Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleKukaracha
Cat wannabe
Male User Gallery

How is growing up?
    #11254294 - 10/15/09 03:58 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I had some thoughts today...
How was growing up for you?
And I'm talking to those who are over their thirties.

When was, in your opinion, the highlight of your life? Was it your childhood? How was it? Did you forget about your dreams? What about the people around you? Do you have many regrets? And, overall, how do you feel about having more and more years behind you?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBand of Gypsys
Stranger

Loc: Mountains on the Moon
Re: How is growing up? [Re: Kukaracha]
    #11254644 - 10/15/09 04:52 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I will let you know when it happens.

InvisibleKukaracha
Cat wannabe
Male User Gallery

Re: How is growing up? [Re: Band of Gypsys]
    #11254703 - 10/15/09 05:01 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

That doesn't help at all. :mad2:

I was just curious about what older people felt about what they've been through, and what I could understand from that.

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

#11256714 - 10/15/09 10:19 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Growing up sucks.

I turn 30 this month.

My best times I can remeber are childhood stuff.

My FUNNEST times were 18-24 , drugs and women.

I cant REALLY say I regret anything..... I would not be the person I am without my past..... For good or for bad.

And, I think I can live with that.

Oh, And I am scared to death of getting old. I used to think people turned into boring old people at 30....... like at some point their feelings and opinions just wouldnt matter anymore.

But, I am probably just scared.

My life isnt "better" or "worse" than it was, and I have feeling, that if anything it gets "better".

I will now move the "fear of death deadline" up to age 40.

After 40, its over. the curtains will start to draw on this stained glass charade....... my facultys will begin a slow and painful deline, where I will then die in some hospital surrounded by strangers and everything smelling like that wierd hospital cleaner they use........:grin:

InvisibleKukaracha
Cat wannabe
Male User Gallery

Re: How is growing up? [Re: Shad0w]
    #11259451 - 10/16/09 11:46 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

It'd be nice to have the advice of those who claim being the elders here, please share your thoughts with a youngster.
Also, have you noticed that people grow apart, or is that false?

OfflineC.M. Mann
subconscious explorer
Male

Loc: Florida
    #11259838 - 10/16/09 12:55 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

As someone over thirty, I would like to comment.  It doesn't matter what your situation is, your attitude guides your happiness.  You are in total control.  The world is a strange and wondrous place, if someone can't find something to get excited about each and every day it's their fault. I wouldn't go back in time for nothing. I enjoy being my age, and I'm having more fun than ever.  Some times it takes thirty or forty years for people to understand what is important, many never do!

OfflineFraggin
Multi-Faceted
 User Gallery

Re: How is growing up? [Re: C.M. Mann]
    #11260183 - 10/16/09 02:02 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Agreed. ^

I still have the same quirks and insecurities at 32 that I had when I was 16, so it's kind like, I still feel somewhat like a kid.

The only time thats important, is the present moment. If you can learn to enjoy the present moment, you've pretty much won at life.

InvisibleChronic7
    #11260232 - 10/16/09 02:11 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

To be honest i think a new born baby is wiser than most people who claim wisdom comes with age

Some feel that they've had such a hard life that its moulded them into a wise being

Real wisdom is timeless, it can not be moulded, a 21 year old can see it & an 81 year old can see it

The term wisdom for me only applies to Buddhahood, everything else is knowing a temporary object

:peace:

--------------------

OfflineTri High
Whigro
 User Gallery

Loc: Monaghan, Ireland
Re: How is growing up? [Re: Chronic7]
    #11260338 - 10/16/09 02:29 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

At the age of 30+, do you feel like you're in the prime of your life, or at least in decent health enough to start getting to work on your dreams, after having had time to work real 'career-type' jobs?

My plan is to graduate college, make enough money to buy 60 acres, then get to work on the land by the time I'm 32. 

when I'm 32, will I feel up to it still, or should I start working on it right now?

The problem is finding the money to be able to buy the land that I can call my own.

Holler.

Tri

--------------------
you just need money to get laid - starfire_xes

OfflineFraggin
Multi-Faceted
 User Gallery

Re: How is growing up? [Re: Tri High]
    #11260641 - 10/16/09 03:22 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I went rock climbing for the first time when I was 30. (on my birthday) I realized how out of shape I was, so I bought an elliptical. By the time I was 31, I had lost 25 pounds. I realized how my computer job = a sedintary lifestyle and I felt older than I was. I got into mountain biking, swimming, hiking and yoga to stay physically fit. I just recently bought a kayak, and now am looking for a 2nd kayak so I can take my 6 year old on kayak expeditions with me.
I also recently scheduled an exam to take to boost my career so I can make a little more money so I can play a little more on the weekends.

Your perception of your age is more limiting than your age itself. It is true, that you are only as old as you feel. If your life is not filled with activity, exercise and social stimulation, you will not feel that great. I was in the best shape of my life between 18 and 20 years old... I slowly went downhill after 22. Where I am now, I am as physically fit, stronger, and enduring as I was when I was 20 and I expect it will stay that way until I break my routine or until I hit about age 50 or get struck with a bad disease.

I learned this from my dad who is 58 years old and still works with the same intensity and strenght as an 18 year old. As long as you are active, in good health, and make it a habit to get your heart pumping on a weekly basis, you will generally feel younger than your age.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck