Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegrasshoppergreen
Stranger
Answer Me This
    #1125659 - 12/09/02 04:39 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I'm curious as to what kind of people are on this site. I'm 16 (practically 17) and live a completly normal life. I'm in National Honor Society, which takes a 3.5 or better GPA to even apply. I'm on the golf team and have a very good social life. I'm the only person I know though, who's like me that trips. I've tripped around 20 times in the last two years and it hasn't changed my motivation to suceed in life and to eventually become a psyciatrist. I think I'm a good example to show that mushrooms can be a great learnign experience. i've always done them for the thinking side and love to study my mind. Let me know if there are any of you, who like myself, are full of yourself. I'm not really, I just wanted to display how my life is a good one for me. What kind of lives do all you guys live? I also used to smoke weed daily, but have given that up out of boredom. Also i've dabbled in other drugs, but nothing abused.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Answer Me This [Re: grasshoppergreen]
    #1126876 - 12/09/02 09:50 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

don't trip too often man - you won't stay "normal" for long..... you wanna be normal? wow thats really... normal of you.

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-
"uhh guys help me out we've got a normal dude on our hands whats going on here?" :tongue: :grin:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineAcursedRedDragon
Legacy ofBrutality
Loc: Opium Den
    #1127170 - 12/09/02 11:02 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I've tripped around 30times and my GPA is 1.8 :mad: but my grades were actually lower before I started doing drugs.... 

Offlinehuboldium
Re: Answer Me This [Re: AcursedRedDragon]
    #1127305 - 12/09/02 11:53 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

ive been having mushroom experiences for 3 years now, ive also been smoking pot heavily on weekends and at night for 4 years, i am still top of the honor roll, i have straight A's, all my teachers think im great, drugs havent had any negative effect on me yet, i finde that they have made me better, i have a habit of always taking on too many things, often i wont sleep for multiple days becuase im getting things done, i was always stressed out and sick because of the stress, once i started smoking pot i was able to finally relax, mushrooms helped even furthur by helping me find my place in society, in one of my first trips i saw who was really my firend, who wasn't, i saw that certain things i did were pointless and not helping, and that other things were much more important than i realized, as a result i am able to prioritize and i know my limits, i am now much happier and the quality of my life has drastically improved,

i always laugh when people start freaking out at me becuse they find out that i use drugs, strangley enough, those very same people are getting very drunk and partying every weekend, they dont see alchohol as a drug, and if they do they think of it as weak, it is not, it is quite hard on your body, kills brain cells, lowers your immune system,, and gives you hangovers, my advice to you is to try to stop the spread of misinformation and to inform them of the truth, you would have no idea of how little people actually know, they are programmed from birth to think;drugs are bad without having justification for doing it, a good approach is to ask them what they think is so bad about drugs, when they attack you with their bullshit propaganda like tch is a neurotoxin, explain to them how it is not and how it is actually good, remember to back up all your information with resources or URL's, that way they can make sure you are telling the truh

OfflineFlusH
Random person on Internet

Loc: Bizzaro World
    #1127316 - 12/09/02 11:57 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Define "Normal".  Really, I am interested. :cool: 

--------------------

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

#1127323 - 12/09/02 11:59 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

aren't you the bees knees

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Answer Me This [Re: huboldium]
    #1128954 - 12/10/02 12:54 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

huboldium, great post

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
    #1129012 - 12/10/02 01:21 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Everything you said. I was just like that:

National Honor Society
3.9861 GPA
Salutatorian of my HS
nearly 4.0 in college

I wanted to go to medical school
I am going to medical school

I used to smoke weed regularly, shrooms, kept and still keep an entire ethnobotanical garden.

I smoke kinda regularly now, still eat shrooms now and then. And still have my garden. And dabbled in other stuff

I will be a practicing certified medical doctor in less than 5 years.

I was also pretty much the only person like that i knew when i was in high school.

I came here and found others just like me, and others who weren't so well off in school but just as intelligent as myself and sometimes even more intelligent.

You're not alone.

Offlinex10
Stranger
Re: Answer Me This [Re: neuro]
    #1130006 - 12/10/02 06:54 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

im a stereotypical druggy unfortunatly..my grades have gotten a bit better tho..but im really lazy now, i forget alot of stuff, and dwell on things more it seems. I have no interest in the future and have no idea what i wanna do..it sucks. But hey thats just me :smirk: 

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: Answer Me This [Re: x10]
    #1130572 - 12/10/02 09:55 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I would argue that you would have ended up like that anyway even if you didn't do drugs..You'd probably have gotten lazy without a substance, or would have spent your time playing video games or some other stupid thing and doing that instead of work.

If I was gonna be a psychologist or something I'd do a study of kids that got low grades that did drugs and those that didn't
and try to show somehow that the kids would have gotten bad grades nonetheless even if they did or did not do drugs. But i don't have that kind of funding.

OfflineGoBlue!
Tool Rules - DBK

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
    #1130634 - 12/10/02 10:13 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I used to have low grades (2.0) until I started smoking pot (3.9).  I guess pot helped me improve my grades because I got a bit paranoid that I would amount to nothing like all the propoganda about pot smokers said.  Then I started doing shrooms.  While I was shrooming up high on a Berkeley hill overlooking the San Francisco Bay area, I suddenly got the inspiration that I was going to run a corporation someday.  Although I'm in still in school right now, I'm certain my aspirations wouldn't be nearly as "high" if it weren't for drugs!  Drugs are making me successful!  :grin:   

--------------------
:smile:  Just stating my thoughts, not trying to offend  :smile:

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
Re: Answer Me This [Re: GoBlue!]
    #1130897 - 12/11/02 12:23 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Well, my grades were always average.  Not doctor material, I can tell you that :wink:

in the last year, i've dabbled into acid a bit, done mush for awhile, and smoked pot everyday.

Drugs haven't effected me really, except for the way I view the world now.  I don't feel that to be 'normal' or to 'suceed' in life...that I need to make tons of money and go to school for a long time(or become something like a psychiatrist;) )  And anyone who thinks that they are a better person, or more 'successful' in life, because they are going to go to school for a long time and gonna make lots of money(or already do).....is a lowlife to me.  No one is bettter than someone else.

Because i feel, as long as I can find a job that supports me rather well, maybe find a long lasting girlfriend(who knows..maybe turn to wife), and keep out of trouble...and enjoy life while doing it all....than i've succeeded quite well in life.  I don't have my whole life planned out....but hopefully i can stick to those guidelines.  Cause in my eyes, in doing that, i've 'succeeded' in life...just the same as those other people.

everyone can 'suceed' in life in their own way.  doesn't have to be my way...or 'your' way. 

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

OfflineGoBlue!
Tool Rules - DBK

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
Re: Answer Me This [Re: juicemonkey]
    #1130904 - 12/11/02 12:26 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Amen brother.

I was just saying that drugs changed my perspective on life in the OPPOSITE way.  I was happy to be an average guy, and because of a mushroom trip I've changed my perspective.  But I TOTALLY agree that money has nothing to do with success, it's how happy you are in life.  :grin: 

--------------------
:smile:  Just stating my thoughts, not trying to offend  :smile:

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
Re: Answer Me This [Re: GoBlue!]
    #1130920 - 12/11/02 12:37 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

yeah thats cool man.  I wasn't really directing it at you(or anyone for that matter).  just clicked reply on the last post.

yeah man...hope you start a corperation....then you'll have even more money for drugs :wink: j/j

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

Offlinetheonyxegg
Pantheist
Loc: Midwest
Re: Answer Me This [Re: juicemonkey]
    #1132088 - 12/11/02 09:04 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Hey here's another, haha, Nation Merit Scholar, Salutorian, doing well in college, though I don't have a GPA yet, (first semester). Smoke pot, drink, do mushrooms occaisionally along with trying a couple other things. Mushrooms have given me great perspective towards what's important to me. Going to school for chemistry, and then something with pharmacy. I've developed a fascination with how so much of who we are is the chemicals in our heads, would like to research either new opiate derivatives or anti depressants.

--------------------
"Can you feel IT? It's in everything... All around you all the time."
Don't think about what's right, you already know.

Offlineaguynameddan
100%Satisfaction
Loc: the middle bristle of you...
Re: Answer Me This [Re: theonyxegg]
    #1133002 - 12/11/02 03:12 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I had always had average grades until about 10th grade and 11th my grades really started slumping then the summer before senior year I smoked pot and my grades rose to around 3.0 usually.

Iv tripped about 4 times. I like it and it hasnt wiereded me out and I pretty much back off when my grades or other shit starts to go down.... it makes shit easier to deal with when my mind can think straight.

--------------------
Take it easy, and if you can take it easy , take it twice.

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Loc: Far away and very near
    #1133085 - 12/11/02 03:41 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I am 19 years old.  I have a highly introverted personality.  I had good grades all the way up thru 9th grade.  My grades steadily declined from 10th grade all the way up thru my first senior year.  This is due to the fact that I began to smoke marijuana heavily (i actually became addicted if you can beleive it), and generally doing every drug I could get my hands on, as often as possible.  Also I was trying to conform to the standards of a group of people I did not fit into.  I've come to realize these people were doing me no good and drifted away from them.  I was kicked out of high school with only 3 months left in my senior year due to many bad decisions I made during my course of education in that school.  I was kicked out of my mom's house several times due to drug related issues and personality clashes.  I had a bad relationship with her for quite awhile.  I grew to hate the world and feel shitty whenever I wasn't high. 
      I've since moderated my drug use, drugs are no longer the only thing in my life.  I've also reconciled my relationship with my mother.  I decided to move in with my dad and finish out my high school education in another school.  I consistantly score  90s and over in all my classes(good thing I don't take math anymore :grin:  I've always been better in english subjects. I scored the highest score in the country on a national reading comprehension test in 7th grade).  I plan on going to college, I've been considering pharmacology or chemisty as my major.  Idealy I would like a P.Hd in one of these fields.  However I'm still not sure that those are the fields that  I want to go into.
    Psychedelic drugs have benefited me greatly.  They've helped to teach me many lessons in life.  Things like acceptance of myself and others, life is what you make it, and love for myself and others.  I had no religion or spirituality prior to my use of hallucionogens.  I've since discovered my personal spirituality.  I don't follow any one religion, but I take what I can use from each religion I encounter and apply it to my own spirituality.  I also applied the ideas of Leary, Mckenna, and Huxley to my philosophy.  My fellow shroomerites also inspire me spiritualy/philisophicly.

I probally went a little to far with this reply.  Oh well, I can be a long winded bastard. :grin:

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

Offlineleafblowerz
Shroom mumbler
    #1133351 - 12/11/02 05:33 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I smoke pot right before I perform brain surgery on people.

Leaf

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
    #1133954 - 12/12/02 12:59 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

I'm in law school and finished last year (1st year) with preety good results.
I smoke pot on the weekends and sometimes during the week before going to bed.
I eat shrooms, acid, E once in a while...

However i came close to not fulfilling my objectives (entering public law school) a couple years ago, when i was in high school.
It was when i started smoking cannabis. As i smoked all day everyday it kinda made me lose interest in everything: school, family, girls, my future life, etc...
This happened because i abused it and was too young to be smoking pot the way i did...Had to quit for sometime and learn how to use it responsibly.

But i have some friends who have fucked up their lives (IMO) because of drugs, especially weed. They are inteligent people that at some stage quit school because working and having $ for lots of pot was so much better.
Now they have shitty jobs, don't do much besides smoking pot and watching TV and playing PC games, and are completely void of higher objectives in life.
Sometimes they are even too lazy to get up and go somewhere fun to eat some shrooms or acid.

Of course they don't attribute it to pot and i don't talk to them much about this b/c they simply can't see it. Or at least pretend they can't.

So i guess the key is moderation and responsability. And trying to analise which direction is your life taking and if you want it or not to follow that same direction.

Offlineleafblowerz
Shroom mumbler
Re: Answer Me This [Re: esin]
    #1134003 - 12/12/02 02:06 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah it's all the pot's fault, huh lawyer weasel to be? Could it be that your friends are lazy fucks? Or maybe they're just happy not being hot shots like yourself.

Leaf

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds