Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFrequenze
Disbeliever

Loc: Inner Ring/Seventh Circle
Cheap stir plate ebay
    #11266099 - 10/17/09 02:41 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Found this stir plate on ebay just now. The guy makes these himself and sells for $38 buy it now or bids. He has 100% feedback and many of his sales are this product. These things are usually balls expensive, even if you diy the supplies and time cost you. Plus, I understand its a pain in the nuts to position the magnet just right so it doesnt wobble and eventually break. He also says he'll repair if they do break. Seems like a good deal, I might pick one up if I can afford it from my next payday. I'll update if I do. If someone else goes for it or has already, please let us know how it worked out.

--------------------
"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live."
~Twain
"Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule."
~Nietzsche
"Be true to your own act; and congratulate yourself if you have done something strange and extravagant, and broken the monotony of a decorous age."
~Emerson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSlimz
.-~*´`*·~-experience-~*´`*·~-.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Maryland
Re: Cheap stir plate ebay [Re: Frequenze]
    #11266136 - 10/17/09 02:50 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

if you look at the pics, its a PC fan in a project box from radioshack with some magnets attached..

prety easy to build

--------------------
Lazy Drywall Tek (no powdery mess)

This series will blow your mind and confirm what you already know to be true.
The Pharmacratic Inquisition
Best Thread Ever ! ! !

:pm: me if you have questions about lasers

Although i may advise others in a general way regarding all types of mushroom grows, and may even post question from other forums about growing "active" mushrooms, i only grow non-"active" mushrooms and edibles.

FeelFamily resident tech guru

OfflineDr.Myco87
Im a "Reader"
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of the greedy! Flag
Re: Cheap stir plate ebay [Re: Slimz]
    #11266495 - 10/17/09 04:09 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

And the materials could be had for $10 or $15, build it yourself if you want a cheap stir plate like this. Personally I'm just going to wait till I can afford a used hot/stir plate.

--------------------
"I don’t do drugs. I am drugs."                -Salvador Dali

"I’ve never had a problem with drugs. I’ve had problems with the police."                                          -Keith Richards

"Reality is a crutch for people who can’t cope with drugs."                                          -Lily Tomlin

OfflineFrequenze
Disbeliever

Re: Cheap stir plate ebay [Re: Dr.Myco87]
    #11268537 - 10/17/09 10:31 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

All the pc fans I've seen are wired to use power from the mother board, do you need some kind of adapter to use a standalone power supply? Anyway, the materials are not things I have laying around, nor are the tools. And it must be kinda tricky to position the magnets so you can use high speed and not have the fan wobble. I've learned that nothing is as cheap or easy as it's supposed to be if you diy. Plus I hardly got any time these days, workin full time and takin classes. It might be a good deal for me, obviously not for you.

--------------------
"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live."
~Twain
"Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule."
~Nietzsche
"Be true to your own act; and congratulate yourself if you have done something strange and extravagant, and broken the monotony of a decorous age."
~Emerson

InvisibleSlimz
.-~*´`*·~-experience-~*´`*·~-.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Maryland
    #11268560 - 10/17/09 10:37 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

pc fan is either 5 or 12 volts always...

--------------------
Lazy Drywall Tek (no powdery mess)

This series will blow your mind and confirm what you already know to be true.
The Pharmacratic Inquisition
Best Thread Ever ! ! !

:pm: me if you have questions about lasers

Although i may advise others in a general way regarding all types of mushroom grows, and may even post question from other forums about growing "active" mushrooms, i only grow non-"active" mushrooms and edibles.

FeelFamily resident tech guru

Offlinenexus1946
Rebel
 User Gallery

Loc: In the moment
    #11268866 - 10/17/09 11:37 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

$38.00 is a good price. It looks well put together too.

Mine is more crude but it works very well, didn't cost that much, and was easy to build.

It runs on a 3 - 12 volt adaptor for variable speeds. This can be bought anywhere cheap.

The magnet gets glued on the centre of the fan so there's no 'wobble'. The magnet is from an old hard drive.

Once the parts are at hand it can be built in about an hour.

--------------------
Gypsum/Drywall Tek
The Story Of Russell The Texas (Cube) Bear

The human race's prospects of survival were considerably better when we were defenceless against tigers than they are today when we have become defenceless against ourselves.
-Arnold J. Toynbee

InvisibleFlop Johnson
Praise Skatballah
Male

Loc: TX
Re: Cheap stir plate ebay [Re: Slimz]
    #11268878 - 10/17/09 11:40 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Slimz said:

I've found that most old cell phone chargers can be spliced up to fit them.

Invisiblestonesun
Sclerotia Aficionado
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 64º08'00"N 21º56'00"W
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cheap stir plate ebay [Re: Flop Johnson]
    #11268960 - 10/17/09 11:52 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MoeRon said:
Quote:

Slimz said:

I've found that most old cell phone chargers can be spliced up to fit them.

True that

OfflineFrequenze
Disbeliever

Re: Cheap stir plate ebay [Re: nexus1946]
    #11271215 - 10/18/09 12:57 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ok, I've got a soldering iron, so we're talking about taking a 5 or 12 volt power supply and splicing wires to the power for the fan. Every hard drive I still have is in use, what other types of magnets can substitute?

Quote:

nexus1946 said:
Mine is more crude but it works very well, didn't cost that much, and was easy to build.

Tell you what man, yours certainly looks very sturdy. The electronics on his might be less crude, but the housing on yours is pimp. I'll see if I can get together with a friend with a saw to work on a housing...if not, I'm probably gonna buy one of his.

--------------------
~Twain
~Nietzsche
~Emerson

Offlinenexus1946
Rebel
 User Gallery

Loc: In the moment
    #11272702 - 10/18/09 05:51 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not sure what other type magnets would be good. Maybe check some used computer stores for an old HD. Everyone is using SATA now so you should be able to find an old 10 or 20 gig IDE real cheap. :thumbup:

Good luck with it man! :smile:

--------------------
Gypsum/Drywall Tek
The Story Of Russell The Texas (Cube) Bear

The human race's prospects of survival were considerably better when we were defenceless against tigers than they are today when we have become defenceless against ourselves.
-Arnold J. Toynbee

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates