SW WA
    #11279717 - 10/19/09 07:33 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

IcelandicSojourn said:
It's dune grass, it can't be that "annoying."  If I were in the PNW, I'd be on the coast.  I just think it'd be a killer habitat to hunt and prolly less competition.  I thought all this out bc I was looking to take a roadtrip to the PNW but unfortunately that fell through.  You're blessed to be in the area you're in if your on the hunt for actives.  You're outlook might work in the short run but WorldSpirit's will help you in the long run.

It sounds really easy to just stroll through some dune grass but don't kid your self for an instant. The grass tends to be two and a half to four feet high and thick as hell. In most places there aren't even trails to follow. And the fact that you stick out like a sour thumb combing the beach grass. Its all too obvious what you are doing. Thats the main reason that I won't pick any even if I do find some because the "MAN" sees you doing what you are doing and you don't see the "MAN" because your head is down concentrating. The last time I went to the fort park in Oregan, state troopers in pick up trucks were doing their own hunting for shroom hunters. If you go take a dog it looks less obvious.

OfflineIcelandicSojourn
Monist in Training
Male

Re: Azure question [Re: Mikeallojee]
    #11279763 - 10/19/09 07:40 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Interesting.  I guess I envisioned them keeping an eye out more in the "woodchipped" and trail areas.  Also it seems to be that having one's head down concentrating is indicative of all shroom hunting, but sifting through the grass--I see your point.  So you don't pick actives at all?

--------------------

Edited by IcelandicSojourn (10/19/09 07:41 PM)

Invisibleshroom360
Freak of Nature
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Sound
    #11279828 - 10/19/09 07:49 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well the park rangers are who give people trouble out there on the coast, not the police.  In the state park that I've been to there really isn't any wood chips and very few trails other than the beach itself.  Also you are not allowed to pick ANY mushrooms at all in this park.  This is the sign that is posted on the road leading to the beach/dunegrass...

Offlineimachameleon
Fun guy
Male

Loc: Western Oregon
Re: Azure question [Re: shroom360]
    #11279909 - 10/19/09 08:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

that's so shitty. what the fuck is wrong with the world when it's illegal to pick mushrooms? Is this a problem all up and down the coast? I've been to a lot of parks on the beach in OR before, but have never seen signs like this, though I've heard of them. One friend of mine told me this summer "you just go where the signs tell you not to". lol. But that's a real bummer. I've been wanting to make it out to the coast to do some hunting sometime this season, especially since the woodchips in my area are providing very little, at least so far, but that really freaks me out. I don't like the po-pos. No sir-ee.

--------------------
"It is not your sin, it is your self-satisfaction that crieth unto
heaven; your very sparingness in sin crieth unto heaven!
  Where is the lightning to lick you with its tongue? Where is the
frenzy with which you should be inoculated?
  Behold, I teach you the Superman. He is this lightning. He is this frenzy."
~ Thus Spoke Zarathustra

OfflineMikeallojee
Coolaid smile
Male User Gallery

Loc: SW WA
    #11280276 - 10/19/09 08:34 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

IcelandicSojourn said:
Interesting.  I guess I envisioned them keeping an eye out more in the "woodchipped" and trail areas.  Also it seems to be that having one's head down concentrating is indicative of all shroom hunting, but sifting through the grass--I see your point.  So you don't pick actives at all?

I take pictures and identify its mostly about the hunt. I pick edibles I can find, but I am too paraniod to pick any actives.

OfflineIcelandicSojourn
Monist in Training
Male

Re: Azure question [Re: Mikeallojee]
    #11280358 - 10/19/09 08:44 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Cool.  I don't want you to get the impression that I just look for actives.  I live in an area with very few actives and I've never done shrooms.  If they were in front of me though in considerable numbers, I might pick a few.  But looking around to see someone watching me... yikes.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom