Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineroyer
±±±±±±±±±±

Loc: anywhere but here
can a dealer take off your tires and replace them with what ever they feel like?
    #11264287 - 10/17/09 07:15 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

so i have been having trouble with a used truck i bought, it has been having vibration issues with the front of the truck over 40 mph. EDIT: 2006 dodge ram with 18,000 miles

when i test drove the truck i felt it and was assured by the sale rep that it would be fixed 100%.

so after 4 times the truck still has the issue, i was told was going to be fixed before i even picked up the truck. every time they told me that they balanced my wheels and it fixed it. (um no it never did)

so this last time they had it for 2 weeks.

i get a call yesterday that my truck is fixed. i am hoping it is but from all the other visits i am doubtful.

i get there and they replaced my 75% tread snow pros with brand new shitty high way tires (yea it just started snowing here and these tires will have to come off asap because they are useless)

so i ask why they changed my shit with out my permission, with out any contact of what they were even planning to do with my truck.

the manager tells me " dude , you just got 800 dollars worth of free tires, quit bitching and be happy"

and then i was asked to leave and "have a nice day Mr.xx xx"

yea i am ready to flip out and take the truck right through the middle of the dealer.

i drive the truck and the issue is still there but now it is worse and i have shitty tires.

i asked for my old tires back and they threw them out!!

can they do this with out my permission?

--------------------
=================================================
if you have any questions please feel free to pm me , thx :-)

Edited by royer (10/17/09 07:21 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: can a dealer take off your tires and replace them with what ever they feel like? [Re: royer]
    #11264296 - 10/17/09 07:20 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

BBB.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

InvisibleUnholyChild666
I'M GOD
Male
Loc: Flag
Re: can a dealer take off your tires and replace them with what ever they feel like? [Re: royer]
    #11264297 - 10/17/09 07:20 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

If it's sold as is there's not much you can do

--------------------

"I am the Highest Power the leader of the pack"

Actiavte My Dream Sequence Machine

GOD of the hologram earth

Offlineroyer
±±±±±±±±±±

Re: can a dealer take off your tires and replace them with what ever they feel like? [Re: UnholyChild666]
    #11264302 - 10/17/09 07:23 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

what does being sold as is have to do with them taking off my tires with out my permission?

--------------------

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#11264308 - 10/17/09 07:25 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Do you have flat spots in your tires?  I can happen from bad bearings, shit like that.  I'd definitely have a third party look at your tie rod ends, ball joints, wheel bearings, etc.  Flat spots in your tires can make it sound like something is vibrating or rotating, all in conjunction with the speed you're moving.

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Loc: Dirdy SOUF Flag
    #11264310 - 10/17/09 07:27 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

royer said:
what does being sold as is have to do with them taking off my tires with out my permission?

From your post it sounds like you bought the truck before the problem was fixed and then you ended up driving it off the lot for the first time with a set of shitty tires you don't like. It sounds like you let a bunch of redneck truck dealers bend you over, unless you wanna clarify what happened.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

Offlineroyer
±±±±±±±±±±

Re: can a dealer take off your tires and replace them with what ever they feel like? [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #11264321 - 10/17/09 07:35 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

no i picked up my 2006 dodge ram 1500 with 18000 miles, with a set of nice snow pro tires on it.

dealer said they fixed the problem

it has been back and fourth 4 times since then for the same problem...

i have a slip saying they they  would fix the problem 100% if i bought the truck...

now they took my tires off with out my permission and i have a set of shitty tires on there (PUT ON YESTERDAY!)

problem still there and shitty tires now on truck..

my issue is that they never asked me or informed me that they were going to do so because i would have had different tire put on and happily paid any difference if there was any.

i already am in contact with a lawyer about the truck not getting fixed when i have a slip saying it was going to be. Breach of Contract!

--------------------

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

#11264324 - 10/17/09 07:36 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

If they stole your tires take their sorry asses to court.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

Offlineroyer
±±±±±±±±±±

Re: can a dealer take off your tires and replace them with what ever they feel like? [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #11264354 - 10/17/09 07:53 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i am planning on it

breach of contract on the truck
stole my tires

i want compensation for the issue that is not being fixed even tho i was told it would be if i bought the truck (dodge deemed it normal driving now and said there is nothing else they will help me with)

new set of tires of my choice

or give me back my 18,000 dollars so i can go buy a different truck...

--------------------

OfflineCosmicFool
Psychoholic
 User Gallery

Loc: 203 Flag
    #11264366 - 10/17/09 08:01 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I don't know if it's different state to state or if it matters that you went to a dealer but when I worked at a garage we were required (by law) to hold on to any parts we replaced until the customer gave us permission (paid)

--------------------

Offlineroyer
±±±±±±±±±±

Re: can a dealer take off your tires and replace them with what ever they feel like? [Re: CosmicFool]
    #11264380 - 10/17/09 08:09 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

ya that is pretty much what i think the law is here, also the tires that were on my truck cost 1400 and they replaced them with 800 dollars ones  (tires for the stock 20 inch rims are expensive)

--------------------

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger

#11264422 - 10/17/09 08:36 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Just don't lose your cool with them. I work in retail location and most people can get whatever they want if they keep complaining...but if they lose their cool we deem them crazy and will not help.

If they will not do anythng for you contact the bbb<>better business bureau.Make a formal complaint...this normally gets faxed directly to the owners/upper management of the establishment.

InvisibleGlenners
Rhymenosaurus

Re: can a dealer take off your tires and replace them with what ever they feel like? [Re: Tomandjerry58]
    #11264479 - 10/17/09 08:55 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Better business bureau, or bring them to court. I wouldn't let them touch the truck after starting that stuff though because they might start fucking with other parts on the truck to fuck you over.

Offlineroyer
±±±±±±±±±±

Re: can a dealer take off your tires and replace them with what ever they feel like? [Re: Glenners]
    #11264520 - 10/17/09 09:07 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i also didn't mention when i was in there (the 2nd time) the sales man came over and asked that i stop by his desk when i was done in service.

so i go over and he says have a seat, i do

he basically leans forward and whispered

" if you want to pull the lawyer card you will loose, the truck has no safety issues and has been deemed normal by the mfg"

i told him that he said he would fix it 100% and that i have the paperwork to prove it and he stated "that there is nothing i can do because i was not knowingly lied to and again there is no safety issue!"...

bull shit

i thought one of 2 things after i left, the guy was trying to scare me in to just living with it

or

the manager reamed him out and told him that he is going to have to pay for what he promised , after he realized he was fucked he got angry and tried the "I'm going to scare him " approach

not me ,i never ,NEVER back down or take shit from no one

--------------------

Edited by royer (10/17/09 09:08 AM)

OfflineNeuron
Tek Savant
Male

Loc: @meriKa
Re: can a dealer take off your tires and replace them with what ever they feel like? [Re: Glenners]
    #11264526 - 10/17/09 09:09 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

OP- not sure why you made a thread, since you're already in touch with a lawyer. But you're on the right track, and justice will be served.

Make sure your suit includes lawyer fees, brand new snow tires, free installation, and making sure the thing is perfectly fixed with verification from an outside mechanic/source.

good luck man, sorry you have to deal with this crap.

--------------------

Offlineroyer
±±±±±±±±±±

Re: can a dealer take off your tires and replace them with what ever they feel like? [Re: Neuron]
    #11264532 - 10/17/09 09:11 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

just frustrated i guess and wanted to know what others thought about the situation, sorry for the rant and thx for the helpful information everyone

--------------------

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

#11264550 - 10/17/09 09:15 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I will say this: If you could afford an $18,000 truck I can't understand why you would buy one with problems. It sounds like they've been fucking from the get-go. Anyway, good luck.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:

Offlineroyer
±±±±±±±±±±

#11264589 - 10/17/09 09:27 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

low miles
flawless truck
for a good price
with a bed tool box
cargo extender
and a 3 thousand dollar leer cap that was custom painted to match the truck with a light kit and a locking gun cabinet (attached to the roof of the cap).

i was told that the truck was going to be fixed so i didn't think much about it, i mean this thing is BRAND NEW

not once did i  think a brand new truck was going to be deemed with a permanent problem.

who does?

--------------------

OfflineNeuron
Tek Savant
Male

Loc: @meriKa
    #11264603 - 10/17/09 09:31 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yeah OP, it's not your fault. Don't worry about the Negative Nancy's posting.

good luck with your case, and be sure to tell your lawyer about the 'threat/scare tactic' if not done so already.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #11264712 - 10/17/09 10:03 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

royer said:
i was told that the truck was going to be fixed so i didn't think much about it,

was it fixed?

idio mentioned a couple of issues it could have been, it also could gave
been busted belts in the tires or a dozen other things that may have
caused the issues... dont sweat it, it's just tires and snow tires tend
to be noisy anyway

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale