Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDehe
Stranger
Question...
    #1125947 - 12/09/02 06:01 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Ok I've experimented with mushrooms mabye 8-9 times before...and on my last two trips (they were on consecutive days) I've had a tightening in my throat feeling (they were very low dose maybe .5-1.5 grams )...this is a feeling I've always gotten off of acid and had never experienced with shrooms before I had taken acid..any comments or help on what this might be?..if any of you more veteren trippers have ever gotten any effects like this or any ways i might combat it as its incredibly uncomftorble..Thanks.
Steve

--------------------
Art is long and time is fleeting
our hearts though stout and brave
still are like muffled drums
beating funeral marches towards the grave
-Longfellow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Question... [Re: Dehe]
    #1126014 - 12/09/02 06:19 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

If it doesn't choke you, I'd say accept it :smile:

If you really don't like it, or it seems dangerous, then stop with the tripping :wink:

any specifics? what do you do when you trip? does it seem to come on at a certain time?

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineDehe
Stranger
Re: Question... [Re: Strumpling]
    #1126558 - 12/09/02 08:39 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I think i usually get psilocybe cubensis but it is kinda hard to tell since im not such a mycophile and their dried when i get them (hoping to start to grow in a month or so...any suggestions or websites you can give me as to whats the cheapest/efficent/easiest way to go?)...im usually laying with my eyes closed/listening to music if alone or laughing hysterically :laugh: and talking if with one other person is present (never tripped with more than one..just seemed like it would throw off the dynamics of the experience) It usually stays constant (the choking feeling) throughout the experience...it just seemed strange that after i had done acid and gotten this same feeling i was wondering if it could be a pharmacological {sic} effect or maybe psychosomatic or if anyone has gotten this same effect?
Steve 

--------------------
-Longfellow

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1126862 - 12/09/02 09:45 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

unfortunately I'm not sure what that could be man.... I don't THINK I've experienced it.. I dunno though maybe I have and just didn't notice..

I'd say if its tolerable you should learn to love it :wink: if its not, then thats enough shrooms for you, eh?

might wanna get your throat checked out - does this happen any other time? go on a long run and see if the same thing happens or something.... thats weird I've never heard of this.. how noticeable is it? is it really restricting your breathing?

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

Offlinehuboldium
    #1127320 - 12/09/02 11:58 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

this sometimes happens to me when i smoke lots and lots of pot, i have come to the conclusion that it is not a tightening of my throat, but a relaxing of the muscles, the muscles relax and the eppiglottis will move lower or shift around somewhere where it is not usually, the more you think about it the worse it gets, just try to keep your mind off it, dont worry about it, if you are paranoid then carry around an epi-pen or an ana-kit

OfflineDehe
Stranger
Re: Question... [Re: huboldium]
    #1128277 - 12/10/02 09:27 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

no i dont think its anafalectic (sic) shock but the former explaination sounds feasible...its not really restricting my breathing too bad..Im planning on getting an eigth tonight ill let you know how it goes.
Steve

--------------------
-Longfellow

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
    #1128526 - 12/10/02 10:59 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Is there any chance it could be a very slight allergic reaction?

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1128925 - 12/10/02 12:48 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

yeah ok I just realized what you're talking about...

its not a constant thing right? like you'll be sitting there and suddenly you'll feel it happen, then it happens later and so on and so on?

yeah dude you're doing this on your own ;-) work on your breathing, and keep some water nearby.

--------------------

OfflineDehe
Stranger
    #1129189 - 12/10/02 02:11 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

no not an allergic reaction as i had never gotten this before...yeah i think your right matt its not like all the time just when i think about it:) thanks ill let you know how my trip goes
Steve

--------------------
-Longfellow

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom