Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflinePoptart
 User Gallery

The "Bitter Cup" that christ drank from quite possibly could have been ayahuasca.
    #11258695 - 10/16/09 09:28 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I've been thinking about this lately.

Alot of people feel like they are burning up karma or sin or whatever you would like to call it when they partake.

Shamans refer to it as a purging of demons and negativity and that it can sometimes be a very painful process. It is a cleansing process that makes way for the transfiguration (kundalini) to move through you.

I think it's very possible that the "bitter cup" christ drank from was in fact ayahuasca.

Edited by Poptart (10/16/09 09:39 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDyingjezuz
Stranger

Re: The "Bitter Cup" that christ drank from quite possibly could have been ayahuasca. [Re: Poptart]
    #11258704 - 10/16/09 09:30 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

No i know for a fact it wasn't.

OfflinePoptart
 User Gallery

Re: The "Bitter Cup" that christ drank from quite possibly could have been ayahuasca. [Re: Dyingjezuz]
    #11258744 - 10/16/09 09:39 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Why?

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: The "Bitter Cup" that christ drank from quite possibly could have been ayahuasca. [Re: Poptart]
    #11258773 - 10/16/09 09:44 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Poptart said:
Why?

Ayahuasca grows in South America.  Jesus lived in what is now the Israel-Palestine area.  Ayahuasca does not grow there.  In fact, Ayahuasca was totally unheard of to anyone outside of South America until about the last century.

Furthermore, I'd like to add that I get really annoyed when psychedelic users try to project their habits onto historical religious figures, as if to say that psychedelics were the only way they could have to come to their insights.  My guess is that fasting for 40 days alone in the desert would have been quite sufficient to give Jesus some profound religious experiences.

--------------------

OfflinePoptart
 User Gallery

Re: The "Bitter Cup" that christ drank from quite possibly could have been ayahuasca. [Re: Silversoul]
    #11258793 - 10/16/09 09:48 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I wasn't aware that ayahuasca was actually grown. Maybe the materials to extract it but not ayahuasca in and of itself. Sorry I just sounded like a smart ass and I didn't mean it that way.

Your probably right though but who knows.

Surely Christ must have went through an ayahuasca like experience some time in his life.

Edited by Poptart (10/16/09 09:50 AM)

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#11258804 - 10/16/09 09:50 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Poptart said:
I wasn't aware that ayahuasca was actually grown. Maybe the materials to extract it but not ayahuasca in and of itself.

*Sigh*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banisteriopsis_caapi

Quote:

Surely Christ must have went through an ayahuasca like experience some time in his life.

What could possibly lead you to believe that, other than wishful thinking?

--------------------

OfflinePoptart
 User Gallery

Re: The "Bitter Cup" that christ drank from quite possibly could have been ayahuasca. [Re: Silversoul]
    #11258890 - 10/16/09 10:13 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
Quote:

Poptart said:
I wasn't aware that ayahuasca was actually grown. Maybe the materials to extract it but not ayahuasca in and of itself.

*Sigh*

Sorry I just sounded like a smart ass and I didn't mean it that way.

Quote:

Your probably right though but who knows.

InvisibleOlympus Mons
esprit de l'univers

Loc: ∞
    #11258909 - 10/16/09 10:17 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

not you :lol:

--------------------
I close my eyes and seize it
I clench my fists and beat it
I light my torch and burn it
I am the beast I worship....

OfflineHeffy
BrauMeister
 User Gallery

Loc: International Traveller
Re: The "Bitter Cup" that christ drank from quite possibly could have been ayahuasca. [Re: Olympus Mons]
    #11259264 - 10/16/09 11:14 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

There is however quite a bit of evidence to show that the "fire baptism" performed by Jesus, involved covering his followers with a potent cannabis containing oil.

--------------------
I am the king of Rome, and above grammar! - Emperor Sigismund

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: The "Bitter Cup" that christ drank from quite possibly could have been ayahuasca. [Re: Heffy]
    #11259326 - 10/16/09 11:23 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Heffy said:
There is however quite a bit of evidence to show that the "fire baptism" performed by Jesus, involved covering his followers with a potent cannabis containing oil.

What evidence would that be?

--------------------

InvisibleOlympus Mons
esprit de l'univers

#11259488 - 10/16/09 11:52 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

there's quite a bit of it, cant you see it?

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: The "Bitter Cup" that christ drank from quite possibly could have been ayahuasca. [Re: Olympus Mons]
    #11259717 - 10/16/09 12:34 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Olympus Mons said:

You mean the fact that drug users want to remake Jesus in their image?

--------------------

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Loc: The Astral Realm
    #11260141 - 10/16/09 01:55 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
Quote:

Poptart said:
Why?

Ayahuasca grows in South America.  Jesus lived in what is now the Israel-Palestine area.  Ayahuasca does not grow there.  In fact, Ayahuasca was totally unheard of to anyone outside of South America until about the last century.

Furthermore, I'd like to add that I get really annoyed when psychedelic users try to project their habits onto historical religious figures, as if to say that psychedelics were the only way they could have to come to their insights.  My guess is that fasting for 40 days alone in the desert would have been quite sufficient to give Jesus some profound religious experiences.

Ayahuasca doesn't grow anywhere. MAOI's and DMT containing plants are found in every ecosystem on the planet.

Yes, Ayahuasca has resurfaced in the past few decades for our contemporary Western Cuture, but what does that have to do with what people knew 2000 years ago?

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: The "Bitter Cup" that christ drank from quite possibly could have been ayahuasca. [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #11260373 - 10/16/09 02:35 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:
Quote:

Silversoul said:
Quote:

Poptart said:
Why?

Ayahuasca doesn't grow anywhere. MAOI's and DMT containing plants are found in every ecosystem on the planet.

Yes, Ayahuasca has resurfaced in the past few decades for our contemporary Western Cuture, but what does that have to do with what people knew 2000 years ago?

I was referring to the Ayahuasca vine.  And if you can find me any evidence whatsoever of the use of such a concoction in Mediterranean culture prior to the 20th century, I'd love to see it.

--------------------

InvisibleOlympus Mons
esprit de l'univers

#11260454 - 10/16/09 02:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
Quote:

Olympus Mons said:

You mean the fact that drug users want to remake Jesus in their image?

precisely

--------------------

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

Loc: Flag
    #11262599 - 10/16/09 09:05 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
Quote:

Poptart said:

*Sigh*

Quote:

Sure, you're probably right, but let's not give weight to mysticism either. There is indeed an ontological disjunct between our time and the past, so that we cannot apparently know for sure what any of these mystified substances are. But certain ontological knowledge is not necessary to understand the basic situation or question as disclosed. We do not need to know what these mystified substances specifically are, when it is significant enough for our purposes to understand what a substance is upon the basic grounds of being.

It is not necessarily wishful thinking, but ordinary circumspection to "locate" the mystified substances of religious traditions in their bare root of generic substance. As to which particular substance is the forbidden fruit, the manna, or the bitter drink etc; there we may always have a mystery. The whole issue here, is that this mystery has become convenient for some people, or certain traditional ideologies (which is inconvenient for others). So there is my intention.

But as I was saying, we can circumspect the issue from what we basically know of a generic substance.

Take your form of skepticism here; this is only skepticism because the ideology raises our concern first to "a substance", to imply the substance". All I have done here is divided the question "what is the bitter drink?", into its constitutive parts. This concern is pre-ontological, which is not to be confused with the positive expression of that as mysticism.

Mysticism is this "question", as posited. Such a mystery may ordinarilty considered as pre-ontological, (as a genuine question), but it also has access to another route, by which the question is not genuinely asked to be answered. When we think of how this can even conceivably be answered, such as the OP's post, we are met here with a skepticism based on mysticism. This might first apply as considerations of locale, or historical circumstances, but these are just the more convenient objections. We all know that the question really has nothing to do with this kind of conceivability, even though the rhetoric may be played out this way if it is so convenient.

Take for instance, a different myth, "the forbidden fruit: - neither party could speculate as to history or locale, yet from past arguments I know that Silversoul objects upon certain grounds before these particulars even arise. What is really objectionable actually precedes ontology, to what is generically understood as A substance.

There are many such resources that preserve the disjuncture between "a" substance and "the" substance as the basic ground of being (as our question.) Established in an ostensible ground of being, we are positively guided through ideal representations that our relationship to these mystified substances is either conveniently an unanswerable mystery, or when that fails, substantiated as a fetish ...As if either examples were ontologically plausible. (emphasis upon grammatical substantiation)

For instance, to our considerable mystery of this forbidden fruit, we are traditionally inspired by representations that sever our understanding of substance from its effects. While this severing is often raised as a question (what is the particular substance), it might also be taken as a positive intention, which is what I would suggest. This severing is inconceivable as a disclosure in itself, because our sole understanding of substance is based upon effect. That's how we understand particular substances; in their effects. But while we can't be satisfied by this as a disclosure, it is still quite possible that we will be "caught up" in a kind of ontological entanglement of it.

By positing the separation of substance and effect as a fetish (so that we have an ostensible effect), magical yet mundane substances such as apples, figs or grapes have come to represent the forbidden fruit/fruit of knowledge of good and evil. Yet each of these substances cannot begin to explain (cause) why they should ever have been forbidden, or how they could inspire even the illusion of profound knowledge.

Someone will frankly assure me now that "spirituality" of each of these myths of substance is found within. Yet again, their ethereal disposition becomes a burden of mine, as I here consider what they conveniently articulate along with that spirit. A spiritual ideal...if it were only that! By this assertion of spirit, I no longer have access to interpret the substance that is aligned with it. There is no arguing with such an assertion.

So granting this spirituality, we should then at least consider the convenience of substance as a metaphor, if not in itself: That I am too literal or base in my considerations is a rather convenient line when this "base" is duly considered to be the apex of Judeo-Christian ideology as the forbidden fruit, or followed later by the transubstantiation as the first miracle of JHC. That is to say, some of these metaphors are quite literal to what is "metaphorically" accomplished. Transubstantiation, and the ritual "communion" for instance, both describe a substantial concern just as much as a spiritual one: Even if the ideal is spirit, you wouldn't say its a spirit/matter thing, where spirit only (positively) "matters". I mean, you can, but that syntax isn't anything but circular and ridiculous.

Still, I cannot make anyone consider "a" substance to be significant. But I can concretely determine that the criteria for that generic substance certainly precedes these articulations of "particular" substances, as offhand and insignificant as they may be.

The only conceivable definition of a generic substance is an effective one. That's all we need to know about these myths, even if the subsequent experience is subjective. There is where most people lose track. They mistake the subjective experience for the question of what the particular substance is. They think the substance is subjective, in its nondisclosure. Thus, with a strong ideology, this ontological entanglement allows someone to maintain a "mystical skepticism", without offering any conceivable alternative other than the implied apple, pear, or grape (which are not really conceivable).

The particular substance doesn't matter, so long as we understand the essence as it is disclosed to us - an effective substance that is interpreted (there's your subject!) as profound. That interpretation is even better actually, for on what other grounds would it be "forbidden" or mystified other than as explicitly interpreted?

So here we finally have encountered the disjunction; our question, in its basic form. In certain religious ideologies, the wonder and existential insecurity of Mind/body, spirit/substance is projected into the relative substance itself - either making substance known as something "magic" at the same time that it is real; or specifically unknown, while posited generically as something real. Of course, its not only that, but this is applied to (mis)represent the real substances that might authentically raise/disclose these existential issues through interpretation of the experiences they actually cause.

Just as well, you could describe it the other way, to say that the fetishistic and empty rituals of certain religions are mistaken for what has REALLY been referred to, improperly or not, as "magic" mushrooms (or whatever else).  Again, we are now basically speaking of something that is "really interpreted" as profoundly sacred (or magic) to some, and to others, profane enough to be forbidden. That meets the ontological criteria of a forbidden fruit, and no wonder, is such a forbidden fruit today. But most importantly for this argument, the mushroom and other psychedelics are only considered as such, in due in consequence to their universally substantial effects as the generic criteria of all real substances. In other words, the psychedelic is real, and its "magic" is not befuddled with the ontological uncertainty of what it specifically is.

--------------------
Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
  The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
  The frumious Bandersnatch!

Edited by daytripper23 (10/17/09 01:19 AM)

OfflinePoptart
 User Gallery

Re: The "Bitter Cup" that christ drank from quite possibly could have been ayahuasca. [Re: daytripper23]
    #11263422 - 10/17/09 12:23 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

daytripper23 said:
Quote:

Silversoul said:
Quote:

Poptart said:

*Sigh*

Quote:

Sure, you're probably right, but let's not give weight to mysticism either. There is indeed an ontological disjunct between our time and the past, so that we cannot apparently know for sure what any of these mystified substances are. But certain ontological knowledge is not necessary to understand the basic situation or question as disclosed. We do not need to know what these mystified substances specifically are, when it is significant enough for our purposes to understand what a substance is upon the basic grounds of being.

It is not necessarily wishful thinking, but ordinary circumspection to "locate" the mystified substances of religious traditions their bare root of generic substance. As to which particular substance is the forbidden fruit, the manna, or the bitter drink etc; there we may always have a mystery. That, I would say, has become rather convenient for some, and rather inconvenient for others.

We can circumspect the issue from what we basically know of a generic substance.

Take Silversoul's form of skepticism here; this is only "skepticism" because the ideology he is defending raises our concern first to "a substance", to imply the substance". All I have done here is divided the question "what is the bitter drink?", into its constitutive parts. This concern is pre-ontological, which is not to be confused with the positive expression of that as mysticism.

Mysticism is this "question" as posited. Such a mystery may be ordinarily considered as pre-ontological, (as a genuine question), but it also has access to another route, by which the question is not genuinely asked to be answered. When we think of how this can even conceivably be answered, such as the OP, we are met with "mystical skepticism". This might first apply as considerations of locale, or historical circumstances, but these are just the more convenient objections. We all know that the question really has nothing to do with this kind of conceivability, even though the rhetoric may be played out this way if it is so convenient.

Take for instance, a different myth, "the forbidden fruit: - neither of us could speculate as to history or locale, yet from past arguments I know that Silversoul objects upon certain grounds before these particulars. What is really objectionable actually precedes ontology, to what is generically understood as A substance.

There are many such resources that preserve the disjuncture between "a" substance and "the" substance as the basic ground of being (as our question) The chief example in positive "substantial" form is the fetish.

Established in an ostensible ground of being, we are positively "told" through ideal representation that our relationship to these mystified substances is either conveniently an unanswerable mystery, or when that fails, substantiated as a fetish ...As if either examples were ontologically plausible. (emphasis upon grammatical substantiation)

For instance, to our considerable mystery of this forbidden fruit, we are traditionally inspired by representations that sever our understanding of substance from its effects. While this severing is often raised as a question (what is the particular substance), it might also be taken as a positive intention, which is what I would suggest. This severing is inconceivable as a disclosure in itself, because our sole understanding of substance is based upon effect. But while we can't be satisfied by this as a disclosure, it is still quite possible that we will be caught up in a kind of ontological entanglement.

By positing the separation of substance and effect as a fetish (so that we have an ostensible effect), magical yet mundane substances such as apples, figs or grapes have come to represent the forbidden fruit/fruit of knowledge of good and evil. Yet each of these substances cannot begin to explain (cause) why they should ever have been forbidden, or how they could inspire even the illusion of profound knowledge.

Someone will frankly assure me now that "spirituality" of each of these myths of substance is found within. Yet again, their ethereal disposition becomes a burden of mine, as I here consider what they conveniently articulate along with that spirit. A spiritual ideal...if it were only that! To this assertion of spirit the only direct argument would be to attack the spiritual ideal that their substance has aligned with. Rhetorically, I understand that spirit is untouchable, and further, this is not what I am here to do.

But what if we were not considering each substance in its specific significance, but as a recurrent theme in theology? Why is substance so often mystified? That I am too literal or base in my consideration of substance (as a substance of matter) is a rather convenient line when it is duly considered to be the apex of Judeo-Christian ideology as the forbidden fruit. And what about transubstantiation as the fundamental miracle of JHC?

Its reasonable to have a spiritual ideal, but if its grounded in substance, you can't just say its a mind/matter thing, where mind only (positively) "matters". I mean, you can, but that syntax isn't anything but ridiculous.

In other words, I realize I cannot make anybody consider "a" substance as significant, but I can concretely determine that the criteria for generic substance certainly precedes these articulations of "particular" substances as significant/insignificant as they may be in every conceivable way.

That is to say, the only conceivable definition of a generic substance is an effective one. And that's all we need to know about these myths, even if the subsequent experience is subjective. Here is where most people lose track. They mistake the subjective experience for the question of what the particular substance is. They think the substance is subjective, in its nondisclosure. Thus, with a strong ideology, this ontological entanglement allows someone to maintain a "mystical skepticism", without offering any conceivable alternative, besides the implied apple, pear, or grape.

The particular substance doesn't matter though, so long as we understand the essence as it is disclosed to us - an effective substance that is interpreted (there's your subject!) as profound. That interpretation is even better actually, for on what other grounds would it be "forbidden" or mystified other than explicitly interpreted?

So here we finally have encountered the disjunction; our question, in its basic form. In certain religious ideologies, the wonder and existential insecurity of Mind/body, spirit/substance is projected into the relative substance itself - either making substance known as something "magic" at the same time that it is real; or specifically unknown, while posited generically as something real. Of course, its not only that, but this is this is applied to (mis)represent the real substances that might authentically raise/disclose these existential issues through interpretation of the experiences they immanently cause.

Just as well, you could say the fetishistic rituals of certain religions are mistaken for what has REALLY been referred to, improperly or not, as "magic" mushrooms (or whatever else).  In this case, we are now basically speaking of something that is "really interpreted" as profoundly sacred (or magic) to some, and to others, profane enough to be forbidden. That meets the ontological criteria, of a forbidden fruit, but most importantly for this argument, the mushroom or other psychedelics are only considered as such, in due in consequence to its universally substantial effects as the generic criteria of all real substances. In other words, the psychedelic is real, and its "magic" is not befuddled with the ontological uncertainty of what it specifically is.

:eek: :handth: :bow:

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

#11263639 - 10/17/09 01:32 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks, I spent all day on that.

Made some minor but crucial edits just now, just to clarify.

--------------------

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11263973 - 10/17/09 04:14 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:
Quote:

Silversoul said:
Quote:

Poptart said:
Why?

I was referring to the Ayahuasca vine.  And if you can find me any evidence whatsoever of the use of such a concoction in Mediterranean culture prior to the 20th century, I'd love to see it.

What type of tree was the ark of the covenant made of? :wink:

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: The "Bitter Cup" that christ drank from quite possibly could have been ayahuasca. [Re: daytripper23]
    #11264576 - 10/17/09 09:24 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

daytripper23 said:
Thanks, I spent all day on that.

Made some minor but crucial edits just now, just to clarify.

If you wanted to clarify, you could try making it ADHD-compatible by shortening it to a couple paragraphs.

--------------------

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

Re: The [Re: Silversoul]
    #11265452 - 10/17/09 12:35 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I think the subject is a bit lofty to compromise that way. But if you were to take the initiative to break it down, and address a piece at a time, this would be fine with me. As long as you don't pull a Mushroomtrip on me, I can refer to the greater structure of the argument when it's necessary.

But I should make a summary so you can better appropriate this.

My investigation is a genealogical analysis of these substantial myths. I will address the mythology for the most part interpretively, from the inside out.

I begin by indicating that your skepticism is similarly situated within myth. There is nothing necessarily wrong with this, but it is certainly an important  consideration for us: We are not talking about the kind of skepticism expressed in P+S for instance, say, as concerning the existence of God. There is not an ordinary lack of evidence for my claim, but a lack of specific evidence towards some particular substance that certainly exists, as posited by these myths. As I said, the question of a mystified substance is constituted first by the certainty of a substance, followed by the "speculations" of what the particular substance is. This is what I describe as our pre-ontological situation.

I believe that these myths of substance are essentially and paradoxically grounded; or stagnant in the pre-ontological. That is, they "beg the question" of what these substances particularly are, but really only preserve that mystery.

I then deconstruct the possible structures that preserve the difference between A substance and THE substance; chiefly the fetish, which is usually suggested by these ideologies. I acknowledge that a spirituality that is grounded in this kind of magic, cannot, or will not be argued with. On the other hand, if someone's spirituality is grounded in substance without acknowledging this, it is what I will define appropriately as fetish.

Basically, I come to point out that any preservation of the difference between A substance and THE substance is inconceivable. Not only that, I say that this inconceivability is implausible as a positive suggestion. In the problem of finding evidence towards any specific substance, most people have come to adopt an agnostic stance to this concern. But because the myth raises this ontological premise, assuring trajectory towards a certain knowledge (from A substance to The substance), we should understand this agnostic stance as problematic in itself. We cannot sensibly remain agnostic to the question concerning substance. 1

That we are indeed speaking of an actual substance in these myths, as opposed to an impossible question, is first satisfied by psychedelics (satisfactorily a generic substance) . Second, that the ontologically specific suggestion of these myths is concretely met by psychedelics, as opposed to what is suggested by underhand fetishistic suggestions, solidifies this claim (as satisfactorily "the" substance). This is just a lengthy way of making us seriously consider the words articulated in these myths in "ordinary" terms: They talk about a substance that causes profound effects.

The fact that we live in a society that interprets profundity, rather than claiming it as such, should not be mistaken for the substantial grounds of this claim. Rather, it seems reasonable to understand that these myths were formed due to differing opinions. This is the basic point I am making. If we seriously consider what a forbidden fruit was in the past, why is the suggestion of contemporarily forbidden fruit scoffed at? Because it is forbidden?

Myths have so much weight today, that my intention might look like it seeks to prove that psychedelics are profound based on their situation in these texts. But realistically, and as much as my words can basically assure you, I think I am describing it the other way around. My experience, my investigation, as well as all existence, may all be considered to precede essence. Supposing that existence precedes essence in the realm of interpretation; is that ritual precedes the text. This is the controversy.

But historically, and as the character of genuine investigation, we are working through A controversy, from A substance to The substance.

I can't concretely determine what genuine speculation is. The more "open minded" people I have met will typically split the difference. Not an apple, but Ginseng or Chamomile tea maybe. Or some natural wonder herb. Or maybe even Ayurveda. Basically, I am at most met with legitimate herbs that I have experience with and would situate at the very low end of the spectrum of the "profound and profane" in herbalism. 

Then there are the crazies like me. I know how it looks. But what I am suggesting is merely a radical answer to what is clearly radical suggestion.

--------------------

Edited by daytripper23 (10/17/09 10:34 PM)

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#11266496 - 10/17/09 04:09 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

^^^ Can anyone translate what he just said?

--------------------

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11266564 - 10/17/09 04:21 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

daytripper23 said:
"The myth of a mystical enlightening substance may be the substance in question itself." :undecided:.

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

#11266621 - 10/17/09 04:32 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

OfflineHeffy
BrauMeister
 User Gallery

Loc: International Traveller
    #11267614 - 10/17/09 07:33 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
Quote:

Heffy said:

What evidence would that be?

In exodus 30:23 the lord speaks to Moses, giving him a recipe for the holy anointing oil.

Quote:

30:23  Take thou also unto thee principal spices, of pure myrrh five hundred shekels, and of sweet cinnamon half so much, even two hundred and fifty shekels, and of sweet calamus two hundred and fifty shekels,

The KJV of the bible lists the third ingredient as "calamus", however this is a mistranslation from the original Hebrew word Kaneh-Bosm.

In the 1980's the current authority on the Hebrew language, Ben Yehudah, wrote that the original translation of the word Kaneh-Bosm was Cannabis Sativa.

Depending on how you judge the weight of the shekel, that equals between 6 and 9 pounds of cannabis flowers added into the anointing oil that was to be used as "ointment" as well as placed on all the alters, and rubbed on the candles and incense burners.

--------------------
I am the king of Rome, and above grammar! - Emperor Sigismund

OfflinePoptart
 User Gallery

#11281045 - 10/19/09 10:24 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
^^^ Can anyone translate what he just said?

No I think he said it quite beautifully.

Just take the time to read it and understand it.

Because he took alot of time to write it.

Putting his heart and soul into his words

And nobody ever seems to notice or care.

But I do. You should too.

OfflinePoptart
 User Gallery

#11281054 - 10/19/09 10:26 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

daytripper23 said:

Lol I love how you can be serious and not at the same time...

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #11281144 - 10/19/09 10:44 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

every nameless beverage in every folk tale is obviously psychedelic, see any 60's disney movie

667 neighbour of the beast

--------------------

OfflinePoptart
 User Gallery

Re: The "Bitter Cup" that christ drank from quite possibly could have been ayahuasca. [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #11281895 - 10/20/09 01:21 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

b0red5tiff said:
every nameless beverage in every folk tale is obviously psychedelic, see any 60's disney movie

667 neighbour of the beast

This is true as it is referenced to in about 20% of the movies I watch.

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: The "Bitter Cup" that christ drank from quite possibly could have been ayahuasca. [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #11281903 - 10/20/09 01:24 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

6X6X6 = lumber of the beast. :satan:

OfflinePoptart
 User Gallery

Re: The "Bitter Cup" that christ drank from quite possibly could have been ayahuasca. [Re: Middleman]
    #11281915 - 10/20/09 01:27 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Middleman said:
6X6X6 = lumber of the beast. :satan:

The number of man/ego/devil

7 is where it is at :rofl:

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#11290385 - 10/21/09 05:58 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

:foreheadslap: god dam kids :foreheadslap:

this guy is being as bad as the delusional james auther guy i hate that fuck tard

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

Re: The "Bitter Cup" that christ drank from quite possibly could have been ayahuasca. [Re: thedudenj]
    #11292414 - 10/21/09 02:09 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well, its either that or a fetish.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract