Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleOlympus Mons
esprit de l'univers

Loc: ∞
So, what's happening to us?
    #11270486 - 10/18/09 10:22 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ive been paying attention to the 2008/2009/2010 web bot predictions, so far it's been pretty accurate in regards to the current swine flu situation and the shortages of vaccines. It also predicts a significant event involving the current downfall of the US dollar. The predictions that are being made are pretty grim. It's kind of got me thinking about the importance of the time we're living in, and then my friend recommended i watch the movie Knowing.It's a sci fi apocalyptic thriller, starring nicholas cage. i hate him as an actor but i gave it a shot. Lot's of action blah blah blah but the ending is what caught my attention it ends with*SPOILERTwo children being rescued from a doomed earth by angel-esqu E.T's who later drop them off on an eden type planet with a tree that is a lot like the tree of life. This movie is one of a few that have already been released dealing with this theme, im sure there will be more up until the year 2012 passes. I googled the ending just to see others opinions on this movie and came across this comment.

Originally Posted by Hermit 
Thanks for the postings folks.

A little thread drift here but still related to movies. If any of you have DVRs, try to google zombies and you will see a bunch of zombie themed end of the world movies. Even games for PS3 and Xbox. If there is any predictive programming in these, we are in big trouble ahead.

I also wonder why is it is there are plenty of Armageddon, apocalypse and end of the world scenarios in Discovery, History and TLC channels and at the same time survival related shows like Man Vs Wild and and Survivorman? Are they sending a message and telling people there is a way to survive?

Makes you wonder.

It most certainly does make you wonder, considering the manner in which the web bot project operates http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_Bot

why are all these survival and apocalypse shows being produced in such large numbers as we draw closer to these years that are being called the end times? If this computer program can somehow predict the future using our own thoughts, would it be wise for us to pay attention to the ideas that manage to become shows that could  potentially save our lives?

*i tried to link to the movie but the fuckin internet enrages me.

--------------------
I close my eyes and seize it
I clench my fists and beat it
I light my torch and burn it
I am the beast I worship....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Loc: The Astral Realm
Re: So, what's happening to us? [Re: Olympus Mons]
    #11271286 - 10/18/09 01:13 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

There is definitely  a lot of negativity in all forms of media pointing to a post-apocalyptic world, chaos, destruction and what not. 

I can't be scared anymore about these negative predictions. It's like losing the fear of death almost. I have such confidence in my own immortality that I'm going to treat it all like a game. Smile and go through the motions. 

I think good will come from the crash of the American economy. The very foundation of the system is so ridden with flaws and corruption we need it to come crashing down so we can rebuild a new, sustainable and just system. I've heard good ideas of basing/backing money on food.

IMO, You really just have to look at all this negativity as birth pains.

OfflineLinus
Chief Bromden
 User Gallery

Loc: Cripple Creek
Re: So, what's happening to us? [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #11271322 - 10/18/09 01:20 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Once in awhile you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if ya look at it right.

--------------------
I've done a lot of drugs in the past, I still do.

Abracadabra

InvisibleOlympus Mons
esprit de l'univers

#11272560 - 10/18/09 05:24 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:
There is definitely  a lot of negativity in all forms of media pointing to a post-apocalyptic world, chaos, destruction and what not. 

I can't be scared anymore about these negative predictions. It's like losing the fear of death almost. I have such confidence in my own immortality that I'm going to treat it all like a game. Smile and go through the motions. 

I think good will come from the crash of the American economy. The very foundation of the system is so ridden with flaws and corruption we need it to come crashing down so we can rebuild a new, sustainable and just system. I've heard good ideas of basing/backing money on food.

i dont even consider it positive or negative. I know that im positive and that's what's important. I find this world in these times very fascinating. It's definitely an exciting time to be alive. My real question was if you think that these are being made subconsciously in preparation?

--------------------

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
    #11272573 - 10/18/09 05:25 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yea I think so. It's almost like the collective mind of humanity is bringing them to the surface.

InvisibleOlympus Mons
esprit de l'univers

#11272612 - 10/18/09 05:33 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i almost feel like ive been in training for a time that i will have to utilize certain skills and practice what ive been preaching.

--------------------

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

#11272669 - 10/18/09 05:45 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:

You wont be smiling if you have nothing to eat in an over populated survive or die type landscape I can assure you. Think you'd be smiling in some of the poorer areas of africa? If there is a true crash it will be long and hard.

--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Re: So, what's happening to us? [Re: Grapefruit]
    #11273041 - 10/18/09 06:55 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I die, I die. No one can predict the future. Either you approach it with a smile or a frown. :smile:

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

#11274074 - 10/18/09 09:41 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I really hadn't noticed anything new in this regard.
Viral doom is just the new form of "how could it all end?"
But people have been trying to answer and then pretending to know the answer for a loooonnggg time.
See any story of the apocalypse. 

P.S. Sometimes they are right. Discussions of doomsday prophecies in the Bible when linked to history can show just why someone felt and predicted impending doom. Sometimes a culture war, sometimes an exodus, sometimes a revolution.

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #11275398 - 10/19/09 01:25 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

The Earth is grossly overpopulated. The Earth cannot sustain our existence at the rate of our current consumption in this model of civilization we have.
6 billion+ people trashing the planet and each other.

The population is inevitably going to be reduced drastically, either unnaturally or naturally, but it's got to happen.

We're going to learn to live in harmony with the planet. One way or another. This is evolution on a grand scale.

--------------------

InvisibleOlympus Mons
esprit de l'univers

Re: So, what's happening to us? [Re: Shroomism]
    #11275828 - 10/19/09 07:02 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

it's amazing how minuscule we are in the grand scheme of things.

--------------------

Offlineivander
Paragon of Animal
Male

#11276008 - 10/19/09 08:10 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

It is not amazing, it is just the way it is.

--------------------
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Nietzsche

I've never faked a sarcasm in my life. True story.

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: So, what's happening to us? [Re: ivander]
    #11276566 - 10/19/09 11:05 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ivander said:
It is not amazing, it is just the way it is.

How do you suppose that THIS is not amazing?

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Re: So, what's happening to us? [Re: Ginseng1]
    #11276600 - 10/19/09 11:14 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

We've all become jaded. :stoned:

It all really is amazing if you think about. Just think of the psychedelic experience. Why do certain mushrooms do this to human consciousness rather than not?

:mushroom2: :etjesus: :mushroom2:

A lot of "accidents" going on. Why does water form a certain geometry in its solid state, allowing for ice to float, supporting the aquatic life on our planet?

Jaded, yep.

Offlineivander
Paragon of Animal
Male

Re: So, what's happening to us? [Re: Ginseng1]
    #11276680 - 10/19/09 11:32 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I have watched many videos like that. Maybe i thought it was amazing the first time i have done so. Not now.
But, let's consider this. Alone in our galaxy, there is (estimated) 100-400 billion stars. And unknown number of galaxy and so on and on...

So why would I consider something that is normal and natural, to be amazing? Even if it is unfathomable to my mind and ego.

--------------------
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Nietzsche

I've never faked a sarcasm in my life. True story.

InvisibleOlympus Mons
esprit de l'univers

Re: So, what's happening to us? [Re: ivander]
    #11277016 - 10/19/09 12:25 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

It's not normal, i think life sustaining planets(how ever many there may be) are nothing short of a miracle considering how exact everything has to be in order for us or life in general to thrive. How delicate and fragile our entire existence on this planet is, we could be killed by even the most common of events in our universe, if things on this planet change in the slightest bit we all feel it. We're not even in control of the changes for the most part, now that is an amazing existence.

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: So, what's happening to us? [Re: Shroomism]
    #11277527 - 10/19/09 01:44 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
The Earth is grossly overpopulated.

By what? Humans?:strokebeard:

Quote:

Shroomism said:
The Earth cannot sustain our existence at the rate of our current consumption in this model of civilization we have.

Do you think this is for sure?

Quote:

Shroomism said:
6 billion+ people trashing the planet and each other.

All of nature does this, it's not just humans.

Quote:

Shroomism said:
The population is inevitably going to be reduced drastically, either unnaturally or naturally, but it's got to happen.

What makes you believe this? :confused:

Quote:

Shroomism said:
We're going to learn to live in harmony with the planet.

Hopefully, anyways...

Quote:

Shroomism said:
One way or another. This is evolution on a grand scale.

What is evolution on a grand scale? :confused:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

InvisibleOlympus Mons
esprit de l'univers

Re: So, what's happening to us? [Re: Poid]
    #11277563 - 10/19/09 01:51 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

there is nothing in nature that pollutes the environment.

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
    #11277633 - 10/19/09 02:02 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Olympus Mons said:
there is nothing in nature that pollutes the environment.

:rofl2:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Re: So, what's happening to us? [Re: Poid]
    #11277666 - 10/19/09 02:09 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Animal crap is biodegradable and adds nutrients to the soil. Yes, a certain amount of methane enters the atmosphere, but this isn't near the negative effect of CFCs and similiar (man made) chemicals. Us humans need to get back in the circle.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract