Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleDephect
New Life
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRC, Nevada
New grow room in the works.
    #11273400 - 10/18/09 10:06 PM (8 years, 6 days ago)

I didnt know where else to put this, however this is one of the best parts about my new place, it has this huge crawl space, that goes over one of my neighbors places, I think its the chick with the dreadlocks but this is going to be the new storage place and house a few tents for some plants and just store some tubs that we use only for road trips and moving.

Check it:

I know some might think its a lot of work for just renting but I want to rent here for a while, its just such a atmospheric place. I want to floor it first clean it all out, floor it with some sturdy plywood or wood slots, hook up a socket in there (might need some research for that one), and just renovate it a bit. What do you say?

--------------------

Heaven - the great big rave in the sky.

Edited by Dephect (10/18/09 10:06 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefatso
Male User Gallery

Loc: LA Flag
Re: New grow room in the works. [Re: Dephect]
    #11273435 - 10/18/09 10:13 PM (8 years, 6 days ago)

nice. that will be a sick grow room! 

how tall is it? looks a lil short. 

--------------------

My old Papaver Somniferums var. Gigantum and my Passion Flower...

Edited by fatso (10/18/09 10:14 PM)

InvisibleDephect
New Life
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: New grow room in the works. [Re: fatso]
    #11273592 - 10/18/09 10:38 PM (8 years, 6 days ago)

Ill give you estimated dimensions, from the floor to the tip of the triangle I can stand up perfectly straight so at that point its about 6'3"+ I also estimate it to be 20'-30' from one side to the other, I am still a little leery of stepping in some places which is why I want to get the floor down pronto.

--------------------

InvisiblePoC
Relax
Male User Gallery

#11274996 - 10/19/09 01:51 AM (8 years, 6 days ago)

While it looks like a nicely hidden spot, I have to say noise could be a security issue if it is directly over your neighbor's.  Having a fan running for your tent(s) and the sounds of you going up there every day or two may raise suspicion.  I would think it's a bit strange if I heard footsteps above me from the storage space.

That being said, I have grown plants in an attic space almost just like that (except it had even less secure flooring and was in a free-standing house).  A great thing about attics is that since nobody goes up there, you can drill holes wherever for mounting things and building rooms.  Attics are great for winters, too, since the heat of the house will rise, but in the summers they can get hot.  Good luck with it :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleMycOhunter

Re: New grow room in the works. [Re: PoC]
    #11275007 - 10/19/09 01:54 AM (8 years, 6 days ago)

I have a shit load of bats in my attic, seriously.  :batman:

But what type of ventilation are you going to be using? Your going to need it since that place is going to get hot as hell.

--------------------
True Community:  The process of deep respect and true listening for the needs of the other people in this community.

InvisibleFleadh
Eh No....
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ireland Flag
Re: New grow room in the works. [Re: MycOhunter]
    #11275432 - 10/19/09 03:38 AM (8 years, 6 days ago)

Ive grown in a rented attic and all was well. HOWEVER, no way would I ever grow above someone elses area or in an area open to their upstairs as noise travels big time in an attic. You may as well put up a big fucking sign to ask to be caught.

--------------------
Friendships have come and gone but I always regret the girls I didn't bang

I just dont really care what you think

InvisibleDephect
New Life
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: New grow room in the works. [Re: Fleadh]
    #11276422 - 10/19/09 12:30 PM (8 years, 5 days ago)

The other neighbor is chill, shes a semi rasta black girl and the minute I walked in the bottom hallway smelled a little skunky. The only one I have to really worry about is the one who the place is not above, his entry way is through the back, apparently he is kind of a shut in, its a rental but all of his shit is in the back yard and the garage and he has two abandoned cars taking up the other two spots. I have a feeling that is going to change though. On top of all that I am very aware of security concerns about growing in a attic with someone above you. A few things though, I told the neighbor and the landlord that I would be doing a few home improvements like cleaning out the crawl space and flooring it and lots of landscaping for the place. She all ready dismisses the noise. Another reason why I want to put nice flooring in there is so I can walk in there with bottomless slippers, which in turn will decrease the amount of noise being shot down out of the attic. Finally, the people here just don't care. Our friends, the previous tenants say that once we pay the deposit we will never see the landlord again, or the owner for that matter, they only surface when a unit becomes available.

With all that being said I can get on to the grow part

I all ready have a tent but I will need a lot more supplies, I plan on having a mother tent (1.4'x1.4'x5') and taking clones each month and putting inducing them in a flower tent, one of the main reasons I am so tent savy is because I have a brand that doesn't kill my plants and the environments are easier to control without making a big grow room that might risk everything. Right now I just need to write all my plans down and re read all the books and just start little by little. This will be my continuing log about the building of this room. First thing is first though, I need to clean that bitch out, I don't know if you could tell but that shit is dirty!

--------------------

Edited by Dephect (10/19/09 03:15 PM)

OfflineHorticulture
Mycocurious
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #11278074 - 10/19/09 05:17 PM (8 years, 5 days ago)

Man, my allergies flare up just looking at that place.  Dust mask while you're cleaning fo sho.

Only thing I have to highlight is be wary of your temperature extremes. I don't know your climate, but my attic is an inferno in the summer (~50C) and freezing in the winter (~2C).  If you're in a temperate zone, you might be fine.

--------------------
The Plant Mage Guild

InvisibleUrb
poor white trash
Male User Gallery

Loc: WhoDat Nation
Re: New grow room in the works. [Re: Horticulture]
    #11278685 - 10/19/09 07:04 PM (8 years, 5 days ago)

My major concern would be the odor. If your going to be growing in a tent , maybe you could tap into that black pvc pipe to vent?

InvisibleDephect
New Life
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: New grow room in the works. [Re: Urb]
    #11280763 - 10/19/09 11:45 PM (8 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Horticulture said:
Man, my allergies flare up just looking at that place.  Dust mask while you're cleaning fo sho.

Only thing I have to highlight is be wary of your temperature extremes. I don't know your climate, but my attic is an inferno in the summer (~50C) and freezing in the winter (~2C).  If you're in a temperate zone, you might be fine.

Yeah I have a 3M respirator that goes on when I go in there, plus some leather works gloves, shit is nasty, before I semi cleaned it there was a broken window, some plexi glass, wooden 2x4s. Not to mention all the bits and pieces of insulation everywhere, it was pretty much a mess and still is, and I am not doing this just to grow in there, I am doing this because I have a year lease and maybe some more and I don't want a hazardous storage room.

The temperatures do get pretty hot, I was thinking about getting a cooling unit for the area, and eventually when I get it all cleaned up get some oscillating fans in there. Its about to be winter so I don't really have much to worry about for now, but it is a problem I intend to fix ASAP.

Quote:

Urb said:
My major concern would be the odor. If your going to be growing in a tent , maybe you could tap into that black pvc pipe to vent?

Odor is not really a issue, like I said I will be growing in tents, which have intake and exhaust spots along with one for power cables. Ill just get some tubing from the local grow shop along with a moderate carbon air filter for the mother tent, and a heavy duty filter for the clone/flower tent. I used one of the tents in the last place I lived in and grew a few White Dwarfs without any odor coming from the tent or surrounding area. I will only be flowering about 4-6 clones at a time.

--------------------

OfflineJ.T
Condensed to a singularity
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Zealand Flag
    #11281020 - 10/20/09 12:21 AM (8 years, 5 days ago)

Looks mean brother! I'd be like a little kid again crawling up there.
I'm sure you'll keep us posted! Start a grow/build log in the logs section me-thinks.

Peace.

InvisibleDephect
New Life
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: New grow room in the works. [Re: J.T]
    #11289095 - 10/21/09 01:32 AM (8 years, 4 days ago)

Thanks for all the support and logical reasoning/constructive criticism. I don't know why they call it a crawl space when you can stand up and walk around in the middle. I will let you all know how the place is coming along, another good thing about this place is I actually have a garden to work in and clean up. I love gardening! I am going to get a leaf vacuum and suck up all the leaves and start composting, I also get a full bag of espresso grinds from SBUX every other day to add to the mix, I know I am going a little off topic but what goes good with leaves and coffee grinds? I got enough N. I'm looking for stuff to fill the P and K blanks.

--------------------

OfflinetheMallacht
Clandestine Hero

#11299489 - 10/22/09 03:13 PM (8 years, 2 days ago)

Bone Meal, Blood Meal, Bat Guano, Worm Castings....  I do my own Worm Composting... Which is fun, AND free fertilizer... They eat my shredded bank statements and our leftover vegetable table scraps... It's awesome

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden