Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDuckij
Stranger

id please
    #11261532 - 10/16/09 05:43 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Habitat:
Woodlands/Grassy(ish)

Gills:
gray, attached to stem.

Stem:
3inches length, 1inch diameter white, smooth, solid, thick

Cap:
3.5 inch diameter, white & brown, smooth, concave.

Spore print color:
brown/black

Other information:
Found growing in dirt, but there were lots of dead leaves as well... is it bad if they're growing in dead leaves..? I don't really know.

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad339/Duckij/Picture22.jpg
http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad339/Duckij/Picture23.jpg
http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad339/Duckij/Picture24.jpg
http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad339/Duckij/Picture25.jpg

--------------------

the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!"

Jack Kerouac

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethetonebone72
Hunter -Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: id please [Re: Duckij]
    #11261556 - 10/16/09 05:45 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Those might just be the crappiest pics I've seen in an ID request:wink:

--------------------
Hunt On, Good Fellow

OfflineDuckij
Stranger

Re: id please [Re: thetonebone72]
    #11261559 - 10/16/09 05:46 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

better than none I guess.. =/ any clue?

--------------------

the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!"

Jack Kerouac

InvisibleIeponumos
Mycophile/Phytophile
Male User Gallery

#11261606 - 10/16/09 05:54 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

thetonebone72 said:
Those might just be the crappiest pics I've seen in an ID request;)

THIS.

--------------------
]

OfflineDuckij
Stranger

Re: id please [Re: Ieponumos]
    #11261657 - 10/16/09 05:59 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks guys great help :wink:

I gave a description and the best pictures I could provide, no need to bash on it trolls :smile:

--------------------

Jack Kerouac

Offlinethetonebone72
Hunter -Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #11261955 - 10/16/09 06:47 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Duckij said:
Thanks guys great help :wink:

I gave a description and the best pictures I could provide, no need to bash on it trolls :smile:

Not trying to be a douche but without an accurate description and several clear photos there is no way to provide a useful ID request. Anything else is guesswork and the TI's can't be trusted if they are randomly guessing at crappily photo'd, poorly described mushrooms!

Quote:

Duckij said:
Habitat:
Woodlands/Grassy(ish)

Gills:
gray, attached to stem.
Whitish to cream from what I can see in the pics
Stem:
3inches length, 1inch diameter white, smooth, solid, thick
closer to 4 in. and whitish at top fading to pallid, reddish. That stem is only 1/2 inch thick. I'm sorry but that is not even close to one inch!
Cap:
3.5 inch diameter, white & brown, smooth, concave.
cap is closer to 2 inches unless you have sasquatch hands
Spore print color:
brown/black

Other information:
Found growing in dirt, but there were lots of dead leaves as well... is it bad if they're growing in dead leaves..? I don't really know.

Here is a key for dark spored mushrooms. http://www.mushroomexpert.com/gilled_dark.html It's probably one of those.

--------------------
Hunt On, Good Fellow

OfflineDuckij
Stranger

#11262282 - 10/16/09 08:06 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well I didnt see them on that site boys.. but I tell ya, im tripping balls, i did what no hunter should do, just tried it. (don't be like me, stupid.) >_>

--------------------

Jack Kerouac

Invisiblecyantific
Trusted Masturbator

Loc: Shakashuri Island
    #11262297 - 10/16/09 08:10 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Duckij said:
Well I didnt see them on that site boys.. but I tell ya, im tripping balls, i did what no hunter should do, just tried it. (don't be like me, stupid.) >_>

didnt sound too promising from the description ... has his doubts lol

InvisibleIeponumos
Mycophile/Phytophile
Male User Gallery

#11262320 - 10/16/09 08:15 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Duckij said:

Err... Good luck to you. I don't know what to say. You yourself claimed you acted against your better judgment, so I hope you know how to detect symptoms of poisoning. Don't go committing suicide on us now.

--------------------
]

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
    #11262326 - 10/16/09 08:17 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Duckij said:

:billymaythumbup:

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

Invisiblevjp
Canowicakte
 User Gallery

Loc: Ste-ye-hah' mah
Trusted Identifier
Re: id please [Re: YESSUP]
    #11262351 - 10/16/09 08:23 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

no your not.

Those have white gills and look nothing like a active mushroom, even though the pictures blow.

I doubt you ate them. If you did your not tripping. You might want to go to the hospital if you get start feeling sick.

Edited by vjp (10/16/09 08:24 PM)

InvisibleIeponumos
Mycophile/Phytophile
Male User Gallery

Re: id please [Re: vjp]
    #11262364 - 10/16/09 08:27 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

vjp said:
no your not.

Those have white gills and look nothing like a active mushroom, even though the pictures blow.

I doubt you ate them. If you did your not tripping. You might want to go to the hospital if you get start feeling sick.

THIS TOO.

--------------------
]

OfflineDuckij
Stranger

#11262474 - 10/16/09 08:45 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

You guys really like to bash alot on this forum don't you? I thought that alot of mycology guides do say "Do not judge by the looks" so don't say it doesnt look active. Trust me they're active, I know they're active, they aren't the strongest ever but they've got me going and I dont care if you feel I'm wrong.

--------------------

Jack Kerouac

Invisiblevjp
Canowicakte
 User Gallery

Loc: Ste-ye-hah' mah
Trusted Identifier
    #11262486 - 10/16/09 08:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

rock on brother.  :headbanger:

InvisibleIeponumos
Mycophile/Phytophile
Male User Gallery

#11262502 - 10/16/09 08:50 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Duckij said:
You guys really like to bash alot on this forum don't you? I thought that alot of mycology guides do say "Do not judge by the looks" so don't say it doesnt look active. Trust me they're active, I know they're active, they aren't the strongest ever but they've got me going and I dont care if you feel I'm wrong.

That's all we can judge by. We can't smell it, we can't taste it, we can't do genetic analysis on it.  That, and your description, which helps insofar as it states it was growing in close proximity to a tree. You may not have to judge by sight alone, but we do. Also, I apologize for being an ass, but we do need a fair bit of information to identify. And on top of it to consume it without knowledge of what it is asks for death. You might as well play Russian Roulette.

--------------------
]

Edited by Ieponumos (10/16/09 09:00 PM)

Invisiblejohnnyblaze2316

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: West coast Flag
    #11262537 - 10/16/09 08:56 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

dude...
you did good on the description, its more than most people do, including me, but the pics are real bad. you can get a digi cam cheap on craigslist or something. but what we all see in those pics though, are white gills. thats how we know its not a psilocybe species. idk wtf it is, but if you really ate them you might want to consider going to the emergency room:shrug:

OfflineDuckij
Stranger

Re: id please [Re: johnnyblaze2316]
    #11262576 - 10/16/09 09:02 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I didn't really eat them... I made tea, didnt swallow any of them. Does that make a difference, if I feel any signs of poisoning I'll be going to the emergency room, otherwise another day of hunting tomorrow.

Could you guys link me to a guide which has identification help & information on where to look exactly. ( I heard golf courses & pastures.. but then I thought pesticides.)

--------------------

Jack Kerouac

InvisibleIeponumos
Mycophile/Phytophile
Male User Gallery

#11262601 - 10/16/09 09:05 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Duckij said:
I didn't really eat them... I made tea, didnt swallow any of them. Does that make a difference, if I feel any signs of poisoning I'll be going to the emergency room, otherwise another day of hunting tomorrow.

Could you guys link me to a guide which has identification help & information on where to look exactly. ( I heard golf courses & pastures.. but then I thought pesticides.)

http://www.shroomery.org/8461/Which-psilocybin-mushrooms-grow-wild-in-my-area For more informtion, click the "Search Forum" button in the top right corner of the page and type in the species name you are looking for and start lurking.

--------------------
]

Invisiblejohnnyblaze2316

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: West coast Flag
    #11262648 - 10/16/09 09:16 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

pesticides are nothing compared to amatoxins.

Offlineambc
mycominded
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Trusted Identifier
    #11262914 - 10/16/09 10:07 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Duckij said:

If you feel high from those it is almost certainly a case of the placebo syndrome, and on the very very slim chance that you actually are high from those then congratulations you have discovered a whole new class of active mushrooms... and i can say this because aside from the active amanitas (which that certainly isn't), there are no known actives with white gills. As for not judging by the looks that has to do with making a positive ID, you can easily rule out the possibility of it being any certain type of mushroom if any of the macroscopic characteristics are not present, and your mushroom does not posses the characteristics of a Psilocybe or a Gymnopilus. If you are sure you are tripping though, you should send a dried specimen to one of the people on the shroomery who can do microscopic analysis. Never eat any mushroom without positive ID!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale