Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblewhatdidusay
Travelin Raver
Male

The Stoner Look
    #11267063 - 10/17/09 05:53 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

So who else remembers the part in their life where they slowly acquired, and possibly unconsciously, that infamous "stoner look"?

i remember myself....it happened almost on a subconscious level. i didnt even realize it. i went from being this emo/hardcore raver kid decked out in 300$ phatts and twice that much in other raver wear/ emo hairstyles and stuff....and it all just slowly left me. first i quit shuffling in my free time and saved it for the raves only...then i stopped wearing the phatts....my hair was forced to disapear by when i was in the military (an 8 month period between me and this progression) ....the military pretty much took any identity i had and shitted in down the drain...so when i got out i returned with nothing. then i started smoking weed again...and since i had no way of getting home i just started this whole new lifestyle i have now, which is hitchhiking and hobo'n. yes i ride the rails and get free rides to travel around. to this day. i meen eventually the whole treehugger nature freak took over and i quit worrying about appearance, the whole long unkept hair and beard thing, the long ass fluffy green and brown dreads..........

i dunno...i eventualyl realized i needed a lil style in my life but everywhere i fo ppl always talk about that one "hippy raver dude...the crazy dude that wanders all over the world goin to watever rave or gathering there is... lol thats me.

what about u guys?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

Re: The Stoner Look [Re: whatdidusay]
    #11267099 - 10/17/09 05:59 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I'm a dude with hair half way down my back. I origionally grew it out at 14 in the name of heavy metal, but kept it throughout my life because I felt it fit me and it became a pafrt of my identity.

Many people assume I smoke weed, and randoms often walk up out of nowhere and ask for weed/offer to share a joint whatever- and I think that's because of my hair/appearance. Although my appearance isn't the result of smokeing weed, if that's what you were asking...

OfflineMedulaOblangata
Stranger
    #11267113 - 10/17/09 06:02 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

When I would chill with friends and just throw on some gym shorts, an old destroyed pair of vans, a band tee and a bandana lol.

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Re: The Stoner Look [Re: MedulaOblangata]
    #11267127 - 10/17/09 06:04 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not totally classic "stoner" but I pretty much just have that look about me.  I've always been like that, even before I smoked I had long hair and wore band t-shirts so who knows.

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Offlineaj123
smot poking
Male

Loc: Easter island Flag
Re: The Stoner Look [Re: g00ru]
    #11267175 - 10/17/09 06:14 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

The majority of people are surprised i even smoke when i tell them, however i put no effort into my appearance what so ever.
Too stoned to even attempt clothes shopping half the time, Ive tried many a time I'm far to indecisive!

So its just old tees and jeans, guess the stoner look takes this to the next level..

--------------------

OfflineCaptainTrips
What better time than now?
Male

Re: The Stoner Look [Re: aj123]
    #11267284 - 10/17/09 06:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Haha well, I used to be a mad metal head, but I've always had a shaggy massive jew-fro, so that helps.  It all happened once Dark Side of the moon appeared in my CD player.  It was like instant.  Down went the Lamb of God posters, up went the floyd, hendrix, and shroom clack light posters.  Then I went to my first music festival, and game back jacked out in crazy african beads and stuff, and thus the Stoner me emerged in physical appearance. 

People always would assume I was a stoner though...it's just who I am.  :laugh:

--------------------
|| All that is now, all that is gone, all that's to come, and everything under the sun is in tune; the sun is eclipsed by the moon ||

Edited by CaptainTrips (10/17/09 06:37 PM)

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: The Stoner Look [Re: CaptainTrips]
    #11267675 - 10/17/09 07:45 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

over the last year mostly

i keep everything extremely clean,

but i only shower if I have shit to do - and only wear nice clothes or shoes when i have .. shit to do,.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

OfflineSS32
Stranger

Loc: elsewhere
Re: The Stoner Look [Re: pfxtc]
    #11268336 - 10/17/09 09:54 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

You would ever know looking at me. One of my friends was shocked and a little angry when she found out I smoked, although I just recently told her I enjoy mushrooms and she didn't seem too concerned, go figure.  I don't have long hair and  I like to stay clean shaven most of the time (mostly due to the fact that my facial hair is disgusting when It grows).  I dress somewhat nice, but I'm always comfortable; I hate shoes and 99% of the time wear sandles or no shoes if I can get away with it. I also hate pants and will wear shorts if at all possible.  I feel it has a lot more to do with my state of mind as opposed my appearance.  If you saw my collection of music,  movies, and books, it's pretty obvious.

I've always seen people who are tied up in what others think and concerned about the latest trend as somewhat weak minded.  Having the confidence to do/act/dress/etc. as you want is key to staying happy. If you don't agree with what I'm about then don't hang out with me, it's pretty simple. If your happiness is dependant upon someone else's opinion then you'll never truly be happy.  While society doesn't promote that kind of thinking, my 'stoner' friends and I are happier than just about anyone else I know.

--------------------
Did he dream about dragons? Did he dream about deer? Did he whisper  he names of friends who were near?
What songs did they play, and how far away? Why did he whisper, why did she scream?
What does the sound of a screen door mean?
Who talks on the hill? Who goes to the cellar, can you feel the chill? Where does the river, when will the wind?
How far are the mountains? Where do they end? Why would the church?
Did the service begin? Tell me who died, and tell me who cried.
Help me hide in the skin of a deer, my zippered-up bag in the mouth of a stag so swiftly I go through rows of does,
it flows, it flows, it flows, it flows all over the hill where the green grass grows.

Offlinemudnpool
young old timer

Re: The Stoner Look [Re: SS32]
    #11268348 - 10/17/09 09:56 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

JUst decided to stoop shaving and cutting my hair 2 weeks ago.

--------------------
The wolf is with in me

Invisiblewhatdidusay
Travelin Raver
Male

Re: The Stoner Look [Re: mudnpool]
    #11268359 - 10/17/09 09:59 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mudnpool said:
JUst decided to stoop shaving and cutting my hair 2 weeks ago.

i havent shave din like......half a year...lol. pretty mangy.

and @ SS32, i agree man...if ur happiness depends on what the rest of the world thinks..ur screwed. lol.

my happiness depends on how much im with nature. :laugh: i love nature. :laugh:

--------------------

Offlinemudnpool
young old timer

#11268379 - 10/17/09 10:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

my happiness depends on how much im with nature. :laugh: i love nature. :laugh:

ditto

--------------------
The wolf is with in me

OfflineSummerDaisies
Out of Retirement
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rocky Mountain High Or at...
Re: The Stoner Look [Re: mudnpool]
    #11268448 - 10/17/09 10:15 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i havent cut my hair at all on over 3 years

--------------------
[quote]Abuse said:
summerfaggot is one of the biggest cunts on this site.[/quote]

Offlinemockingbird
It Goes Round And Round

Loc: 0high0 Flag
Re: The Stoner Look [Re: SummerDaisies]
    #11268534 - 10/17/09 10:30 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

everyone i meet thinks instantly that i can get and that i smoke alot of weed.  and the part that sucks is they are totally right.:facepalm:  to be honest i wish i could just walk somewhere without people instantly thinking i smoke.  I mean this job i have didnt take more than 3 hours into my first shift until someone asked me to get them bud.

--------------------

OfflineGreenMachine
The Magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: A peninsula
Re: The Stoner Look [Re: SummerDaisies]
    #11268561 - 10/17/09 10:37 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

If i dont shave, my peach fuzz gets really long. The longest I had it was about a half inch and it took two months.  I cant really grow a beard since my facial hair is so fine. But I do have a lot of dark hairs in the mix. The ratio os about 82/18 Light to Dark. I am not a twelve year old boy either, I am 23 next month

But I have always dreamed of not  shaving for years and years, maybe till Im like 40, then my beard would be long as hell, but also super white with a few pepper marks.

I would twist it up into a pencil width beard, I would look like a kung fu master, but caucasian

Some body needs to take the "stoner look" to a whole new level and dread lock their beard

--------------------
Look behind you, do you see it?:unbelievable:

Edited by GreenMachine (10/17/09 11:51 PM)

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: The Stoner Look [Re: GreenMachine]
    #11268920 - 10/17/09 11:46 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Even before I started smoking my eyes have always been kind of dark and sunken in. So everyone thinks I smoked regardless of wether I did or didn't.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #11268933 - 10/17/09 11:49 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I got mistaken for a stoner long before I ever sparked up.
That's even how I got started, through a series of misunderstandings which ended up in me acquiring free pot.
I look like a cross between Jesus, Charles Manson, John Lennon and a young Chong.

InvisibleFlop Johnson
Praise Skatballah
Male

Loc: TX
    #11268941 - 10/17/09 11:50 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I don't look like I do drugs at all. In fact, frequently people are hesitant to smoke weed around me because they think I'm a square. Mostly this is because I wear nice clothes to work and don't bother changing when I'm off. I prefer this appearance because no one suspects me of growing mushrooms :cool:

OfflineRevolutionine
number9..number9..num
Male

Loc: Everywhere
Re: The Stoner Look [Re: Enjoywho]
    #11268971 - 10/17/09 11:56 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Most people say I look like a hippie. Around three years ago now I began to grow my hair out, I grew it for like 6 months and got it cut really short. Then I grew it out about 9 months and cut it again really short. Now I havent cut it in about a year and a half and its dangling past my shoulders. I love being a longhair because its fucking sweet and it also makes oyu look like a weedssmoker... which i am :smile:. I also really dont like to shave so I try to oshave about once a month and then grow it for a month. I also wear a stoner type necklace. i think most people guess i smoke just by looking at me :bigblunt:

--------------------
All I ever wanted was to be free,

and in the end that's how it turned out to be...

Invisiblewhatdidusay
Travelin Raver
Male

Re: The Stoner Look [Re: Revolutionine]
    #11269057 - 10/18/09 12:18 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Revolutionine said:
Most people say I look like a hippie. Around three years ago now I began to grow my hair out, I grew it for like 6 months and got it cut really short. Then I grew it out about 9 months and cut it again really short. Now I havent cut it in about a year and a half and its dangling past my shoulders. I love being a longhair because its fucking sweet and it also makes oyu look like a weedssmoker... which i am :smile:. I also really dont like to shave so I try to oshave about once a month and then grow it for a month. I also wear a stoner type necklace. i think most people guess i smoke just by looking at me :bigblunt:

hell yea duude. sounds like me, i got these bangin green and brown fluffy long ass dreads u should see. haha..

--------------------

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

#11269604 - 10/18/09 03:29 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

whatdidusay said:
So who else remembers the part in their life where they slowly acquired, and possibly unconsciously, that infamous "stoner look"?

i remember myself....it happened almost on a subconscious level. i didnt even realize it. i went from being this emo/hardcore raver kid decked out in 300$ phatts and twice that much in other raver wear/ emo hairstyles and stuff....and it all just slowly left me. first i quit shuffling in my free time and saved it for the raves only...then i stopped wearing the phatts....my hair was forced to disapear by when i was in the military (an 8 month period between me and this progression) ....the military pretty much took any identity i had and shitted in down the drain...so when i got out i returned with nothing. then i started smoking weed again...and since i had no way of getting home i just started this whole new lifestyle i have now, which is hitchhiking and hobo'n. yes i ride the rails and get free rides to travel around. to this day. i meen eventually the whole treehugger nature freak took over and i quit worrying about appearance, the whole long unkept hair and beard thing, the long ass fluffy green and brown dreads..........

i dunno...i eventualyl realized i needed a lil style in my life but everywhere i fo ppl always talk about that one "hippy raver dude...the crazy dude that wanders all over the world goin to watever rave or gathering there is... lol thats me.

what about u guys?

I find it interesting how you say that the military killed any personality or whatever you had. I mean I can't say I'm surprised really, but still, hearing it from the horses mouth like that just reaffirms it.

I guess you see a lot of vietnam vets and whatnot shattered with addictions or complete lifestyle armageddons from the never ending assault on their minds of trauma and whatnot.

Not saying that your current way of life is anything bad. I think it's great that you wander around hitting trainlines and shit, I've always wanted to do that for a very long time (it's actually always been on the top of my "to do list") and I think you'd get some pretty cool lifestyle experiences from that.

When I used to smoke pot a lot back in high school and college the stoner look sort of just drapes over you without much weight, a lot of the time I've seen it as an effort to look like it or anything, not like the kind of attention and preening that goes into being a goth or an emo or crazy hippie or anything, the stoner look just kind of automatically falls upon you. Suddenly your clothes begin looking a bit duller shades, darker greens, browns, beanies, fiddly shit on your wrists, looser shirts, whatever. Whatever is comfortable and perhaps a little earthy perhaps, who knows.

I don't really dress like anything these days, I guess all that sense of massive personality exertion and constant grooming sort of died in the ass a long time ago.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract