Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleshroomiin
unprofound

Loc: Zone 6 Flag
Demon's Souls!
    #11231598 - 10/12/09 06:29 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

anyone have it? i got it yesterday just becausei wanted somthin' new and it got a 9/10 rating..supposedly best game out for ps3 as of right now as far as ratings goo...so i thought i would give it a shot..

i only played it for a little bit but let me tell you it is HARD and frustrating...the levels are so long and there arnt any checkpoints or anything. you lose, your going back to the start. other than that its a pretty sweet game. really nice fighting dynamics and moves that the player has.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledespisedicon
Stranger

Loc: Flag
Re: Demon's Souls! [Re: shroomiin]
    #11232824 - 10/12/09 12:15 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Looks pretty fun and challenging.  I watched a stream of it yesterday and it seems awesome.  Now PS3 has one game.

OfflineJair
Smeghead
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast
Re: Demon's Souls! [Re: despisedicon]
    #11236961 - 10/12/09 11:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I bought this game the day it came out.  I am very picky when it comes to my games and it has been months since I have purchased one; but I must say that Demon's Souls is blowing me away.

I will try to write up a review here within the next few days but for now, just know that it is absolutely gorgeous.

--------------------

Invisibleshroomiin
unprofound

Re: Demon's Souls! [Re: Jair]
    #11239046 - 10/13/09 11:56 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i have not had too much of an oppertunity to play. i have been busy i played it for about 2 hours or so, but i could not even pass the 1st level. hahaha, but it sounds like you love it...so i guess i have more to look forward to than just 6 immpossible levels? how are the weapons and things like that later on?

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over Flag
    #11239558 - 10/13/09 01:37 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Dude.. This fucking game! My friend bought it, I spent nearly the entire weekend playing it, nonstop. It's so hard and addicting, I'm definitely going to pick it up. So fun!!

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over Flag
    #11239567 - 10/13/09 01:38 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

shroomiin said:
i have been busy i played it for about 2 hours or so, but i could not even pass the 1st level.

Took us like 3 days to pass the 3rd level, LOL!

Granted, we were switching off and stuff.

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Demon's Souls! [Re: Brugman]
    #11244455 - 10/14/09 07:28 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

if you havn't played demon souls then don't read this!  as id hate to spoil anything

the one thing i really hate about the game is that there is ZERO story.  its basically like your a level 1 charactor dropped into a level 99 WOW game, ive never played wow but it seems fitting.

its just like these bosses and weird hard mini bosses come completly out of no where, you have no idea where your going, or why really other than to kill and take souls.

i just wish there was more direction so i knew where i was sopposed to go, and honestly the craziest part of all was the tutorial, i was sitting there learning all the moves n crap and then i walk into a room and SMASH i get hit by a giant fucking rock golem or something, die instantly, and suddenly im in fairly land, then im running around in the after life trying to collect souls to revive myself and when i finally do im even more confused because i don't respawn where that golem was that killed me.

other than the zero story, it really is the best RPG ive played since morrowind.  there just needs to be more direction, i run around spending all the heal items i have only to realize i can't beat the boss or i die, and now i don't have any healths to get back to my 10k souls...and the worst part is being a magican for some reason i can never find potions to buy:cruelworld:  its like you run into 3 people and then the 4th one has them, yet the most logical spot where you should be able to buy them you can't.  so now my magican has basically turned soilder with sword and bow WTF

anyways/endrant

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Invisibleshroomiin
unprofound

Re: Demon's Souls! [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #11245346 - 10/14/09 11:23 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

hahaha i feel you on that one man. i spent all last night playing until like 3am...and all i accomplished  was beating the 1st half of the first world. i tried a few different types of characters and determined that  i think the hunter is the best class to choose.

but either way i think the fact that it has no real story is part of the beauty of the game. it has enough of a story if you watch the cutscenes, but it appeals to more experienced players because of the  difficulty level, and also it reminds me of more oldschool games for ps1, where the object was to just kill and gain level...like dynasty warriors for exammple...the game is hard yes, and wont appeal to everyone but ilike it.

InvisibleChespirito
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#11246318 - 10/14/09 02:13 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ah I bought Uncharted 2 instead of Demon Souls.  I saw both in the store however Uncharted has been hailed as one of the best games of this decade so I got it.  And honestly yea its fucking amazing, really a remarkably well made game.  That said Ill pick Demon Souls up in a few weeks probably, hopefully get a used copy.  I thought about buying both games but the reviews I read of this made it sound beyond hard

OfflineJair
Smeghead
Male User Gallery

#11256726 - 10/15/09 10:21 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

For anyone having trouble using their items only to die and then be stuck in a neverending spiral of not being able to progress-

Try farming items and souls, whenever you can spend your souls, do it.  You might lose them so it's better just to get your stats up or something.

--------------------

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Demon's Souls! [Re: Jair]
    #11256899 - 10/15/09 10:47 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

the more you up your stats the harder the enemys get, altho it you can get away with a few points without it happening.

the key is really just pretending your in the game.....fight every single enemy smart and wisely, walk with your shield up....and find the first real boss as he's easy.  also when starting out put your points in vitality, especially if your a mage.  vitality, and good weapons do help alot.  oh and if your a mage with that magic arrow get yourself like 6-8 spices and stand on the watchtower :smile:

--------------------

Invisibleshroomiin
unprofound

Re: Demon's Souls! [Re: Chespirito]
    #11258244 - 10/16/09 07:02 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yeah i want to get uncharted as well, i also need to pick up modern warfare 2 and UFC 2k10 when it comes out.

InvisibleChespirito
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#11260326 - 10/16/09 02:27 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yea definitely a lot of games coming out in a few months. I might buy Tekken 6 also, though Ill probably rent it first as I haven't always been impressed with Tekken.

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

Loc: athens Flag
    #11263096 - 10/16/09 10:49 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

how open are the levels? is it like oblivion where you can wander the world or more like devil may cry?

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Demon's Souls! [Re: JT]
    #11263399 - 10/17/09 12:14 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

more like devils maycry, but unlike oblivion, everything has a personal touch to it, so because of this its actually more immersive.  in otherwords your going to be saying holy shit alot.  it just really puts you in the body of your character and the "creative" world really draws you in.... over half of obilvion was randomly generated....thats not creative and it showed like a sore thumb....morrowind rocked thow.

--------------------

InvisibleChespirito
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#11263667 - 10/17/09 01:38 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:
over half of obilvion was randomly generated....thats not creative and it showed like a sore thumb....morrowind rocked thow.

No way thats true at all.  Ive never seen any cave or level or city that looked different the second time through.  You are thinking of Daggerfall.  Though honestly I prefer the randomly generated thing if its done well

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #11263926 - 10/17/09 03:36 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

no im saying when they made the game they did that....landscapes and caves for example...hell even parts of the main plot with the gates.  theres lots of content but it doesnt matter if it doesnt feel unique.  they were just lazy and caved in for consoles with oblivion, that and im sure it was rushed out the door. but the bottom line here is the details, everywhere you go feels different, looks different, different enemys and bosses.  it just feels good playing this game.  oblivion just felt like it was all about graphics, most of the towns had that generated feel/look to them.

the worst part is how they managed to ruin just about everything that was good about morrowind.

but the nice thing about demon souls is how they basicly gave a whole new look to rpgs, it doesnt have all the things i would have wanted but its just something unique in how well everything works together, it just feels like a fresh rpg.

--------------------

InvisibleChespirito
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#11263994 - 10/17/09 04:27 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Hm well our views on Morrowind and Oblivion are basically orthogonal.  I grew very bored of Morrowind after 100 or so hours as all the missions are virtually identical.  I mean it was impressive how much content they fit into that game, but I can only do the same missions a certain number of times before it gets old.

However Ill give Demon Souls a try in the future, Ill have to decide between Tekken and it so we'll see

Invisibleshroomiin
unprofound

#11264440 - 10/17/09 08:41 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yea i recoomend demos souls too, but i think oblivion was a great game..one of my fav rpg's.

OfflineJair
Smeghead
Male User Gallery

#11266335 - 10/17/09 03:37 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I have been playing a lot lately.  All of my smoking buddies are getting way into it, it's a shame you can only have 4 character slots...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale