Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
invading Pakistan in 5 years
    #11258940 - 10/16/09 12:23 PM (8 years, 2 days ago)

just heard on TV that we will most likely be in Afghan for 5 years and then were invading Pakistan.  they mentioned something about how when we invaded Afghan the taliban was run out the country and into Pakistan...I'm just curious why they didn't try to prevent that, and then wtf are we even doing in Afghan if we ran them out?

seems like were not fighting terrorism at all, we are spreading culture and technology.  and then i see they are about to pass a sin tax on soda and juice and I'm just sitting here thinking wtf....our gov is bleeding us dry spending out money on shit we don't even want....and then they turn around and bleed us even more...when did the Chinese take over our gov i don't get it.

every country we take over is costing us our rights and wealth...why are we doing this?  this isn't our gov...who's gov is it?  weren't not about to pass a public option for health care, our gov pulled its mask off, mutated into some kind of hell spawn and is trying to pass a global takeover for hell on earth. 

when its all said and done were gunna be breaking bread with jesus

people say america is still the freest country, the freest to commit corruption and crimes against humanity

anyways whats the next stop after Pakistan, and what happens when these "terrorists" magically get run into Korea or Russia

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: invading Pakistan in 5 years [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #11258969 - 10/16/09 12:27 PM (8 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

I'm just curious why they didn't try to prevent that

The border between Afghanistan and Pakistan has never been legitimately tamed and ruled by the Pakistani government. They couldn't stop activities there even if they wanted to (which I don't think they do).

I don't think we will see war with them in the near term, though.  War with Pakistan would remove their current government, which would lead to a power vacuum that could possibly be filled by even more severe anti-American elements.

Not to mention that Pakistan is a nuclear state.  If we removed the government, who knows who would get their hands on them.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #11258997 - 10/16/09 12:30 PM (8 years, 2 days ago)

Also, what program on television did you see this?

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: invading Pakistan in 5 years [Re: Redstorm]
    #11259339 - 10/16/09 01:25 PM (8 years, 2 days ago)

hardball with chris mathews, he was doing an interview with some guy can't remember who or what the main topic was either, i am reading into it a bit i guess, he never directly said we were going to invade pakistan.  more clearly what the guy said was that the generals want to stay in afgan for 5 years and that we drove the taliban to pakistan, so in my mind that will be our next stop on this bus tour

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #11260664 - 10/16/09 05:27 PM (8 years, 2 days ago)

That seems pretty silly to me.

Getting the Pakistani military and ISS to take the Taliban seriously would be a much better idea than "driving" a terrorist organization deeper into a country that possesses nuclear weapons and delivery systems.

I really doubt the military wants to invade Pakistan, nor even stay in Afghanistan for ten years.

I don't think they're too comfortable being there at all.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: invading Pakistan in 5 years [Re: Redstorm]
    #11269568 - 10/18/09 05:12 AM (8 years, 22 hours ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
The border between Afghanistan and Pakistan has never been legitimately tamed and ruled by the Pakistani government. They couldn't stop activities there even if they wanted to (which I don't think they do).

Pakistan deploys 30,000 troops...

I think they want to; 30,000 is a lot of troops, they want U.S. aid, and they don't like these nuts killing their civilians and raiding their military headquarters... :grin:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineTaco Chef
running good
Male User Gallery

Loc: the city of dis
    #11269871 - 10/18/09 08:31 AM (8 years, 18 hours ago)

our military and the cia are already active in pak (via drones and special forces)...

--------------------

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: invading Pakistan in 5 years [Re: Taco Chef]
    #11269893 - 10/18/09 08:44 AM (8 years, 18 hours ago)

so seriously whats everyone's thoughts on whats after pakistan?  im starting to wonder, if were seriously doing this so that we can push them into a country like russia or korea, even if its not one of those 2, it just seems like the taliban have become a very valuable tool for america to convert cultures to democracys or at least get our foot in the door. 

and thats a good point about drones and special forces, as advanced as we are...how is it even possible we let them out?  are these guys driving hummers or camels?  its a big country but we have planes and heli's, i dunno its just weird that they 'know' they left but they couldn't stop them.  plus we had iraq as practice, how did we let it happen twice?

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#11270003 - 10/18/09 10:05 AM (8 years, 17 hours ago)

Listen, the situation isn't that simple.

The government in Pakistan is not cooperating with us against these people for a multitude of reasons.  They (the Paki Gov) is not the most legitimate thing in the world.  They have only in the last year or so even nominally dropped the cloak of military dictatorship, and are still in no way any kind of representative or democratic government.  It's not as if they are some popular front whom everyone in the country looks to for guidance and leadership.  They have little or no countrol over vast segments of their country and population.

And their relationship with the Taliban is, like their government, only recently upended.  For many decades the ISS has been supporting the Taliban financially and militarily.  The only reason they are even making motions of fighting them now is because the Taliban is turning against them and they (The Gov) needs American support, but don't think that the higher-ups in the security forces are not friendly with the Taliban, because they are.  And it's not just the ISS.  The Pakistani people, especially in the tribal border areas, are much more closely aligned with the Taliban than they are the government in Islamabad.

And I'm flummoxed by how you think we could close off the border.  This is 1,500 miles of the most rugged terrain on Earth.  The US military has a thousand UAVs, total, spread over the entire world.  And as we've seen, even closing a relatively flat and well-policed border like that of US-Mexico is nearly impossible.  To attempt to monitor the Afg-Paki border with is populated by a people hostile to us and composed of extremely mountainous terrain seems a bit far-fetched.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlineamberdragonswan
Alice in Wonderland
Female User Gallery

Loc: Soon stepping through the...
Re: invading Pakistan in 5 years [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #11270005 - 10/18/09 10:07 AM (8 years, 17 hours ago)

hmm--

--------------------
The future is unwritten
:evil:

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #11270164 - 10/18/09 11:07 AM (8 years, 16 hours ago)

you'd think the terrain being so rough would make it easier to monitor or close or stop a notable amount of them from crossing, i kinda doubt the taliban have much gear to go mountain climbing.  we have satalites and drones, and planes, helis, intel, and we KNEW were they would run.  so it may be 1500 miles of land, but it sure seems like we could have put more effort into stopping them.  instead it seems like our only goal was to move in and setup police states, and to spread our culture, and the taliban...who cares well just let them run w/e they want, as long as everywhere we follow them we leave a police state behind.  yep i think i just summed up the "goal" that our gov can't/won't manage to put into words.  so when they finally run to a place like korea or w/e and we try to setup a police state, im guessing korea is going to be testing some nukes out on our asses.

--------------------

Edited by makaveli8x8 (10/18/09 11:14 AM)

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#11270256 - 10/18/09 11:26 AM (8 years, 16 hours ago)

Pakistan is already a police state.  It has always been a police state.

Afghanistan hasn't been much different.

You really don't know what you're talking about.

And mountain climbing gear?  Really?

These people have lived and travelled these mountains for thousands of years.  I'm quite sure they can get around without nylon cords and high-tech gear.

--------------------

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #11274800 - 10/19/09 01:24 AM (8 years, 2 hours ago)

the taliban have travelled these mountains for thousands years?  how is it they so quickly found a way out, but we couldn't?  only the taliban knew the layout of these mountains huh?  these little rats running around with flipflops and towels sure know how to fool us smart americans with our hundreds of billions of dollars.  they manage to travel these "mountains" without gear, and yet do it at such a lightening quick speed that we can't fly heli's in, see them with our satilites or drones, and were way to quick for our bombers?  not to mention all our troops and equipment that were doing what?

--------------------

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #11274818 - 10/19/09 01:26 AM (8 years, 2 hours ago)

so if the taliban is really just a military part of the gov then why do we call them terrorists, because there culture is different than ours with different rules? surely if they don't like living there people can just 'move'...since thats what everyone tells us americans.

the taliban have travelled these mountains for thousands years?  how is it they so quickly found a way out, but we couldn't?  only the taliban knew the layout of these mountains huh?  these little rats running around with flipflops and towels sure know how to fool us smart americans with our hundreds of billions of dollars.  they manage to travel these "mountains" without gear, and yet do it at such a lightening quick speed that we can't fly heli's in, see them with our satilites or drones, and were way to quick for our bombers?  not to mention all our troops and equipment that were doing what?

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #11275791 - 10/19/09 08:43 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Why do you jump to so many conclusions and conspiracies regarding the matter when you clearly haven't even the most basic understanding of the war? Why don't you do us all a favor and start listing some names of cities and regions in which the U.S. military is occupying. How about information regarding the battles and strikes that have occurred, and some information on how many people were involved? All of this is easily accessible through the media. Why do you feel the need to assume that supposedly it should be so easy to prevent a loosely-affiliated group of people roughly the equivalent of an inner-city street gang from crossing an imaginary line? Sure, the United States has a few drone planes but it isn't as though the targets in question have GPS devices stuck in their necks that identify them as being in Taliban. The border is over a thousand miles long and it isn't as if the local populations in general aren't passing through the routes through the mountains, that there aren't villages throughout all of the passable terrain. It isn't as if the Taliban in their movements throughout the region are marching in lock-step in huge battalions, easily spotted from helicopters and drones, the amount of which responsible for covering the long-ass border you personally have absolutely no knowledge on.

Committing the fallacy of thinking that a very difficult task should be easily achievable and subsequently, since it isn't being achieved, there are secret intents and agendas for the war is easily cured by obtaining knowledge.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #11275807 - 10/19/09 08:52 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I think you should do some reading on the subject b/c it is clear you have little understanding of it.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion