Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

Sister and Salvia
    #11266123 - 10/17/09 02:47 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well, i've been talking to my sister about psychedelics as long as I've done them, and she has seen the change brought up by them. I've explained mst of my trips to her as well.

I told her if she wants to go into the psychedelic experience she shoould get her feet wet with 1.5 grams of shrooms. She comes in the room today (Because I have salvia) and says I think I want to try it today!

It scares me because I can tell her no and all that but I can't be there everytime. I explained how on salvia I found the meaning of God for myself and it was this trip that changed my life so it interested her. I also told her of the bad things that can happen.

Her excuse for not wanting to do shrooms first is it lasts so long she would rather have it be short and intense than long and not. What can I say to her so she knows it's not the way she sees it? It's not right to do it like that? i mean shit, I'm not even doing the salvia yet because I don't feel ready.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

Re: Sister and Salvia [Re: Angel_Above]
    #11266130 - 10/17/09 02:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Also I was thinking of just letting her have a few small leaves in a bowl of weed so she can see the minimal effects

Offlineastronaut
ascetic aesthetic
Male

#11266152 - 10/17/09 02:55 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I would not bother giving her a low dose of Salvia, as a non-breakthrough may just turn her away from something that could potentially be spiritually important.

I would first give her a low-dose of shrooms (1-2gr), and see how she handles that. If she's okay with it, next time give her 3.5gr (1/8oz). If she still wants to have an intense entheogenic experience, either on that same trip or on another day, let her smoke Salvia extract while peaking on 3.5gr of shrooms. In my experience, that combination is a guaranteed breakthrough, and will give you a spiritually important experience.

Jumping straight to Salvia is a bad idea... it is very intense, and doesn't at all help you along. If you are having trouble coping with it, nothing will change that until you've completely come down, and even then anxiety could continue for a while afterward.

--------------------
In another Time's Forgotten Space, your Eyes looked through your Mother's Face:
Wildflower Seed on the Sand and Stone, may the Four Winds blow you Safely Home!

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

Re: Sister and Salvia [Re: astronaut]
    #11266174 - 10/17/09 03:01 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Understood.

But the thing is, if she was having a low dose salvia experience she woud still KNOW there's much more to that based on my explanations of my experiences.

Offlineastronaut
ascetic aesthetic
Male

#11266195 - 10/17/09 03:06 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I guess that is a point. Yeah, maybe giving her a lower dose before the big one would be good, as long as you tell her in advance that it isn't like a breakthrough trip at all... but I would still first give her a low dose of shrooms. It really makes you optimistic about what psychedelics are and what they can be.

--------------------
In another Time's Forgotten Space, your Eyes looked through your Mother's Face:
Wildflower Seed on the Sand and Stone, may the Four Winds blow you Safely Home!

InvisibleStickyRicky
Fellow
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #11266205 - 10/17/09 03:08 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I tried salvia before i ever did shrooms and had no problem. Just make sure she understands that mushrooms and salvia are COMPLETELY different! Where as shrooms can be fun and such while in the experience, salvia is like putting your brain in a blender; as in during the experience you get dissociated and are hardly aware of whats going on other than the laughing and drooling until its over. At least that's ime.

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

Re: Sister and Salvia [Re: astronaut]
    #11266207 - 10/17/09 03:08 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I think I may give her alow dose and have the levels of SALVIA explainede to her

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
    #11266232 - 10/17/09 03:14 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Salvia is such a nasty and unpredictable experience.  Your first instinct (the low-dose mushrooms) is a MUCH better choice , IMHO.

She has her whole life to advance through a series of entheogenic experiences...why rush into a potential trainwreck???

In my opinion, she'd even be better off w/ a low dose DMT experience than a low dose salvia trip...and CERTAINLY better off than an inadvertent medium or high dose one!

P.S.  Salvia (Salvinorin A) is more of a dissociative, and less of an hallucinogen.  Please reconsider...I urge shrooms as a first major entheogen.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

Edited by Nature Boy (10/17/09 03:17 PM)

OfflineMykologist
Often too lazy to post...
Male

Loc: I'm still here...
Re: Sister and Salvia [Re: StickyRicky]
    #11266246 - 10/17/09 03:17 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

StickyRicky said:
I tried salvia before i ever did shrooms and had no problem. Just make sure she understands that mushrooms and salvia are COMPLETELY different!

I personally would never recommend salvia as a first time psychedelic, at least not smoked as a powerful extract. Mushrooms come on nice and slow, so it gives the user a chance to cope with the effects. My first psychedelic experience was 1.5 grams mushrooms and I LOVED it. A year later, I tried salvia for the first time: I HATED it!

What I'm getting at is that none of my friends hate mushrooms, all of them love them in fact. Most of my friends, however, won't touch salvia after their experiences with the drug. Mushrooms are probably her best bet, maybe not acid because it lasts so much longer.

Heh, maybe her best bet would be a pot-brownie or firecracker. I've noticed eating weed is quite a bit more psychedelic than smoking. No, it doesn't even come close to a good mushroom trip, but it definitely scratches the surface of a profound change in perception.

Give her our regards!
Myk

--------------------

Where would you rather be?

OfflineXXXguntherXXX
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Sister and Salvia [Re: Mykologist]
    #11266466 - 10/17/09 04:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

A small dose of salvia should be fine - just a threshold dose. One of those "on the edge" experiences. Just let her know that it is nothing like mushrooms, and she shouldn't base her opinion of all psychedelics on salvia.

Offlinejared11
The Illusionist
Male

Loc: Out there
Re: Sister and Salvia [Re: XXXguntherXXX]
    #11266570 - 10/17/09 04:22 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

mushrooms are a good time. Just give her an eighth and she'll love it.

--------------------
Mother,
Should I trust the government?

:peace:Peace & Love:heart:

Offlineoxalic32
Male

Loc: .
. [Re: XXXguntherXXX]
    #11266575 - 10/17/09 04:22 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Edited by oxalic32 (12/19/10 03:30 PM)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Sister and Salvia [Re: oxalic32]
    #11268320 - 10/17/09 09:51 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

you can learn a lot from your sister
I think she is ready to start teaching you.
just treat her as you would have her treat you

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract