Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Ten in hospital after 2C-B rave
    #11265145 - 10/17/09 11:35 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ten in hospital after 2C-B rave
Saturday, October 17, 2009, 07:00

A group of revellers were rushed to hospital after taking a psychedelic drug rarely seen before by Nottingham's emergency services. The dealer who supplied them is awaiting sentence and the city's drug services are relaying the lessons learnt. REBECCA SHERDLEY and MICHAEL GREENWELL report

WHEN 10 people were rushed to hospital in the early hours of November 16 last year, medics found themselves dealing with something new.

They are trained to deal with overdoses and side-effects from a variety of drugs, but the symptoms exhibited by this group of people were different and alarming.

They were suffering vivid hallucinations, extreme anxiety and some of their heart rates were at worryingly high levels.

Some of the group – including six students from the University of Nottingham – said they had taken 2C-B, a drug "rarely seen" in the city.

It has been described as a cross between ecstasy and LSD, which propels users into an energetic state mixed with hallucinations and disorientation.

It is often dealt in capsules containing a dose of the drug, but the 10 people, who would eventually be hospitalised, may have taken 2C-B in an unmeasured, powder form.

Inspector Nigel English, of Notts Police drugs directorate, said: "2C-B is a synthetic drug, and one that we have rarely come across in the last few years.

"It could be that those who took it were unfamiliar with the drug and unaware of its potential side-effects or safe dosage levels.

"It may be that they mistook it for another more common drug, like ecstasy or amphetamine, and assumed it could be taken in a similar quantity."

The night had started at a house before moving to a Lenton venue for a club night called Firefly.

The Marcus Garvey Centre, or The Ballroom, is a venue popular with University of Nottingham students and dance music fans throughout the city.

But before long, staff at the venue had alerted police and emergency services because of the group's panicked and unusual behaviour.

Two of the 10 who were rushed to hospital were transferred to the high dependency unit of Nottingham's Queen's Medical Centre.

Their condition was closely monitored over the next 48 hours.

Drug-dealer [name redacted], of West Bridgford, was among the 10.

He had also supplied ketamine to the group, a dangerous tranquilliser more commonly used among recreational drug users and more well known to hospital staff.

Emergency services, Notts Police, the University of Nottingham and Nottingham Crime and Drugs Partnership worked together to ensure that more people were not endangered.

There were fears that a batch of 2C-B was circulating in the city.

Steve Youdell, Nottingham Crime and Drugs Partnership, said: "To the best of our knowledge the use of the drug 2C-B in Nottingham is very rare.

"The incident in November is the first if its kind that has been brought to our attention.

"Following the information that was passed on to us by Notts Police we issued an alert to all the agencies in the city that are in contact, or potentially in contact with drug users, which is a standard procedure.

"This alert contained the facts as we understood them and asked services to offer harm reduction advice as appropriate in the unlikely event that any of their clients come across this drug."

Drug education charities which advise and support people who misuse drugs, particularly ones who work with clubbers, were urged to be vigilant.

Manager Neil Brooks, of city-based charity Chill Out Sound Support, said: "Ketamine, ecstasy, MDMA and cocaine are the drugs we commonly encounter and cause the most problems.

"We were alerted at the time of this but have not encountered 2C-B since."

[name redacted] is due to be sentenced at Nottingham Crown Court, on October 27, for 11 counts of supplying drugs.

The six University of Nottingham students have since graduated.

None of the group except [name redacted] were charged with drugs offences.

A University of Nottingham spokesman said: "We have liaised closely with Notts Police, both during the incident and since, and have co-operated fully with their investigation.

"The supplier of the drug, [name redacted], is not and has never been a student of the University of Nottingham.

"Six of the other 10 individuals involved are former students of the university who graduated in summer 2009.

"While we do not discuss individual discipline cases, the university does not condone the supply or possession of any drugs.

We have very firm policies to deal with such offences, including sanctions such as fines, suspension and exclusion.

"Police and/or court action is also taken into consideration and in this case the university is satisfied that these six students were dealt with appropriately by Notts Police without court proceedings being initiated.

"Appropriate advice and support on the misuse of drugs is provided for by the University Student Services in conjunction with the Students' Union.

"This work is further supported by the work of our off campus manager for student affairs who regularly advises our off-campus student community."

Melanie Renwick, of the University of Nottingham Students' Union, said: "We do not encounter any students who come to the Students' Union looking for support or advise if they have a drug problem.

"Our Student Advice and Representation Centre would be the first port of call if they did and they would be advised according to their particular circumstances."

Further information on 2-CB is available on the FRANK website, www.talktofrank.com.

michael.greenwell@nottinghameveningpost.co.uk

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/homenews/hospital-2C-B-rave/article-1428533-detail/article.html

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Edited by geokills (07/31/15 01:49 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehighdroponics Happy Birthday!
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
Re: Ten in hospital after 2C-B rave [Re: motaman]
    #11265167 - 10/17/09 11:39 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Probably more of the '2c-b-fly'. I hope no one is stupid enough to keep selling the stuff after finding out that it's killing people.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Invisibleesyflyr
Stranger

Re: Ten in hospital after 2C-B rave [Re: motaman]
    #11265226 - 10/17/09 11:52 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

motaman said:
They were suffering vivid hallucinations
http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/homenews/hospital-2C-B-rave/article-1428533-detail/article.html

Hm, doesn't sound like suffering to me.

Offlineakb112211
Stranger

Loc: UKUSANetherlands
Re: Ten in hospital after 2C-B rave [Re: highdroponics]
    #11265262 - 10/17/09 11:57 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

perhaps you missed this..."WHEN 10 people were rushed to hospital in the early hours of November 16 last year, medics found themselves dealing with something new."

It has absolutely nothing to do with the recent 2c-b-fly batch that was mislabeled.
If these people took that(which was bromo-dragonfly) they would undoubtedly be dead. No one is (knowingly) selling this anymore.
Don't spread misinformation please.

2c-b-fly is a relatively safe chemical. There is no need to give it a bad name. Thats just irresponsible, and doesn't benefit anyone.

--------------------
"There never was and never will be,
Nor is there now,
The wholly criticized
Or the wholly approved"

Edited by akb112211 (10/17/09 12:02 PM)

Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Re: Ten in hospital after 2C-B rave [Re: akb112211]
    #11265284 - 10/17/09 12:01 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Lol, aren't you just cute.

I'm not spreading misinformation, I simply misread the article.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Edited by highdroponics (10/17/09 12:16 PM)

Offlineakb112211
Stranger

#11265298 - 10/17/09 12:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

removed...

--------------------
Nor is there now,
The wholly criticized
Or the wholly approved"

Offlinetwiztidthoughts
Stranger

Loc: Central Alabama
    #11265310 - 10/17/09 12:07 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

#11265321 - 10/17/09 12:10 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah I didn't wanna be a dickhead right there but you just had to push the button.:shrug:

--------------------

Offlinelibertaire
liberator
Male

#11265345 - 10/17/09 12:18 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yet more proof that psychedelics are not party drugs.  What else is new.

Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Re: Ten in hospital after 2C-B rave [Re: libertaire]
    #11265385 - 10/17/09 12:24 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

That's not proof, I party on psychedelics all the time, hell I prefer to be around large groups of people where there's action rather than sitting in a room by myself or just a few people. I seek adventure when I'm tripping, I just hope that if I ever die on any drug that no one blames the drug for the death I knowingly risked.

--------------------

Offlineoxalic32
Male

Loc: .
. [Re: highdroponics]
    #11265423 - 10/17/09 12:31 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Edited by oxalic32 (12/18/10 06:13 PM)

Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Turtle Island
    #11265443 - 10/17/09 12:34 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

"It could be that those who took it were unfamiliar with the drug and unaware of its potential side-effects or safe dosage levels.

You just said it yourself, it has a safe dosage range. EDUCATE PEOPLE so that they know this, instead of arresting and spreading fear.

--------------------

Offlineoxalic32
Male

. [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #11265460 - 10/17/09 12:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Edited by oxalic32 (12/18/10 09:31 PM)

Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Turtle Island
Re: Ten in hospital after 2C-B rave [Re: oxalic32]
    #11265575 - 10/17/09 12:55 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Oh, I agree with you fully.
Especially when it comes to RCs a mg scale should always be used. But fact remains, when done properly there IS a safe dosage range- be it that this range may be unknown still for RCs.
I would say it can still be used for a party safely, but not in the same way that you just show up and buy some molly off a random dealer. With an RC you should have already gauged your own personal dosage range and be fully aware of exactly how much and of what you are putting in.
Too many times dealer are clueless about their drugs. I would hope someone with acess to 2c-b would be aware of what it is, but many times I've had people sell me RCs as LSD and they themselves fully think it is Lucy..

--------------------

InvisibleTacticalBongRip
Curious Observer
 User Gallery

Re: Ten in hospital after 2C-B rave [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #11265840 - 10/17/09 01:50 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Two things:

1 -If they were legal things like this would be much less likely to occur since people would know exactly what they are taking and how much to take (due to labels etc.)

2 - The supposed 'dealer' commented on the website of the original link this story was posted, and said he thinks they ended up with 2C-E instead of 2C-B which is why things got out of hand, since 2C-E is apparently 50x stronger.

Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Re: Ten in hospital after 2C-B rave [Re: TacticalBongRip]
    #11265868 - 10/17/09 01:56 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah that dealer really knows his shit. :smirk:

--------------------

Offlineaj123
smot poking
Male

Loc: Easter island Flag
    #11265953 - 10/17/09 02:13 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks Evening Post for making my life even more exciting. Wow, in the paper AND going to court, what a lucky boy I am.. AND having my life completely ruined too. Awesome.
If you'd actually investigated the circumstances better you would know that i'm by no means a 'drug dealer'.
Also, the drug was probably 2C-E... about fifity times stronger than what we anticipated which is why it went so wrong. But little details eh?! All that matters now is putting a menace like me behind bars.
[name redacted], Nottm

Yeah doesnt look like he had a clue what he was doing, at least no one died though :stoned:

--------------------

Edited by geokills (07/31/15 01:50 PM)

Offlineakb112211
Stranger

#11266115 - 10/17/09 02:44 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I wasn't actually submitting. Your initial post was shit. No probs though.

--------------------
Nor is there now,
The wholly criticized
Or the wholly approved"

Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
Re: Ten in hospital after 2C-B rave *DELETED* [Re: akb112211]
    #11266220 - 10/17/09 03:11 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by lavod

Reason for deletion: Hunting with a balsa spear.

--------------------

Offlineoxalic32
Male

. [Re: lavod]
    #11266530 - 10/17/09 04:15 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Edited by oxalic32 (12/18/10 09:31 PM)

Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
    #11266593 - 10/17/09 04:25 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Not even close(50% perhaps).  I was commenting on the dealer's comment in jest.  I'd wager that the substance was 2c-b; just distributed by an eyeballing lout in overly high dosage.

--------------------

InvisibleGlenners
Rhymenosaurus

#11266920 - 10/17/09 05:22 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I hope everybody is prank calling that talk to frank number like I am! This article pisses me off.

First off "the symptoms exhibited by this group of people were different and alarming."

They've never delt with someone who was tripping, anxious and had an elevated heart rate????

And second they clearly state there's a safe dosage but don't bother to publish it. But atleast they're saying their is a safe dosage and not just saying take this drug and it's bad.

EDIT: I keep getting some lame message saying your call can not be completed as dialed!

InvisibleInvisible_Woe

Loc: Mabase
    #11268330 - 10/17/09 09:53 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i got a email from erowid it was either tainted or mistaken with 2C-B-fly. i didnt read anything so if someone said it already chill

--------------------
These are not the answers you should be questioning.

Offlineakb112211
Stranger

Re: Ten in hospital after 2C-B rave [Re: lavod]
    #11269744 - 10/18/09 05:04 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Invisible_Woe said:
i got a email from erowid it was either tainted or mistaken with 2C-B-fly. i didnt read anything so if someone said it already chill

It has nothing to do with this article. I've been trying to say this. I know its confusing that they reported on 2c-b at this time. This case is over a year old!
It has nothing to do w/ 2c-b-fly.

Quote:

lavod said:
Giggle audibles at 2c-e being 50x stronger than 2c-b.

Giggle audibles directed at this too: "He had also supplied ketamine to the group, a dangerous tranquilliser more commonly used among recreational drug users and more well known to hospital staff."

Perhaps said "dangerous" tranquillizer(note use of this -misspelled- word over anaesthetic for greater shock value) is more well known to hospital staff because they use it themselves in medical situations at dosages greater than those who use it re-creationally.

If you are going to be pedantic, he didn't actually mis-spell the word. Its an English article. z and s are substituted as in 'realize' and 'realise'.
But I get the sentiments of your post and agree. 50x stronger?! wtf.

--------------------
Nor is there now,
The wholly criticized
Or the wholly approved"

Offlineaj123
smot poking
Male

Loc: Easter island Flag
    #11269942 - 10/18/09 07:34 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

lavod said:
Giggle audibles at 2c-e being 50x stronger than 2c-b.

Giggle audibles directed at this too: "He had also supplied ketamine to the group, a dangerous tranquilliser more commonly used among recreational drug users and more well known to hospital staff."

Perhaps said "dangerous" tranquillizer(note use of this -misspelled- word over anaesthetic for greater shock value) is more well known to hospital staff because they use it themselves in medical situations at dosages greater than those who use it re-creationally.

If you are going to be pedantic, he didn't actually mis-spell the word. Its an English article. z and s are substituted as in 'realize' and 'realise'.
But I get the sentiments of your post and agree. 50x stronger?! wtf.

'the drug was probably 2C-E... about fifity times stronger than what we anticipated '

Where does it mention there that 2C-E is 50x stronger than 2C-B? All that hes saying there is the dose was 50X stronger than it should have been, he doesn't even know what 2C the drug was in the first place!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules