Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Hygrometer, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinegalenmistmantle
PRO!
Male User Gallery

Humidity
    #11255847 - 10/15/09 10:08 PM (8 years, 7 days ago)

I live in Sydney Australia in a pretty dry climate, im growing atm but im constantly worried that my relative himidity is too low, im using a shotgun terrarium with perlite and misting a few times every day. My hygrometer hasnt arrived in the mail yet so thats a problem atm.
If my humidity is too low once i recieve my hygrometer what can i do to fix this, i was thinking of a cool mist humidifier but i need sumthing very discrete and quiet. Im growing in my wardrobe cause its dark and full of shelves.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSA5M
Rapid Colonizer
 User Gallery

Loc: Makyo Star
Re: Humidity [Re: galenmistmantle]
    #11255921 - 10/15/09 10:19 PM (8 years, 7 days ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Mountain Northwest
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Humidity [Re: SA5M]
    #11256866 - 10/16/09 12:40 AM (8 years, 7 days ago)

The humidity is probably fine, but I'd worry about the lack of fresh air exchange in a closet.  Fresh air is the main pinning trigger.  You'll have better success if you'll put the terrarium elevated on blocks on a table or shelf in an open room.  A bright window nearby is also good.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinehitch hiker
OU812
Male User Gallery

#11256885 - 10/16/09 12:44 AM (8 years, 7 days ago)

Wow that's pretty elaborate.

--------------------

where can I find this picture

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Humidity [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #11256900 - 10/16/09 12:47 AM (8 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
The humidity is probably fine, but I'd worry about the lack of fresh air exchange in a closet.  Fresh air is the main pinning trigger.  You'll have better success if you'll put the terrarium elevated on blocks on a table or shelf in an open room.  A bright window nearby is also good.
RR

like he said.  FAE is the mushrooms best friend during fruiting stage.  you can sacrafice some humidity, but get lack of fae and your mushrooms are going to look like little noodles... Atleats try to open your cabinet and fan your mushrooms as much as possible.

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

Offlinekilluminati420
Swimmin in Cyans soon
Male

Loc: PNW, Oregon Coast
Re: Humidity [Re: TacoHerder]
    #11256986 - 10/16/09 01:07 AM (8 years, 7 days ago)

how can i get my RH to at least 95....i got about three inches of perlite in a plastic rubbermaid container....spraying once every morning....fanning a few times a day.....it got up to 93 so i think im good....my mom turned on a fan aimed at my terrarium and it dropped the humidity to 84....its slowly going back up

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Humidity [Re: killuminati420]
    #11257001 - 10/16/09 01:10 AM (8 years, 7 days ago)

make sure your perlite is nice and damp, but no standing water. remember the humidity is created when the water evaporates off the perlite. so after a while you may need to get the perlite damp again.

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

Offlinegalenmistmantle
PRO!
Male User Gallery

Re: Humidity [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #11257726 - 10/16/09 04:56 AM (8 years, 7 days ago)

If i set up a small fan at the bottom of my cupboard (the terrarium is on the top shelf which is about 2 metres above) will this be enough air flow + fanning once or twice a day?

OfflineSA5M
Rapid Colonizer
 User Gallery

Loc: Makyo Star
    #11257843 - 10/16/09 05:48 AM (8 years, 7 days ago)

I always have a fan in any enclosed area w/ fruiting chambers. If not to directly fan just to move the air in the room. I would have it going 24/7 if I could keep the RH high enough.

--------------------

Offlinegalenmistmantle
PRO!
Male User Gallery

#11257872 - 10/16/09 06:12 AM (8 years, 7 days ago)

Ive opened my cupboard up and have my ceiling fan on very very low just to circulate some air around, i also have a small aqauirum bubbler set up with a tube pumping air into a small glass of water inside the terrarium (not sure what this will do but it seems like it should do something) :laugh:

InvisibleJitsu
JKD Love
Male User Gallery

#11258382 - 10/16/09 09:42 AM (8 years, 6 days ago)

If you are worried about your Climate's ambient humidity you can run a cool mist humidifier in the room, not your chamber.

--------------------
Do not deny the classical approach, simply as a reaction, or you will have created another pattern and trapped yourself there.

How I get my Pinsets
The Capabilities Of A Shotgun FC

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Hygrometer, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation