Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinejonnyjonjonjon
CrackBadger
 User Gallery

Loc: The Pharm
Liquid Food
    #11219228 - 10/10/09 05:08 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I hear you can get protein powder and make milkshakes that can provide the same nutrients eating a solid dinner does. They give it to old people in nursing homes who won't eat. It would be fairly cool drinking your dinner instead of having to chew it. On top of chewing being a waste of time your stomach has to break it all down anyway so liquid food would save you and your stomach a load of hassle. You'd still need fiber but that can be easily solved by eating fruit or cereal.

Does anyone know the name of any of these liquid food powders? I noticed they sell that powdered protein in body building shops. I'm not too sure if those products would work as a solid food replacement though.

--------------------
Mother goose said to the swan "Is that PCP your cooking?" and the swan replied "Yes, yes it is.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesubject
eat the sun
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Humboldt
Re: Liquid Food [Re: jonnyjonjonjon]
    #11219405 - 10/10/09 06:33 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i got a 1lb tub of this Hemp protein powder that has a shit ton of fiber and protein per serving not to mention its organic and made of cannabis. its good stuff, but I wouldnt eat it instead of a meal. more like a supplement. I guess you could though if you ate enough, it has a good amount of calories in it. you should try it though its from trader joes i believe

--------------------
nappy then, nappy now, nappy for a bit
knee deep head over heals in this country shit

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
Re: Liquid Food [Re: jonnyjonjonjon]
    #11220469 - 10/10/09 11:50 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

You can't replace all of your solid food with protein shakes.  They are not very filling for one, unless you are very very skinny.  Another thing is that they shoot right through you.  If you were to eat for example something fibrous it would take time for your body to break down and digest, feeding you calories slowly.  The protein shakes are already broken down so it is a quick dose of calories and protein.  This is good post-workout, but bad the rest of the day.

Aside from that, the shakes also usually lack carbs and fats.  Both of which are needed in some amount to maintain good health.

Did you want to do this because you can't gain weight?  To save money? (you wont)

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Liquid Food [Re: PowerTrip]
    #11222028 - 10/10/09 05:12 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, definately a supplement thing.

Smoothies are a great post workout food, or a suitable liquid lunch though they are different than "protein powder."

I am drinking a smoothie right now:

-handful of mixxed berries
-2 tablespoons ground hemp seed
-2 bananas
-1 raw egg
-splash of vanilla
-+ usually i add soy or coconut milk, but i forgot today

There is no replacement for fresh fruit and veggies, dont buy the hype.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Liquid Food [Re: PowerTrip]
    #11224856 - 10/11/09 02:22 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

PowerTrip said:
You can't replace all of your solid food with protein shakes.  They are not very filling for one, unless you are very very skinny.  Another thing is that they shoot right through you.  If you were to eat for example something fibrous it would take time for your body to break down and digest, feeding you calories slowly.  The protein shakes are already broken down so it is a quick dose of calories and protein.  This is good post-workout, but bad the rest of the day.

Aside from that, the shakes also usually lack carbs and fats.  Both of which are needed in some amount to maintain good health.

Did you want to do this because you can't gain weight?  To save money? (you wont)

This would be true if it were 15 years ago. These days, you could virtually live off a liquid diet. Although I wouldn't recommend it unless it were imperative.

A large portion of my diet is consumed through shakes. You can mix different oils for your fat sources, vary carbs by adding fruits and whole grains, fibers, flax, everything and anything. You're not just limited to the shitty wheys of yesteryear.

Some protein powders taste so good nowadays I could almost live off them. I love food and I cook all the time, but damn... some of these shakes almost rival my very favorite whole meals. And I have a pretty large palette.

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Offlinejonnyjonjonjon
CrackBadger
 User Gallery

Loc: The Pharm
Re: Liquid Food [Re: browndustin]
    #11258807 - 10/16/09 09:52 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

When your on amphetamines and don't feel like eating liquid food would be a good replacement though. Better than eating nothing.

--------------------
Mother goose said to the swan "Is that PCP your cooking?" and the swan replied "Yes, yes it is.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag