Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGeorgiaGrown311
Stranger
Amanita muscaria in Georgia? Is it good to eat?
    #11258438 - 10/16/09 07:58 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Habitat:
Cemetery (lol); Under Loblolly Pine Needles, very damp Georgia flood aftermath weather, wet wood, sweetgums.

Other information:
Has a fresh, enjoyable mushroom sent. I was wondering if Weilii can still be found during this time of year. I found a huge cluster of them a month ago, but we are about to have a cold front come through. I submitted a picture for one of you mycologists ID this Amanita muscaria, if that is what I assume it is, and if it is edible and psychedelic.

What is the average amount required for a person to eat of this type of yellow/orange Amanita muscaria? And, with the Weilii, I am in North Fulton and I was wondering when their main seasons are, as I am a newly found lover of them, and I hope to find a couple more clusters before the freeze. Please get back to me with some info, and thanks for the care and help!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHerbBaker
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Amanita muscaria in Georgia? Is it good to eat? [Re: GeorgiaGrown311]
    #11258467 - 10/16/09 08:08 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Amanita muscaria var. persicina

Offlinephishhead
down to fragglerock...
 User Gallery

Loc: roswell, georgia
    #11258479 - 10/16/09 08:12 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

is the stipe yellow or white? looks to be but i would never tell someone to eat this type of mushroom honestly because from what ive read and heard from alot of people this is not a very enjoyable experience. Cooking is needed for this mushroom to get rid of most of the toxins that cause neausea. Ive heard alot of different methods like putting them on a low setting in the oven or things like that but i have found that true fly argarics are very nice if you take the skin from the cap, dry it and smoke it. I have done this in the past and also recently and it is a very nice mellow buzz. Kinda like a pain killer feeling but when you smoke it, it hits you instantly. has anyone else tried this?

--------------------
"Moderation is the key to life..."

OfflineJeffedelic
Fucked Up On Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Freedomland
Re: Amanita muscaria in Georgia? Is it good to eat? [Re: phishhead]
    #11259194 - 10/16/09 11:05 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I've been wanting to put the skin of 4-5 large caps into a hookah.

I had my first amanita experience wednesday off of some A. Persicina and it was somewhat enjoyable. It was certainly a "new" feeling, which is something I haven't had from a substance in quite a while.

--------------------

"It's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world." -Lester Burnham

OfflineShroomHunting
Starting fresh
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle, Washington
Re: Amanita muscaria in Georgia? Is it good to eat? [Re: Jeffedelic]
    #11259423 - 10/16/09 11:41 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

they are safe to eat. you will want to dry them in your oven at the lowest temp until completely dry. this will convert some of the ibotenic acid into the desired chemical, muscarine. eating them raw will almost gaurantee you puke...alot. you may also vomit after cooking them, but it will not be as bad. when i dose on them i take a couple of caps and make tea with it, because i find it easier to consume, and easier on my stomach. Do not eat this expecting a psilocybin type high, they are not even close. i would compare it to a drunk-high feeling, only clear minded and able to process my thoughts as if i were sober. You should definately do some research on them before you consume, so you have an idea of what to expect. These mushrooms are illegal to consume, so everything here is just an example of what i choose to do, and i am in no way advising you to consume any illegal substances

OfflineShroomDoom944
Stranger
    #11260026 - 10/16/09 01:37 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

hell yeah man.
I'm finding tons of these around Georgia.
I've collected at least 25 specimens so far. And have places I know fruit alot.

Me and my buddy ate some in some scrambled eggs the other day. Fried up 2.5 fresh caps. I felt minimal effects. just a warmth and energetic feeling.
My friend got some different but typical mild effects.
You should read about them.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract