Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinestonerr
Stranger
Male

physical or mental?
    #11272135 - 10/18/09 04:02 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Is racing heart, heart beating out of you chest, something that marijuana does to some peoples bodys, or is it all mental and in theyre heads? what is a way to stop your heart beating out of your chest. low dose? or xanax? or could good old meditation solve the problem?

Edited by stonerr (10/18/09 04:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: physical or mental? [Re: stonerr]
    #11272153 - 10/18/09 04:07 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

well of course the easy answer is that its both physical and mental, as those things each affect eachother..

if you think its nothing serious, i bet you can slow it down a bit by controlling your breathing, but if that consistently happens i don't really see the point in continuing to smoke. cut it down some, or a lot..

xanax would do the trick, but its not a good thing to rely on.. by the time it kicked in, the feeling probably would've passed anyway

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #11272154 - 10/18/09 04:07 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Physical and Mental are interconnected.  Your brain is physical, yet it house your fourth dimension, ma'an.  The MENTAL.

Just sayin'.

:todcasil:

Why are you asking though, I could give you a real answer if I knew that question.

:heart:

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineJair
Smeghead
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast
    #11272165 - 10/18/09 04:08 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

stonerr said:
Is racing heart, heart beating out of you chest, something that marijuana does to some peoples bodys, or is it all mental and in theyre heads? what is a way to stop your heart beating out of your chest. low dose? or xanax? or could good old meditation solve the problem?

Sometimes I can't donate plasma when I'm really high because my heartrate is way off.  Sometimes it's below what they require, and sometimes it's above, depending on the type of weed I smoked.  I try my damndest to moderate my heartrate before they check it too, it's probably a lot of both.

--------------------

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: physical or mental? [Re: Todcasil]
    #11272170 - 10/18/09 04:09 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

:thumbup: :awesome: :highfive:

Offlinestonerr
Stranger
Male
Re: physical or mental? [Re: Jair]
    #11272185 - 10/18/09 04:11 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

well i smoked a joint once, and it made my heart jump out of my chest. it was beating like crazy! i tried to calm down. i took a shower and everything, it eventually slowd down and i fell asleep. i didnt even get a high feeling. and i dont know wether it was the bud or what.

OfflineSnape
Eternal Chaos
Male

Loc: Montreal, Quebec
    #11272222 - 10/18/09 04:19 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Marijuana is known to accelerate your heartbeat a bit, so I guess you have nothing to worry about. I often have this happen to me after smoking a joint, taking deep deep breaths help a lot.

My bro thought he was dying when he first smoked pot, and 5 minutes later he was sleeping like a baby!

--------------------
I'm floating in the sea of stars,
I'm drifting away from the shore
I will be lost in the dream when the dark days come
But I will make the time run backwards and
I'll make the stars shine again

Invisiblepwnasaurus
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #11272229 - 10/18/09 04:19 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Best solution: get a vape

I am a very non-anxious person.  I never get stressed out and I never have panic attacks.  Still to this day, even with a tolerance, if I bong enough weed fast enough, I will get a terrible body load.

It is a super uncomfortable feeling, and I sometimes have uncontrollable muscle spasms.  I haven't had this happen in a long time.

I can get waaaay higher with a vape than with a bong, but not get that super uncomfortable body load I get when I'm too high with the bong.  The high just feels a lot cleaner, and less paranoid and edgy.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

#11272246 - 10/18/09 04:21 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well...  A short answer is this: 

You don't need to smoke a whole joint to get the good effects of MJ.  Really, I only need a couple of hits and I'm DANDY like Kim Deal. 

You could also subscribe to the idea that MJ is psychedelic, and try to adjust your set and setting accordingly.

I stole this from our very own Experiencing Mushrooms portion of the website, The Psychedelic Experience Forum provided that link, and many more that could apply to chilling out while on a psychotropic, like MJ, yo. (Direct Link., The Psychedelic Experience Must Reads

"The key to good first trips is set and setting. Don’t plan on going out while tripping the first time, that would be very stressful. Plan to stay in, rent an IMAX DVD if you get a chance, they are excellent. Plan on listening to music, it’s amazing (Blue Man Group blows my mind). Just enjoy the experience in a very low stress environment. Having a couple of other people tripping with you is cool, but know them well.**"
Just Sayin'

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

#11272260 - 10/18/09 04:24 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

stonerr said:
well i smoked a joint once, and it made my heart jump out of my chest. it was beating like crazy! i tried to calm down. i took a shower and everything, it eventually slowd down and i fell asleep. i didnt even get a high feeling. and i dont know wether it was the bud or what.

Also, be aware that smoking MJ  will make you a lot more aware of whats going on inside your own body, if you pay attention :wink:

I've accidentally paid attention to much once and freaked out thinking I would never be able to sit up from the lotus position once!  I thought that my spine was just to straight and rigid (which, of course, it was at the time)  and I'd be stuck in Lotus FOR_EVER!!

Which in hindsight might not be that bad.

--------------------
GODDESSES
GODS.

~Casil

Offlinestonerr
Stranger
Male

Re: physical or mental? [Re: Todcasil]
    #11272264 - 10/18/09 04:25 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

ah, well i did do it in a very non comfertable enviroment.

Invisibleshadyy
aHhahhHA
 User Gallery

Loc: winchestertonfieldville i...
    #11272279 - 10/18/09 04:27 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

what does "my heart jumped out of my chest" mean exactly?

--------------------

ga ga ga eets eets how you gone be mad on vacation?
MONICA COULDN'T TELL TIME UNTIL SHE WAS 13

Offlineclaraclairvoyant
well oiled machine
 User Gallery

#11272280 - 10/18/09 04:27 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

It's not very abnormal, but maybe smoke smaller amounts at a time to avoid it. Also if you're toking on a bowl, space out your hits, no reason to smoke it all at once! When your heart starts pounding you need to focus on your breathing, breathe in deeply and exhale as much as possible, repeat.

--------------------

Offlinestonerr
Stranger
Male

Re: physical or mental? [Re: claraclairvoyant]
    #11272299 - 10/18/09 04:32 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

claraclairvoyant said:
It's not very abnormal, but maybe smoke smaller amounts at a time to avoid it. Also if you're toking on a bowl, space out your hits, no reason to smoke it all at once! When your heart starts pounding you need to focus on your breathing, breathe in deeply and exhale as much as possible, repeat.

sounds good

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract