Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinea.human.being
Stranger
Male
Loc: yamhil co, OR
Cow Pastures
    #11259908 - 10/16/09 01:08 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I've been hunting for a couple handfuls of seasons now, w/ mostly modest finds, and I pretty much stick to grassy/woody areas. But I see many pictures, and hear of all kinds of glorious patches that people find in cow pastures and areas like that- But whenever I'm looking at those beautiful stretches of grass, and cows, and crap, I feel like whatever farmer or resident would not be happy about me being in his field, and it seems as visually exposed as an area could get. Do you just hop the fence and hope for the best, or do the field-owners normally not care that you're in their field looking for actives? How does one go about it? Am I missing something?

This feels like a stupid question, but hey, someones gotta ask 'em.
Thanx,
Peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
Re: Cow Pastures [Re: a.human.being]
    #11259940 - 10/16/09 01:14 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

The best cow pasture hunting grounds are in the US south, not in the PNW. If you are lucky you'll find some Panaeolus cinctulus. Even Psilocybe semilanceata don't like cow pastures much. Better look for them in marshlands. Where you are located you are best off going after woodloving species like Psilocybe cyanescens and Psilocybe azurescens.

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

Offlinea.human.being
Stranger
Male
Loc: yamhil co, OR
Re: Cow Pastures [Re: German Kahuna]
    #11259986 - 10/16/09 01:25 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the advice- but from other hunters that I've talked to in oregon have told me that the plentiful pastures in northern oregon have been good to them. I was aiming more to ask, "how" one goes about searching cow pastures without being bothered by owners/the boys in blue, and all that kind of jazz.

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

#11260024 - 10/16/09 01:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well, of course you can find stuff in cow pastures. It just depends what you are looking for.

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #11260054 - 10/16/09 01:43 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

"how" one goes about searching cow pastures without being bothered by owners/the boys in blue, and all that kind of jazz.

Ask the farmer for permission to hunt for edible mushrooms.

Invisiblepheral
Strangest
Male

Loc: Forest dweller
    #11260291 - 10/16/09 02:19 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Study Paddock Eg Roads,driveways,parking Houses,buildings Entries,exits Treelines Creeks ETC n Eventually You work out Where you can b seen n Where you Cant. Knowledge of local Eco systems of Benefit if ever Approached

Offlinethelaughingman
Bulbous Poopaloid
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central WA
Re: Cow Pastures [Re: pheral]
    #11260318 - 10/16/09 02:25 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Like gk said, its not really worth being a semi hunter in fields when you have to go through all that mess to find them, when you could find much more gregarious, much more potent, and much less suspicious wood loving species.

Offlinebikersmoke
Stranger

Re: Cow Pastures [Re: thelaughingman]
    #11260496 - 10/16/09 02:55 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well you guys say that but i have been looking in the woods and all I seem to find are poison ones. Im gonna go hunting the pastures later, because have found about 12 diffrent kinds in the woods and mulch still havent been able to eat any of them. I should have never started hunting mushrooms. Im restless and impatient, not a good thing when it comes to mushrooms..

--------------------
Lifes A Trip Then You Die, So Have Fun.

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Re: Cow Pastures [Re: bikersmoke]
    #11260561 - 10/16/09 03:07 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

If you are looking for Psilocybe cyanescens and P. azurescens, check woodchips in landscaped areas like parks.

--------------------

OfflineShrum821
Shrumed Out
 User Gallery

Loc: Fuckin Texas
Re: Cow Pastures [Re: German Kahuna]
    #11260728 - 10/16/09 03:37 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Dude don't listen to what your friends have told you.  In your location you are absolutely wasting your time looking in cow fields.  The active dung loving species are only found in the gulf coast region of the U.S.  I can 100% gaurantee you that if you look in a cow field you won't find jack shit.  You need to stick to woodchips and well manacured lawns as the other posters have said.  Trust me, I live in the coastal region of Texas and know absolutely everything about the dung loving species you are seeking, and the simply don't exist where you live.  Just as the wood loving species that you should be looking for don't exist where I live.  Do some research.  Then go hunting.

Offlinebikersmoke
Stranger

Re: Cow Pastures [Re: Shrum821]
    #11261065 - 10/16/09 04:22 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Psilocybe cubensis grown in Nc in cow dung dont they?

--------------------

OfflineIcelandicSojourn
Monist in Training
Male

Loc: Valleys of the Natives
    #11261363 - 10/16/09 05:17 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

bikersmoke said:
Well you guys say that but i have been looking in the woods and all I seem to find are poison ones. Im gonna go hunting the pastures later, because have found about 12 diffrent kinds in the woods and mulch still havent been able to eat any of them. I should have never started hunting mushrooms. Im restless and impatient, not a good thing when it comes to mushrooms..

Quote:

bikersmoke said:
Psilocybe cubensis grown in Nc in cow dung dont they?

You are in a different part of the world.  Psilocybe cyanescens & azurescens don't grow in NC.  The advice given was: "in the PNW, look in wood chips"; not, "in NC, walk off into random woods."  Your cubensis question can be found by a quick search on this site, instead of hijacking other's threads.

--------------------
Ne me parlez plus de politique
Je veux sauver ma vie    :peace:

Offlinebikersmoke
Stranger

Re: Cow Pastures [Re: IcelandicSojourn]
    #11261630 - 10/16/09 05:56 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I read that they grew in Nc in cow dung on this site thats why I asked. I didnt say he was wrong, but you are a dick.

--------------------

OfflineIcelandicSojourn
Monist in Training
Male

Loc: Valleys of the Natives
    #11262375 - 10/16/09 08:28 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

:billymayshead:  :billymaythumbup:

--------------------
Ne me parlez plus de politique
Je veux sauver ma vie    :peace:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds