Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
Here are some Lobster mushrooms we found today up the CRG. I have read some confusing things about lobsters and how they can be dangerous to eat if they take over a poisonous mushroom. We found Russula in the area but also found some we didn't know the I.D. as well. Anyone know for sure if these would be OK to eat? Any rules of thumb to follow when finding Lobsters to eat?
Thanks Rock, we will be cooking 'em tonight. There was some Lactarius in the area about 1/4 mile above where we found the Lobsters, but none right where we found the Lobs. We also found hundreds of little mushrooms with really long skinny stems, we will post those in a different post though.