Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineemeraldlife88
Emerald

Tuning Marijuana To The Heavy Psychedelic Realms!
    #11260168 - 10/16/09 04:00 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

No doubt, if you smoke pot once a month, every time is likely to be psychedelic for you! Not as extreme as LSD, shrooms, Salvia, DMT or the other drugs, but you can still put a psychedelic factor to it. If you're like me, or a lot of other people, and smoke marijuana more religiously, say everyday to a few times a week to only on weekends, you will always get good and high, but that psychedelic factor is hard to pinpoint after awhile, and might seem to decrease over time, maybe disappointing you.

I always have considered Marijuana a psychedelic, and in my opinion, the most apt to make you realize things in a way you can handle. It might not dive to the ends of the Earth and back like other psychedelics. Certainly it will not show you every crevice of your inner spirit and blow your head to shreds like Salvia. It won't produce the most vivid colors you've ever seen like LSD. And it won't cause extreme hallucinations like DMT.

But enough with what marijuana lacks, because it gains so much more! I have been really trying to make my solo-marijuana experiences count. I've read time and time again that marijuana can be just as intense as shrooms, it is just what you do with it and how you picture it. Of course, when I am with a group of people smoking, I hardly feel anything deep and emotion. Some cool emotions, visuals and feeling of relaxation are what I get. But when you smoke solo, that's when the real fun starts!

This example of marijuana giving me extreme psychedelic visuals and mindfucks while also blowing the whole tolerance theory away. Something I struggle with, because although I have felt the effects of a sadly high tolerance in the past, I think marijuana tolerance is mainly based on hearing the word tolerance, and then mentally expecting to have a lesser effect.

So I am sitting in my room last night after smoking just one bowl. Yes, it was well packed, but it was just a bowl. I had been smoking about a bowl a night all week...you'd expect my tolerance to be beginning to rise, because before the week even began on went on like a marijuana binge during the weekend.

I smoked my bowl, holding in the smoke as long as possible and trying to get it all into my lungs. Sometimes I notice I will just hold it in my mouth, but not actually get it to my lungs. So I smoke the bowl, put on some music, and feel really high. Very relaxed and just...high!

I turn around and stare at my bed. All of a sudden the two ends of my bed are dancing! Not jumping, but dancing, as if the bed is alive! Meanwhile, the middle of the bed stays firm, and the blanket tossed over the center of the bed is sticking out with such volume, depth and color, meanwhile the bed is dancing around! It was amazing! Then it stopped...it happened two other times that night.

My mind was another story! It was going a million miles a minute. I was coming up with all sorts of new ideas about atoms and molecules and the universe and how our brains hold the secret to how the universe began because we all come from one original organism, and there is a gene for everything, including the memory gene, so we all have a gene holding the key to the beginning, but it is just recessive in almost everyone. Um...see what I mean. I don't remember all my mind ramblings, just that.

It was just more than I thought a high could ever be.

But I think the secret to enhancing our highs lives in our minds. Can we allow our minds to free themselves up so that the marijuana can take its full effect? I think as we smoke more and more, especially by ourselves, we can learn the true power of marijuana by becoming comfortable with its effects. This way, when high, we can really make an experience out of it.

I honestly feel marijuana is on par with everything else, it is just easier to handle, and therefore can sometimes give you more out of it. Walking away with a lesson learned from marijuana can be the same lesson learned from Salvia, except salvia scared you too much for you to decipher it.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineNetDiver
Wandering Mindfuck

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
Re: Tuning Marijuana To The Heavy Psychedelic Realms! [Re: emeraldlife88]
    #11260270 - 10/16/09 04:15 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I definitely have gotten some pretty psychedelic effects on marijuana. When I first started smoking it was as if the world took on a completely different spirit. Almost like there are two worlds- the normal one and the high one. In the high world, music would create intense moods, colors would be ridiculously vibrant, and sometimes I'd even have weird experiences such as closed-eye visuals that changed with music, or feeling like the Bob Dylan poster on my wall was communicating with me.

Usually I get less of that now, though sometimes out of nowhere I'll be struck with really trippy experiences. I do love marijuana though, I think it will probably always be my favorite drug.

One of these days I want to eat a big ball of hash and see where it takes me, I've heard it's quite a journey.

Edited by NetDiver (10/16/09 04:19 PM)

OfflineThisfire
Chiller
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
Re: Tuning Marijuana To The Heavy Psychedelic Realms! [Re: NetDiver]
    #11260435 - 10/16/09 04:45 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I got some salvia style hallucinations off of weed once.

But I almost passed out, so maybe that was the cause.

--------------------

Let your imagination fill in the blanks.
Weed, Salvia, DXM, MDMA, Speed, Azures, Cubes, Nitrous, DMT, LSD /, Peyote, Ayahuasca

Offlineemeraldlife88
Emerald

Re: Tuning Marijuana To The Heavy Psychedelic Realms! [Re: Thisfire]
    #11260470 - 10/16/09 04:51 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

If you breathe very slowly while high you will get amazing visual results.

InvisibleMiddlemanM
melomaniac

#11260544 - 10/16/09 05:04 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

It's funny how we like to be high but not 'too high', like a moth flying around a flame.

I smoke once a week and find it near hallucinogenic especially when combined with Pranayama.

InvisibleTrippyNinja

#11260623 - 10/16/09 05:17 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Fantastic post, you really hit the nail on the head my friend.

Offlinegratefulgere
Master of Appearance

#11260670 - 10/16/09 05:28 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Have you ever smoked toast, butane extracted hash?  It is between 80-99% THC.  That will blow your mind!

Invisiblesubject
eat the sun
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Humboldt
Re: Tuning Marijuana To The Heavy Psychedelic Realms! [Re: gratefulgere]
    #11260712 - 10/16/09 05:34 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

i agree with the OP. smoking only occasionally (which is very hard when you have a stash) is worth it because not only does your bud stretch further but each experience is actually more intense and profound.

--------------------
nappy then, nappy now, nappy for a bit
knee deep head over heals in this country shit

Offlinedisconnect
Stranger
Re: Tuning Marijuana To The Heavy Psychedelic Realms! [Re: Middleman]
    #11260735 - 10/16/09 05:38 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Middleman said:
It's funny how we like to be high but not 'too high', like a moth flying around a flame.

I smoke once a week and find it near hallucinogenic especially when combined with Pranayama.

I am by no means an adept, but recently, I also discovered marijuana to be a great aid in meditation.

OfflineCamKron
Mychotic
 User Gallery

Re: Tuning Marijuana To The Heavy Psychedelic Realms! [Re: disconnect]
    #11260772 - 10/16/09 05:43 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

i have smoked every day for the past 7 months+...
i went away on vacation for 3 days, so no bud...
when i got home and smoked, i was pretty tired, but i hit 2 bowls and had a moment where i completely zoned out of reality or something, i felt like i was out of my body, then it all just slammed back into focus and i was like: "woah"
that is my most "psychedelic" like experience on it, but i know what you mean when you see colours more deeply and differently (i think it may eff with depth perception, which would account for this)
but all that is theories, i love pot and i agree that it can trip you right out, even if only momentarily

--------------------
:cool: :mushroom2: :cool: All Pics And Advice Is Just Google Research :cool: :mushroom2: :cool: :mushroom2:

InvisibleJMath
Stranger

Re: Tuning Marijuana To The Heavy Psychedelic Realms! [Re: CamKron]
    #11261105 - 10/16/09 06:29 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I only smoke 1-2 times a week but it's always music that does it for me. Laying on the floor and closing my eyes listening to certain songs makes me feel like I'm flying around in space. Quite amazing, but I wouldn't put it parallel with shrooms, maybe a low dose. Very good point though

OfflineShroomDoom944
Stranger
Re: Tuning Marijuana To The Heavy Psychedelic Realms! [Re: JMath]
    #11261813 - 10/16/09 08:24 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

wow. I wish weed did this to me still.
I just smoked a blunt of some home-grown ak-48. still chillin.

Offlinemudnpool
young old timer

Re: Tuning Marijuana To The Heavy Psychedelic Realms! [Re: ShroomDoom944]
    #11262154 - 10/16/09 09:34 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I smoke a shit load once every few months. And i must say its very spiritual and I get very strong psychedelic experience

--------------------
The wolf is with in me

Offlinesilosighbin
this is the apocalypse
Male

Loc: isla vista baby!
Re: Tuning Marijuana To The Heavy Psychedelic Realms! [Re: mudnpool]
    #11262340 - 10/16/09 10:21 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

yeah I smoke weed once in a while too :wink:

--------------------

i am caustic

Offlinepegcityevolve
Stranger
    #11263344 - 10/17/09 01:50 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

emeraldlife88 said:
No doubt, if you smoke pot once a month, every time is likely to be psychedelic for you! Not as extreme as LSD, shrooms, Salvia, DMT or the other drugs, but you can still put a psychedelic factor to it. If you're like me, or a lot of other people, and smoke marijuana more religiously, say everyday to a few times a week to only on weekends, you will always get good and high, but that psychedelic factor is hard to pinpoint after awhile, and might seem to decrease over time, maybe disappointing you.

I always have considered Marijuana a psychedelic, and in my opinion, the most apt to make you realize things in a way you can handle. It might not dive to the ends of the Earth and back like other psychedelics. Certainly it will not show you every crevice of your inner spirit and blow your head to shreds like Salvia. It won't produce the most vivid colors you've ever seen like LSD. And it won't cause extreme hallucinations like DMT.

But enough with what marijuana lacks, because it gains so much more! I have been really trying to make my solo-marijuana experiences count. I've read time and time again that marijuana can be just as intense as shrooms, it is just what you do with it and how you picture it. Of course, when I am with a group of people smoking, I hardly feel anything deep and emotion. Some cool emotions, visuals and feeling of relaxation are what I get. But when you smoke solo, that's when the real fun starts!

This example of marijuana giving me extreme psychedelic visuals and mindfucks while also blowing the whole tolerance theory away. Something I struggle with, because although I have felt the effects of a sadly high tolerance in the past, I think marijuana tolerance is mainly based on hearing the word tolerance, and then mentally expecting to have a lesser effect.

So I am sitting in my room last night after smoking just one bowl. Yes, it was well packed, but it was just a bowl. I had been smoking about a bowl a night all week...you'd expect my tolerance to be beginning to rise, because before the week even began on went on like a marijuana binge during the weekend.

I smoked my bowl, holding in the smoke as long as possible and trying to get it all into my lungs. Sometimes I notice I will just hold it in my mouth, but not actually get it to my lungs. So I smoke the bowl, put on some music, and feel really high. Very relaxed and just...high!

I turn around and stare at my bed. All of a sudden the two ends of my bed are dancing! Not jumping, but dancing, as if the bed is alive! Meanwhile, the middle of the bed stays firm, and the blanket tossed over the center of the bed is sticking out with such volume, depth and color, meanwhile the bed is dancing around! It was amazing! Then it stopped...it happened two other times that night.

My mind was another story! It was going a million miles a minute. I was coming up with all sorts of new ideas about atoms and molecules and the universe and how our brains hold the secret to how the universe began because we all come from one original organism, and there is a gene for everything, including the memory gene, so we all have a gene holding the key to the beginning, but it is just recessive in almost everyone. Um...see what I mean. I don't remember all my mind ramblings, just that.

It was just more than I thought a high could ever be.

But I think the secret to enhancing our highs lives in our minds. Can we allow our minds to free themselves up so that the marijuana can take its full effect? I think as we smoke more and more, especially by ourselves, we can learn the true power of marijuana by becoming comfortable with its effects. This way, when high, we can really make an experience out of it.

I honestly feel marijuana is on par with everything else, it is just easier to handle, and therefore can sometimes give you more out of it. Walking away with a lesson learned from marijuana can be the same lesson learned from Salvia, except salvia scared you too much for you to decipher it.

I agree with plenty you have said, cannabis has huge potential. I've smoked several different potent strains every week (good connects here), for the past five years. The last two years I've been either completely alone, or with my close friend who shares greatly the same amount of view points as I do, who also hits the bong with me. :smile: The highs always made me very curious about things, and lead to pure mad (but good) scientist, walking back and forth swirling in a sea of thought (feeling as if only my head is floating, disconnected from the body) pulling insights literally from all corners of my rooms, with beautiful psytrance playing in the background.

I started ordering very powerful natural supplements and super foods a few years back, with the little money I had. My intuition felt strong with this one, so I thought it would be worth the price. This combined with regular exercise, and stretching was allowing me to go through rapid neurogenesis (rather huge IQ boosts, particularly in spatial reasoning, abstract thought, and perception). I feel like im both Nostradamus and Einstein, in character. I almost forgot (forgive me, for I am really high, was detoxed as a cop just an hour ago :P) brain entrainment of all sorts and meditation helped a lot, not to mention all the lone LSD and mushrooms trips. :P

It also blurs, or rather softens, physical detail - which I find is enticing, as the old saying goes "The devil is in the details". While cannabis, when used of it's full psychotropic potential, allows the self or being to perceive a bigger picture of the whole, kind of like holistic thinking. Breaking the mind construct of depth perception, physical objects seem to mingle with their surrounding environments, no longer an object that just stands out, but something there for a reason.

Just have to balance out all the brain waves, and don't overheat the cannabinoid receptors. I know how being baked out of your mind can be fairly fun at times, just try not to do that too much. :P

Edited by pegcityevolve (10/17/09 02:17 AM)

OfflineNetDiver
Wandering Mindfuck

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
Re: Tuning Marijuana To The Heavy Psychedelic Realms! [Re: pegcityevolve]
    #11263425 - 10/17/09 02:23 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I haven't smoked in a few days and I'm tired as hell. I'm gonna try smoking a large quantity and see how psychedelic it gets.

results: took me 10 minuntes to find this thread and my hands keep getting lost in the keyboard. I keep recalling salvia type feelings so strongly that I had almost what I'd call a salvia "flashback" just because I was imagining it so potently.

also having closed eye visuals, bright neon and cartoony

--------------------

Edited by NetDiver (10/17/09 02:52 AM)

OfflineTheDoorknob
Stranger

#11264170 - 10/17/09 08:17 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

My personal favorite is closing the night with a spliff, staring out of my window thinking and listening to music while smoking, and go to bed when I'm finished. I have been cultivating my ability to 'create', as in purposefully looking for, CEVs, and I get them almost every time, together with some introspection/tripy thoughts. I guess it's the liberation of the mind before going to sleep. You're done with your day, and lie down, so you can focus on what weed can give you. It can also get a little to intense if you overdo it.

edit: it's easier to get to this point with sativas.

Edited by TheDoorknob (10/17/09 08:18 AM)

Offlineemeraldlife88
Emerald

#11264278 - 10/17/09 09:07 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I agree with almost everything you said, except the blurring of fine physical details, even if it is physically true. Yes, when high I do manage to look at objects and see the full picture, but everything also seems to hold more physical depth and volume. I see the true shape of things, and the only way to describe it is to see the actual space, or air, between one object to another. It is like I can understand the physical realms of space, placement and what's in between.

Edited by emeraldlife88 (10/17/09 09:09 AM)

Invisiblewhatdidusay
Travelin Raver
Male

#11265864 - 10/17/09 03:55 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

once again i have to make mention of the fact that i have a moderate-severe case of hppd. (look it up if u dont know what it is). so for me weed IS ALWAYS psychedelic. nothing like salvia or dmt, (of course dmt and salvia are insane 5x mor ethen they should be for me haha) .

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience