Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinejonnyjonjonjon
CrackBadger
 User Gallery

Loc: The Pharm
Mind Herding
    #11269886 - 10/18/09 08:39 AM (8 years, 7 days ago)

Its strange how nearly everybody accepts the concept of mind control being omnipresent yet not all too many people seem to question their own "human" logic and ponder the implications of conceptualizing the reality they find themselves in using this logic. I suppose its very hard for people to drop logic that they've had their whole lives and its hard for them to spot the implications of living with that logic since they know no other ways of living. For example I'm immune to anxiety and depression. My whole life I just thought it was bullshit that happens to overly dramatic people which I was not one of. Am I just lucky or is it I'm immune to anxiety and depression because its not a part of my concept of reality?

Lucky for me I've had lucid dreams since I was a kid so I've had plenty of times to experiment with logic in a world constructed and maintained entirely by logic. Dreams seem to be like some kind of logic bound random generator of environments we perceive ourselves to be in. You know when your in a dream and you suddenly become lucid the whole environment and setting of the dream changes as you revert to using your human every day logic. Thats a highly profound observation to make in my opinion because you get to observe the implications of not only operating under that bizarre dream logic but also the implications of holding your everyday worldly logic at the same time. A rapid shift in your logic occurs and an equally rapid shift in your perceived reality occurs.

There are a wide range of inconsistencies that can be easily spotted in modern logic. For one the idea that we are at the mercy of sensations such as hunger. Hunger is just electrical signals in the CNS. I can nullify hunger signals. All I do is ignore it and at some point I stop feeling that aggitating sensation in my stomach. Physical pain I haven't managed to nullify that one yet. Unlike hunger though I've got to feel illusory pain in lucid dreams so I've observed how it is indistinguishable from real nociceptive pain. After all in both cases its just electrical transmissions in the CNS.

What I'm wondering is if schizophrenics are actually like mad cows making their way out of the field. Farmers set up electrical fences as a method of negative stimuli conditioning in hopes of programming the cows mind to avoid approaching the fence in the future. Lets say the cows mad and cannot be conditioned like that and cannot be swayed by pain. Its not beyond the realms of possibility that a cow like this might make its way through the fence. Unfortunately in this scenario there aren't too many positive outcomes for the cow but at the very least it may get a taste of the grass beyond the field and will die a cow that could not be herded.

Maybe the specific details of the beliefs one chooses to plant in their minds are irrelevant since there is not just one way out of the field, the cow can take any direction all that matters is it goes beyond the fence. For example lets say I choose to believe the worlds actually run by magical evil subterranean leprechauns. Logic would have one believe that believing that won't make it a reality but how sure are we about that? Maybe reality transforms itself to coincide with our beliefs just like it does in dreams? Maybe there is no buffer preventing us from interacting with schizophrenics who live in another world because they live simply because they were intended to be part of the herd too but they're too mad to be part of the herd and pose a threat to the farmers because if one cow breaks through the fence other cows may follow.

Many schizophrenics are menaced by their hallucinations. Can't help but wonder if theres an external influence behind those menacing hallucinations. The most common methods farmers use to keep livestock self contained are fear tactics (loud noises, sheep dogs) and negative stimuli conditioning (electric fences, cattle prods etc.). The animals wouldn't comprehend whats behind these menacing encounters they'd just hear the noises or see the dogs coming at them. For all the cow knows its environment is perfectly natural and would be oblivious to the fact that it has been placed into the confined reality it finds itself in by a clearly not so advanced conscious entity/group of entities.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAhimsa
Male

Re: Mind Herding [Re: jonnyjonjonjon]
    #11269917 - 10/18/09 09:19 AM (8 years, 7 days ago)

i wish to add that when people become overpopulated then governments tend to increase lawful restrictions and reduce personal liberties. See, the more people the harder it gets to keep them going in a controlled manner.

Our present day world is the result of social evolution. That we have to be herded is an indication that there really is no profound communication amongst people. For if people had real meaningful communications then they could eventually govern themselves.

Where i live many people are very individualistic and egocentric. There is a great conformity arising, everyone thinks, talks and acts the same. There is no real diversity of perspectives, and any outsider is looked upon. They are afraid from those who are different because they see someone whom they can't classify, can't place within their framework.

As the outsider there is no need for schizophrenia since he/she knows to be a free thinking person only under the oppression of a dumb, scared and unsure mob.

Offlinejonnyjonjonjon
CrackBadger
 User Gallery

Loc: The Pharm
Re: Mind Herding [Re: Ahimsa]
    #11270012 - 10/18/09 10:08 AM (8 years, 7 days ago)

Very true. The US, Russia and China have a large percentage of the worlds population and these 3 countries seem to impose a near endless array of laws and restrictions on their population. Are you Jamaican? There may be forces influencing the "evolution" of society. For example the goal of the early Christianity advocates was to instill fear and hatred towards people of other religions (pagans). Over a thousand years later theres still no shortage of religious intolerance. Many people are only a certain religion because they were born into it so a change in societal beliefs can have a long lasting influence on society.

As for schizophrenia there is a difference between knowing something is possible and having experienced it. Often what we think we believe we don't truly believe until we experience it. A hallucination may be taken as real by the observer and that has the same impact on logic as actually perceiving it. Society provides plenty of anchors though. We've all heard statements like "its just a dream", "its just a hallucination", "you were on drugs" many times. These statements seem to provoke people to disregard the very real observations that can be made while in altered states of consciousness.

--------------------
Mother goose said to the swan "Is that PCP your cooking?" and the swan replied "Yes, yes it is.

Edited by jonnyjonjonjon (10/18/09 10:09 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology