Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Morning Glory Seeds, Mycobags

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinekush420
Psychedelic Wonderland
Male User Gallery

HELP Morning Glory / LSA
    #11262976 - 10/17/09 12:25 AM (8 years, 3 days ago)

I recently heard about Morning Glory seeds and after researching it on various sites, I wanted to try some for myself. I was told that "Heavenly Blue" is the best, and that I should make sure they are organic. So after doing a google search I come across edenbrothers.com that not only has Morning Glory "Heavenly Blue" seeds that are organic, they are also real cheap. Excited, I ordered around 3500 seeds just in case my first attempt to trip didn't happen or didn't yield the results I wanted, I could just try again. When the confirmation email comes, I notice that it says I ordered Morning Glory "Heavenly Blue" - Ipomoea purpurea. I ran a search for it, and come to find out that "Ipomoea Purpurea" is the type of Morning Glory that does not have LSA in it. My thinking is, since these are Heavenly Blue (or at least the site claims they are), they should contain LSA, and I should be able to trip off them, but the whole "ipomoea purpurea" not containing LSA thing is throwing me off and has me thinking I just bought the wrong thing. What do you guys think? Should they work? This is what I ordered: http://www.edenbrothers.com/store/morning_glory_heavenlyblue_seeds.html
I heard "ipomoea purpurea" are supposed to sprout purple flowers, yet the picture on the website clearly shows blue flowers which are associated with Heavenly Blue.

--------------------
redoing signature.. for now heres some carots ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekydelic
Stranger
Male

Re: HELP Morning Glory / LSA [Re: kush420]
    #11263071 - 10/17/09 12:44 AM (8 years, 3 days ago)

A species name is more standardized than common names. I, personally, can't stand using common names, the binomial system has so much more information in a name.

Anyways, a quick wikipedia search shows that Ipomoea purpurea does, in fact, contain LSA. Heavenly Blue seems more of a specific cultivar.

--------------------
http://flickr.com/photos/mycography - A collection of my fungal photography

OfflineCrowsonator
Cubensis Hunter
Male

Loc: Cloud 9
Re: HELP Morning Glory / LSA [Re: kydelic]
    #11263093 - 10/17/09 12:49 AM (8 years, 2 days ago)

yes i must say that i have had better trips on Heavens Gate and flying Saucers..the best thing to  do with lsa through  is about 5 grams of dried cubes...Gives me the psychic effect as me and my friends call it,,, try it out when you get the chance

--------------------
If you Build it ...They will come

Offlinekush420
Psychedelic Wonderland
Male User Gallery

Re: HELP Morning Glory / LSA [Re: Crowsonator]
    #11263214 - 10/17/09 01:13 AM (8 years, 2 days ago)

kydelic,
I looked it up on wikipedia (which you cant completely trust because anyone can edit a page to say whatever they want) and it has two completely different pages. One page states absolutely nothing about LSA, while the other looks like someone just edited the LSA info onto the page. Going though google, information on whether or not ipomoea purpurea contained LSA was conflicted. Most of the sites stated that only Ipomoea violacea, and Ipomoea tricolor contained LSA, while less than a handful of people on forums stated that ipomoea purpurea contains LSA. Erowid doesn't even list ipomoea purpurea, only violacea and tricolor. Through further research, ipomoea purpurea was stated to be Crimson Rambler instead of Heavenly Blue, Flying Saucers etc. It was also in these forums where I read that
Quote:

gnrm23 said:
an examination of the literature as regards alkaloid content of seeds in the morning glory family indicates that I. purpurea is devoid of lysergic acid derivatives... (the one instance of a low concentration of lysegic alkaloids is believed to have been due to a contamination of the seedlot under examination by some I. violacea (= I. tricolor) seeds...
short answer: no, crimson rambler won't get you high...
...i think that the relevant data may be available either at lycaeum or erowid someplace... 

I came across two other threads on here with users stating the same thing and that further tests on ipomoea purpurea was conducted and every time no instance of LSA came up. I also read on grasscity that a user ate 300 of these and didn't feel a thing, but I know that some people feel absolutely nothing while other users get blasted. I'm planning on just trying these anyways and hope they work.

--------------------
redoing signature.. for now heres some carots ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Offlinekush420
Psychedelic Wonderland
Male User Gallery

#11263273 - 10/17/09 01:27 AM (8 years, 2 days ago)

Thanks for the help guys but I found this while going through the faqs on erowid. Don't know how I didn't find that earlier and why this information isn't more widely known.
Quote:

It's pretty clear that the latin names of this plant are somewhat confused (which is typical). Ipomoea purpurea, Ipomoea tricolor, Ipomoea violacea and Ipomoea rubro-caerulea are all the same plant.

~~~~~ http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_faq.shtml

--------------------

Offlinekydelic
Stranger
Male

#11263382 - 10/17/09 02:06 AM (8 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

(which you cant completely trust because anyone can edit a page to say whatever they want)

Wikipedia has a decent system of editors and such that maintain it, but I think that's the beauty in it. A good analogy would be open source software and closed-source software. In both terms of security and code elegance, open-source wins out nearly every time, and it operates on the same principles as wikipedia...anyone can edit the code (which can be even more disastrous) and submit it, but the beauty truly lies in the fact that since anyone can, most people would like to show their knowledge or at least spread knowledge and will generally fix errors. If there is inconsistency, many times it can be traced to conflicting information, like you experienced.

Good luck though, let us know how it goes! Cold water extraction may be useful as well.

--------------------
http://flickr.com/photos/mycography - A collection of my fungal photography

Offlinekush420
Psychedelic Wonderland
Male User Gallery

Re: HELP Morning Glory / LSA [Re: kydelic]
    #11320399 - 10/25/09 08:58 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Well it turns out that ipomoea purpurea aren't active. Ate about 200, didn't feel a damn thing. So I waited a few days, and ground up 830 in a blender, taking a break every few seconds so the blades don't get hot, ground them up until they were pretty much all powder, let them soak in cold purified water for about 15 minutes, ran it through a coffee filter, drank over a period of 5 minutes, and didn't feel anything whatsoever. Not even nausea. Absolutely nothin. However, when I first received the seeds I ate 50 just to see how they would hit me, and after feeling nothing after 5 hours, I decided to smoke a blunt with my friend and it was the highest I've ever been. My entire body went numb and the room was rotating left and right. Also when I laid down on my bed later and closed my eyes, a spot in the back of my head went ice cold and it felt like there was a trail of energy connected to that cold spot on my head and it was floating around in an empty black space, and I was just floating on that trail of energy. And then I felt like I wasn't in my room, I was somewhere else, and in my mind, I saw myself shooting straight up into the sky like I was a space shuttle. I saw the ground and clouds flying past me until I reached the top of the earth where I encountered what I think was a barrier in my mind. I kept just reaching space, and the second I got out there I kept getting sent back down. I got sent back down about 4 or 5 times before I felt like I knew how to break through the barrier this time, but as I was flying upward again, my other friend called and I had to leave to pick him up. At the time I thought this was me trying to break out of my body and if i broke that barrier at the top of the world and got out into space, I would have had an out of body experience. It might have just been really dank weed, but I'm thinking there is some sort of connection between something in the seeds (not the LSA or anything because the seeds aren't active) that boosted the high I got from smoking. I gave up on morning glory for now until I find a website where I'm sure that the seeds are active, fresh and untreated. Also I've never shroomed before, but I'm receiving some puerto rican spore syringes in the mail that I'm hoping will grow as long as I do it right (mycobag). Cant wait to shroom for the first time, I've been waiting forever. :grin:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Morning Glory Seeds, Mycobags

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience