Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleaccountant
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Tripping? Can anyone relate?
    #11265890 - 10/17/09 04:01 PM (8 years, 8 days ago)

Do you think having adult full time responsibilities (not a kid) brings down the trip?  Will thinking about stress at work, bills, mortgage, make me have a bad trip?  When I was 18 the biggest worry I had was if girls liked me, haha

2nd, I will be keeping this a secret from my wife and doing it when she's not around.  Do you think that knowing I'm going behind her back will cause a bad trip?  Like starting to feel that "you're a dishonest person".?

Anyone scared of tripping with this on your mind? 

HAPPY SATURDAY ALL!!!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Tripping? Can anyone relate? [Re: accountant]
    #11265973 - 10/17/09 04:17 PM (8 years, 8 days ago)

Thinking about stress at work, bills, etc.. are not generally thoughts you want to have floating around your mind while tripping.

I mean that's not a hard rule... like if you are thinking about negative things in your life, in a different light.. to try and come to a new perspective on them and understand them and resolve them and move on... trips can be great for that sort of thing.. dealing with issues in your head and finding an innovative solution.

But if you are like most people, you will think those thoughts and then they will become a cyclical event, where you are just needlessly stressing about all the stupid little things in your life and it becomes a destructive thought loop of "I'm so fucked, what am I going to do...life is terrible, blah blah blah"

So basically, there's a big difference between thinking about such negative things while tripping with an open and free mind, looking at them briefly and assessing them from a different perspective... and then there is DWELLING on those thoughts and having them consume you and effect your mental state, which can send a trip spiraling into chaos and confusion. It's never happened to me because I like to control my thoughts. But I've seen people utterly freak out on a trip because they start thinking about all the negative things in their life, freak out about it and it sends their trip on a downward spiral.

So control your thoughts.

2nd. I wouldn't recommend 'hiding' it from your wife. Shouldn't she be supportive of your desire to trip? If she's not I can understand why you would feel the need to "trip in secret", but that could also effect your trip negatively, if you are worried about your wife finding out, or spending the trip paranoid about something.
Although I have tripped plenty of times "in secret" around people who I wouldn't want knowing, so its your call.
Ultimately it's your decision to trip and your wife should at least be understanding of that. I know for me I would never date a chick that would find my occasional, responsible drug use unacceptable in any way, let alone marry someone who felt that way.  But if she's gone then who cares? Tell her when she gets back?

--------------------

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Tripping? Can anyone relate? [Re: Shroomism]
    #11265996 - 10/17/09 04:21 PM (8 years, 8 days ago)

i think about all the negative things in my life then i walk around zenly, staring life full in the face.

don't recall it ever getting out of control.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

Re: Tripping? Can anyone relate? [Re: truekimbo2]
    #11266012 - 10/17/09 04:24 PM (8 years, 8 days ago)

If you have to hide it, something is already wrong. You will only see that much clearer while tripping.

Mushrooms or LSD? That makes a huge difference in my mind.

--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Tripping? Can anyone relate? [Re: truekimbo2]
    #11266017 - 10/17/09 04:25 PM (8 years, 8 days ago)

Well not everyone is a zen master. I too am able to function while tripping balls in the most chaotic of situations, I've had entire trips where I sit and contemplate all the darkest things possible and all the negatives in my life in an attempt to re-assess them. But I also understand I have a different brain chemistry than most people and possess a "don't give a fuck" attitude in general, hardly anything can phase me. From my experience not everyone is so mellow, and I've seen people go into full-on freak out mode just from letting a couple negative thoughts enter their head. So I'd say it depends how much control you have over your thoughts and emotions.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #11266183 - 10/17/09 05:03 PM (8 years, 8 days ago)

I guess what I said in my first post could be misinterpreted.
I'm not really saying just think of flowers and puppy dogs and sunshine.
Negative thoughts have a very valid place in the tripping experience, and you certainly don't want to ignore issues in your mind
as IMO - psychedelics are a TOOL for the mind, and what better for the mind than clearing out and dealing with the negative, face to face?
I suppose what I was saying is that there's a difference between thinking about the negative, and OBSESSING over it and letting it consume your trip. I've seen that happen.
And some of my BEST trips, have been when I had a lot of negative things going on in my life, and I used the trip to sort of be reborn and see those things in a completely different light.
So yeah go nuts. I just don't recommend delving into the deepest darkest pits of hell if you are novice at that sort of thing.

--------------------

Invisibleaccountant
Stranger
Female User Gallery

#11266850 - 10/17/09 07:10 PM (8 years, 8 days ago)

It will be interesting to see what happens.  I could very easily tell her what I plan on doing, but recently we've been having talks about my fascination with drugs.  She is fine with smoking weed, but just recently told me that she worries about me trying something new.  I've only really smoked pot since we've been together.  I dosed Methylone around her a couple times, but mostly I've been sober.

Here's the kicker... the day before we had this conversation of her fear about me always wanting to try new things... I had an order of 4-AcO-DMT coming my way in the mail.  Haha, I couldn't believe it.  But since I had just got done telling her I wouldn't try any new drugs, I don't want to tell her.

Do you think when I start tripping, the meaning of all this will change?  Perhaps, I'll be okay and come out of it with a new understanding of my love for her.  Still scared of freaking out though.:shocked:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Community >> The Pub