Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedodeski
Student of liff
Male User Gallery

Loc: OR
The Urban Hunt Central oOregon Coast
    #11257272 - 10/16/09 12:02 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Not a real ID request already know what most of these are not to sure on the aminita the purple gilled or the lbm , but that has to be the biggest silius i have ever seen thought it was a little early for the helvella lacunosa but it was a cool find under a rodi that had to be at least 100 years old

--------------------
"People use the word "natural" ... What is natural to me are these botanical species which interact directly with the nervous system. What I consider artificial is 4 years at Harvard, and the Bible, and Saint Patrick's cathedral, and the Sunday school teachings."
-Timothy Leary

“You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness.”
― Terence McKenna

"In defying the authority we become the authorities"
- Unknown

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineehtdaedlufetarg
Toadstool Taxonomy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Trusted Identifier
Re: The Urban Hunt Central oOregon Coast [Re: dodeski]
    #11257304 - 10/16/09 12:13 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Holy Shit. That is the Biggest Suillius i have seen as well. Thats is absurd. Thanks for sharing!!

--------------------

Offlinedodeski
Student of liff
Male User Gallery

Re: The Urban Hunt Central oOregon Coast [Re: ehtdaedlufetarg]
    #11257359 - 10/16/09 12:24 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

oops Suillius i was never any good at the latin except with the copy paiste

--------------------
"People use the word "natural" ... What is natural to me are these botanical species which interact directly with the nervous system. What I consider artificial is 4 years at Harvard, and the Bible, and Saint Patrick's cathedral, and the Sunday school teachings."
-Timothy Leary

“You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness.”
― Terence McKenna

- Unknown

OfflineShroomHunting
Starting fresh
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle, Washington
    #11257454 - 10/16/09 12:49 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Nice Pics!

InvisibleShockValue
Because, ShockValue.

Loc: Tipping at windmills.
Re: The Urban Hunt Central oOregon Coast [Re: ShroomHunting]
    #11257474 - 10/16/09 12:54 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Lycoperdon perlatum

--------------------
  • When we built temples to view the stars, we knew about all 2000 of them.

Offlinecameal
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW, Canada
Re: The Urban Hunt Central oOregon Coast [Re: ShockValue]
    #11257598 - 10/16/09 01:41 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Those last ones are edible when they're white all the way through, though they don't taste like much. Kinda like tofu.

AMAZING suillius!!! AWESOMEEEEE

--------------------
I advise any noob looking to identify mushrooms to fill out the ID form and provide clear photographs. Knowledge is a privilege and deserves respect. Let's give due props to the experts!

Offlinedodeski
Student of liff
Male User Gallery

Re: The Urban Hunt Central oOregon Coast [Re: cameal]
    #11257656 - 10/16/09 02:19 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

thinking about tempura batter frying them along with some vegies and serving vith a garlc ginger dipping sauce

--------------------
-Timothy Leary

― Terence McKenna

- Unknown

Offlinecameal
 User Gallery

#11263765 - 10/17/09 02:15 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Mmm. Are you doing whole or chunks of puffball? Whole, their texture is very satisfying  in stews or as an accompaniment for steak. In Italy they eat it with veal (I'm not so into veal, though); apparently it carries a similar texture... tender, I guess?

I have even stuffed some of the bigger ones with tapenade and cheese then fried them and served with balsamic reduction. They puff in your mouth! The stuffing makes it look like they're actually filled with ripe spores, which is when they're past their prime. Kind of satirical, maybe? Dorky gourmet mushroom humour, more likely...

--------------------
I advise any noob looking to identify mushrooms to fill out the ID form and provide clear photographs. Knowledge is a privilege and deserves respect. Let's give due props to the experts!

OfflineShroomHunting
Starting fresh
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle, Washington
    #11265276 - 10/17/09 11:59 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Wait.... you can eat puffballs???? how do they taste??? are there some that are dangerous???? how do you know when they are past their prime???

InvisibleShockValue
Because, ShockValue.

Loc: Tipping at windmills.
Re: The Urban Hunt Central oOregon Coast [Re: ShroomHunting]
    #11266191 - 10/17/09 03:06 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

If they are anything but white inside, then they are past their prime.  Just like other mushrooms, some are edible, some are not.

--------------------
  • When we built temples to view the stars, we knew about all 2000 of them.

Offlinecameal
 User Gallery

Re: The Urban Hunt Central oOregon Coast [Re: ShockValue]
    #11268017 - 10/17/09 08:56 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

EARTHballs are toxic- Scleroderma Citrinum aka Scleroderma Aurantiacum or Scleroderma Vulgare. They are much more of a ball than puffs. Click the link above for more info.

PUFFballs- Lycoperdon Pyriforme or L. Perlatum are edible when completely white all the way through. See the photo below of inedible, overripe puffs on the left, and edible white puffs on the right. What you have are puffballs.

--------------------

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Loc: mexicoelcentrodelconocimi...
Trusted Identifier
    #11268097 - 10/17/09 09:15 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

cool finds  but only boletus  get that big  i bet you can eat that is not the tiranosaurius rex or something the name

--------------------

cuando una rafaga del pensamiento nos pasa  al lado se puede sentir  que valio  la pena  haber vivido, y cuando ese pensamiento se  convierte en sueño no paramos de soñar hasta realizarlo

Offlinecameal
 User Gallery

Re: The Urban Hunt Central oOregon Coast [Re: cactu]
    #11268119 - 10/17/09 09:18 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Isn't suillus a bolete with a slimy cuticle?

--------------------

Offlinethetonebone72
Hunter -Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: The Urban Hunt Central oOregon Coast [Re: cactu]
    #11268879 - 10/17/09 11:40 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

cactu said:
cool finds  but only boletus  get that big  i bet you can eat that is not the tiranosaurius rex or something the name

That was my thought. Looks like Boletus to me. Bigger than I've found but that ain't no Suillus!

--------------------
Hunt On, Good Fellow

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Loc: mexicoelcentrodelconocimi...
Trusted Identifier
    #11269220 - 10/18/09 12:56 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

cameal said:
Isn't suillus a bolete with a slimy cuticle?

is in the family  but not the same genus but is ok for me dont tell cure cat or other about it . just kidding :grin: shit iam grounded

--------------------

cuando una rafaga del pensamiento nos pasa  al lado se puede sentir  que valio  la pena  haber vivido, y cuando ese pensamiento se  convierte en sueño no paramos de soñar hasta realizarlo

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract