Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Space Tourism Is Becoming Commonplace
    #11185439 - 10/05/09 07:55 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Space Adventures says ready to send 2 tourists on each space trip

KOROLYOV (Moscow Region), October 2 (RIA Novosti) - The U.S. firm Space Adventures said on Friday it will be able to send two space tourists into orbit on Soyuz spacecraft from 2012 onwards.

Space Adventures has been authorized by the Russian Federal Space Agency Roscosmos to select and contract candidates for space tourist trips.

"We have been working on this project for a number of years. Each Soyuz will carry two tourists and a professional astronaut. One of the tourists will have to pass a year-and-a-half training course as a flight engineer," said Sergey Kostenko, the head of the company's office in Russia.

The official said Russia's RSC Energia corporation has the capacity to build five Soyuz spacecraft per year instead of four, meaning that Space Adventures will be able to use at least one Soyuz for space tourism purposes.

"The International Space Station (ISS) program requires four Soyuz spacecraft per year, and we have been informed by RSC Energia that they will be able to increase the annual production to five spacecraft," Kostenko said.

He added that Space Adventures would pay for the construction of the spaceship, the launch services and the salary of a Russian cosmonaut as crew commander.

The official also said the company already had a number of candidates who were willing to pay for trips into space, including Russian-born American billionaire and Google co-founder Sergey Brin.

At present, the price of a 10-day trip to the ISS for a tourist is estimated at about $35 million.

Space tourists started flying to the International Space Station in 2001. Dennis Tito, an American businessman and former NASA scientist, became the first space tourist when he visited the ISS in 2001. He was followed by South African computer millionaire Mark Shuttleworth in 2002, and Gregory Olsen, a U.S. entrepreneur and scientist, in 2005.

In 2006, Anousheh Ansari, a U.S. citizen of Iranian descent, became the first female space tourist.

U.S. games developer Richard Garriott, the son of former NASA astronaut Owen K. Garriott, went into orbit for 11 days in October 2008 on board a Russian Soyuz TMA-13.

U.S. space tourist Charles Simonyi, one of the founders of Microsoft, made two trips to the ISS - in 2005 and 2009.

Guy Laliberte, the Canadian founder of entertainment company Cirque du Soleil, arrived at the ISS on Friday and will stay on board until October 10.

RIA Novosti

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemozhual
Amateur Omnologist
 User Gallery

Loc: New England
Re: Space Tourism Is Becoming Commonplace [Re: Diploid]
    #11185903 - 10/05/09 10:00 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yep. It is a step in the right direction for the long term, but we still have a lot of earthly obstacles to over come before it can really get interesting.

--------------------
"Nature is like a sculptor constantly improving upon her work, but to do so she chisels away at living flesh." H.K. Bloom

"Is God willing to prevent evil but not able? Then he is not omnipotent...
Is he able but not willing? Then he is malevolent...
Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him god." Epicurus c. 300 BCE

"When I brought up the fact that 'No drug is good or bad, they're all just A drug, what someone does with them determines the postive or negative outcome. Look at medicine, those are drugs' Reponse was that 'well medicine solves problems' well so does LSD." -Learningtofly

Offlinehidenseek
loafter
Male

Loc: Etoba-mi-coke
Re: Space Tourism Is Becoming Commonplace [Re: mozhual]
    #11185918 - 10/05/09 10:03 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

it be like futurerama the moon will just become a giant theame park, unless aliens attack it might be our first line of defense, you think thell leave the moon landing thingy from one some step for man, or sell it on ebay?

Invisiblemozhual
Amateur Omnologist
 User Gallery

Re: Space Tourism Is Becoming Commonplace [Re: hidenseek]
    #11186111 - 10/05/09 10:46 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Americans would have a fit if anyone disturbed those foot print or that flag. Even though in all legality they don't own any of it.

--------------------
"Nature is like a sculptor constantly improving upon her work, but to do so she chisels away at living flesh." H.K. Bloom

"When I brought up the fact that 'No drug is good or bad, they're all just A drug, what someone does with them determines the postive or negative outcome. Look at medicine, those are drugs' Reponse was that 'well medicine solves problems' well so does LSD." -Learningtofly

OfflineIdiot
I Am Moron!
Male User Gallery

Loc: 41.90231, 12.45390 Flag
    #11202335 - 10/07/09 06:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Why not, Columbus stuck a flag in America and claimed it for Spain even though the Indians where there.

We managed to get there before anyone ever.

--------------------

Customize your Shroomery experience!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

InvisibleDieCommie

#11202394 - 10/07/09 06:09 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mozhual said:
Americans would have a fit if anyone disturbed those foot print or that flag. Even though in all legality they don't own any of it.

They are likely already disturbed from the thrusters of the eagle lander.

InvisibleChespirito
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#11202502 - 10/07/09 06:24 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mozhual said:

You are talking about possibly the greatest human accomplishment of all time.  Honestly Id love to go into space however I cant seem myself making enough money to accomplish that, itd be the highlight of my life if I could pull that off

Invisiblemozhual
Amateur Omnologist
 User Gallery

Re: Space Tourism Is Becoming Commonplace [Re: DieCommie]
    #11205798 - 10/08/09 04:57 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Oh yea most of the foot prints are gone no doubt. I would imagine though that the ones leading up to the flag and the place where they hit the golf ball and stuff would be undisturbed and considered important by some. I could care less though.

--------------------

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 45º parallel Flag
    #11262905 - 10/16/09 10:05 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

honestly is it really tourism when you have to train for almmost 2 years to accomplish your goal, is that really a vacation or more like an endeavorer or a hobby.\\\

Space is about to become privatized and rapidly. Its a shame that NASA's work that has been done in the past 50 years is going to get stomped on by the major corporations all the things NASA went threw, all teh training and experimenting and all the effort and work that went into making all these discoveries and technologies, is all going to get forgoten as big SPACE becomes privatized and turned into a profit. They will first fund themselves, by sending people into space, to fund future efforts to industrialize space. Itll be much more reasonable to just make space crafts in space, rather then on earth and have to waste all that energy getting into orbit. Once they can mine the moon and asteroids, being a worker in outter space will become the #1 most dangerous job, and naturally Discovery channel will host a TV show about it.

--------------------

I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Offlinehidenseek
loafter
Male

Loc: Etoba-mi-coke
Re: Space Tourism Is Becoming Commonplace [Re: snoot]
    #11264656 - 10/17/09 09:46 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

imagine space travel was easy to go anywhere, it be way easy to set up a cult or a terriost group, your own religion, even make your own history on a empty planet, people would believe you if its all they knew

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 45º parallel Flag
Re: Space Tourism Is Becoming Commonplace [Re: hidenseek]
    #11265096 - 10/17/09 11:27 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

as we gain knowledge of how the universe works, things will be discovered.

--------------------

I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds