Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Scales, Tacos

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineeel_oh_eel
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Loc: NW Ohio (USA)
Amanita FAIL
    #11261644 - 10/16/09 07:58 PM (8 years, 9 days ago)

So, I decided to try my first... Well, anything. I've never done any illicit substances. I've been reading about amanitas very carefully since I first discovered how plentiful they were around here (which was about a month ago.)

Yesterday seemed like an excellent day to try out my newfound knowledge. It was my favorite type of weather outside, the kind that naturally puts me in a peaceful and happy mood. My boyfriend was home (we live alone together) so I knew if anything went wrong he'd be there to take care of me. I had nothing to do for the evening, so all seemed well.

I decided to start with a relatively small dose - I don't have a proper scale, so I went with the "better safe than sorry" and used a fairly small amount - three somewhat small caps (about an inch and a half in diameter dried, couldn't be more than five grams.) They had been dried in front of a fan for the past five days or so. I put then in the oven at 190F for about ten minutes to crisp them so I could easily grind them in to a powder, then made them in to a tea by cooking them in water at about 190 for twenty minutes. I studied carefully enough that I'm fairly sure I'm safe there, but something obviously didn't go well so if anyone feels I did something improperly there, PLEASE inform me as to such!

Had my tea, sat and relaxed for about half an hour to make sure I wasn't immediately going to vomit or something since I've heard some nasty reports of nausea come as a side effect. Got up to eat a taco, got through half a taco before I started feeling very nauseous. Which isn't that surprising for me, I've never been the healthiest person on earth. Sat down on the couch and cuddled with the boy waiting for the nausea to pass. At this point, it was about an hour after I consumed my tea. I was feeling no effects besides the terrible nausea. After another fifteen minutes or so, I went to lay down in bed as it was getting pretty bad. I napped for a little bit because at that point, I just wanted not to feel sick.

Woke up about half an hour later. I still felt sick, but wasn't feeling like I was about to vomit. Got up to wander to the livingroom, and I experienced two unusual feelings - The first was that my brain was 'chattering.' I kept having thoughts, and then quickly losing them as another thought interrupted. I couldn't keep to one thought. The second probably would have been really awesome were I not feeling sick - Every time I moved my head at a slight angle, I felt like the whole world sharply tilted that way. I was perpetually trying to keep my balance. Good times!

Now, here's the REALLY CLIMACTIC part!

I then, completely unintentionally, promptly fell asleep upon sitting down on the couch.

I was not in any way tired prior to trying this, was quite awake - The nausea just kicked my butt apparently. I don't smoke, or do any other drugs for the record, so I'm going to do some more research to try to find a way to help quell the nausea before trying anything again.

//edit

Also, as far as my dosing goes, it might be relevant to know that I weight 110 pounds. (I think most places say a low-dose is about ten grams, but that probably assumed a much larger individual.)

Edited by eel_oh_eel (10/16/09 08:03 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblei hate liz
aHhahhHA
 User Gallery

Loc: winchestertonfieldville i...
Re: Amanita FAIL [Re: eel_oh_eel]
    #11261670 - 10/16/09 08:00 PM (8 years, 9 days ago)

you mean more than five grams?

--------------------

Offlineeel_oh_eel
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Re: Amanita FAIL [Re: i hate liz]
    #11261689 - 10/16/09 08:02 PM (8 years, 9 days ago)

Er, YES, I meant grams. :P Let me go fix that.

Invisiblei hate liz
aHhahhHA
 User Gallery

#11261711 - 10/16/09 08:07 PM (8 years, 9 days ago)

lol okay..just making sure
i was gonna say..5 ounces? holy shit.

yeah i've heard of a lot of bad experiences with amanita and people saying it isn't worth it
nausea is common with them

i would go with psilocybin mushrooms
much better experience
sounds like you got a minor mind fuck

sorry about your unfortunate experience
good luck!

--------------------

Offlineeel_oh_eel
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Re: Amanita FAIL [Re: i hate liz]
    #11261742 - 10/16/09 08:11 PM (8 years, 9 days ago)

I think next time I'll do it with a little food in my stomach first (which I know can ruin effects, but I know by experience that my stomach is a lot more sensitive when it's empty.)

I'll also cook them a good deal longer I think. I'd rather risk ruining the good chemicals, than risk not cooking out all of the bad ones, I think :P

Research is my friend. Now that I know what to expect, I know moreso what specifics I need to learn how to combat.

//edit

Oh, I just remembered while trying to recall the evening - I did have some very minor auditory hallucination. After being woken up from sleeping on the couch and going to bed, before falling asleep, I kept swearing I could hear someone playing my keyboard in the other room.

Again, I live alone with my boyfriend, and we were both in bed. It didn't really freak me out, as I was sober enough to be aware that it was probably the result of what I was eatin'.

Edited by eel_oh_eel (10/16/09 08:14 PM)

Invisiblei hate liz
aHhahhHA
 User Gallery

#11261870 - 10/16/09 08:34 PM (8 years, 9 days ago)

ahahah that's awesome
(the auditory part)

yeah with psilocybin you'll get full blown hallucinations and all that good stuff
i don't really get nausea from them either

hope you have a great time
:cheers::bye:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Scales, Tacos

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports