Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

Which DMT Tek would be best?
    #11254717 - 10/15/09 05:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I have roughly 450 grams of POWDERED (and when I say powdered I mean the shit is almost like dust) MHRB and I want to know which tek would be good for me to choose?

I tried the lazy man's tek, but it yielded shit for DMT for some reason. I swirled it around and around but it didn't help anything.

Tried the STB tek according to the STB Tek and Pictoral but ended up with a jar that was consistently black/brown (because it's powder, little dust particles can easily enter the naphtha and remain there, hard to get rid of)

I'm wondering if I shoudl switch to an A/B tek?

I also think that because it's powder and I shook the jar for like 30 minutes everyday that this was the reason it messed up, so I suppose I could do 4 mason jars full of the DMT mixture for extraction.

Also, once I separate the naptha from the DMT mixture would it be better to let the naphtha evaporate over a few days or leave it in the freezer for a few days, pour off the naptha through a coffee filter so I'm left with pure, non-yellow DMT, then take the remaining naphtha and repeat steps?

Since I have such a small amount of MHRB I don't want to mess this up. I ended up using over 600 g for my first few extractions, and ended up with BARELY 50 mg because of some of the mentioned mistakes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Which DMT Tek would be best? [Re: Angel_Above]
    #11254726 - 10/15/09 05:04 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

nature boys

450 grams is a lot, lol.

you want it to be dust - i think you're just not correctly doing the procedures.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Edited by pfxtc (10/15/09 05:05 PM)

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

Re: Which DMT Tek would be best? [Re: pfxtc]
    #11254874 - 10/15/09 05:26 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Like I said, my guess and NBs guess for my botched product was because when I put the naphtha in the mixture, I would shake the jar a lot, and the particles made the naphtha unclear. And I don't mean slightly yellow, I mean I couldn't see through it.

So i think the next time I do it I'll just swirl the jar around gently and not shake it, but when I did this (just swirl the top layer around) with the lazy man's tek, the naphtha was only clear because, I mean, figure it.

If I'm just swirling the top layer of naphtha around, how would the DMT in the rootbark on the bottom of the jar be able to go into the naphtha if all I'm doing it swirling? It wouldn't

but the last time I tried anything but swirling I got a dark brown naphtha that stayed brown no matter how long I let the jar sit for.

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #11255001 - 10/15/09 05:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Follow the tek EXACTLY.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

Re: Which DMT Tek would be best? [Re: pfxtc]
    #11255069 - 10/15/09 05:58 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Feel free to invert, roll, swirl and otherwise mix the layers together several times per day for one day...with this concentration NaOH no emulsion will form...unless you shake vigorously, which may result in an emulsion.  Swirling alone works quite well.

That's from the tek.

See how it says mix the layers? FOr one jar I shook it a lot, the other I would turn it over on its side and go from there which didn't yield any DMT

OfflineIce House Shaman
Rider on the Storm
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #11256724 - 10/15/09 10:21 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

If you couldnt do those two very simple tek correctly, I'd give up if I were you and just do a Mimosa Rue brew. That works good.

If you couldnt get the two easy ones youl never be able to an a/b extraction. No way.

Dont get me wrong. I am rooting for ya, however at some point you gotta cut your losses and choose something you can do. Mimosa Rue Brew.

--------------------
you are not who i thought i was...

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

Re: Which DMT Tek would be best? [Re: Ice House Shaman]
    #11256869 - 10/15/09 10:41 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

How much is used in a normal brew?

Heard I would only need a few grams or so

I'm still going ti try the NBs STB tek, because I know what I did wrong and that was shake the jar too much

Offlineutk
Ellis, Dee M.D
    #11259750 - 10/16/09 12:40 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ok bro let me add a few modifications for your recipie since your using powdered bark.
1.Dump 100g of bark into a 3gallon container(preferably glass with a lid)
2. Pour a small amount of naphtha ontop of the dry bark
3.Let the mixture settle and pour off the fatty laced naphtha
4.Use a potato masher or similar object to squeeze the remaining naphtha out of the bark
5.Add 2L of DISTILLED water
6.Weigh out 200g of sodium hydroxide and slowly pour into the solution
7.Periodically put the cap on the container and shake it around to mix lye in.Make sure to open the jar to avoid buildup of fumes.
8.The jar should be really warm from the exothermic reaction of adding sodium hydroxide. The solution should look golden black at this point.
9.While the jar is still warm pour in naptha and put the lid back on the jar. Try rolling the jar around outside to mix the 2 layers well.
10.Allow the 2 layers to separate which shouldn't take long at all with this method.Just watch for bubbly emulsions of the black layer.
11.Siphon off the top layer with a needless syringe

12. From here there are 2 routes you can take. You can either evaporate the naphtha on a pyrex plate with a fan or freeze concentrated naphtha in a dozen shot glasses. I would recommend the latter because it usually produces the white or off white colored spice. Some evaporated stuff melts with mild heat but the frozen stuff makes rocks when its in hot weather.

As far as making a mimosa brew with rye I would say nay. You should try spice first and then experiment with the clean trip of pharmahuasca via caapi copy and spice. Its easier to know exactly what your getting into with extractions but you might overdo it with a brew due to variable alkaloid content.

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

Re: Which DMT Tek would be best? [Re: utk]
    #11260110 - 10/16/09 01:51 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Thank you, but the only forseeable problem would be when I add the naphtha in the first few steps, how will I be able to get every last drop out? I imagine some would soak up there unable to get out.

And how much naphtha? Yu saying like 10 ml or 100 ml

Offlineutk
Ellis, Dee M.D
    #11260420 - 10/16/09 02:42 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

was your extraction like a thin soup consistency. It should not be thick or naphtha will be trapped in the bark.Use about 250ml of naphtha to ensure I get a nice gram pull off a qp. There will always be some naphtha you cant separate but you can get most of it which is good enough. Low yeilds with STB indicate that the mix was sitting too long, the temperature might have been low when the naphtha was pulled,there wasnt enough water or sink water was used, the mix wasnt shaken enough, not enough lye/naphtha. Theres alot of variables but the tek I posted doesnt usually fail. The normal STB calls for half the water needed to thin out a powdered bark soup. You can start it in the afternoon and be spicing tomorrow. Happy trails just make the next one slow with attention to detail. Like if your impatient and add lye too fast it can vaporize the spice(140F).

EDIT:sorry i skimmed your post but just use enough naphtha to cover it for the defat. You will see the nasty fatty crap come out of the bark.

Edited by utk (10/16/09 02:44 PM)

OfflineIce House Shaman
Rider on the Storm
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #11260823 - 10/16/09 03:51 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Angel_Above said:
How much is used in a normal brew?

Heard I would only need a few grams or so

I'm still going ti try the NBs STB tek, because I know what I did wrong and that was shake the jar too much

8 grams MHRB powdered and 3 grams syrian rue crushed.

--------------------
you are not who i thought i was...

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger

Re: Which DMT Tek would be best? [Re: Ice House Shaman]
    #11260902 - 10/16/09 04:02 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

All you had to do was a sodium carbonate wash on your brown naptha.... did you toss all your extraction jars?

edit:takes a grand total of 30 min to complete

Edited by Tomandjerry58 (10/16/09 04:04 PM)

Offlinebystarlight
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Which DMT Tek would be best? [Re: utk]
    #14013461 - 02/23/11 01:08 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

utk said:
Ok bro let me add a few modifications for your recipie since your using powdered bark.
1.Dump 100g of bark into a 3gallon container(preferably glass with a lid)
2. Pour a small amount of naphtha ontop of the dry bark
3.Let the mixture settle and pour off the fatty laced naphtha
4.Use a potato masher or similar object to squeeze the remaining naphtha out of the bark
5.Add 2L of DISTILLED water
6.Weigh out 200g of sodium hydroxide and slowly pour into the solution
7.Periodically put the cap on the container and shake it around to mix lye in.Make sure to open the jar to avoid buildup of fumes.
8.The jar should be really warm from the exothermic reaction of adding sodium hydroxide. The solution should look golden black at this point.
9.While the jar is still warm pour in naptha and put the lid back on the jar. Try rolling the jar around outside to mix the 2 layers well.
10.Allow the 2 layers to separate which shouldn't take long at all with this method.Just watch for bubbly emulsions of the black layer.
11.Siphon off the top layer with a needless syringe

12. From here there are 2 routes you can take. You can either evaporate the naphtha on a pyrex plate with a fan or freeze concentrated naphtha in a dozen shot glasses. I would recommend the latter because it usually produces the white or off white colored spice. Some evaporated stuff melts with mild heat but the frozen stuff makes rocks when its in hot weather.

I plan on doing my own extraction in the coming days, and came across this exceptional post. I felt the need to post ( and bump this thread ( sorry ) ) because I wanted to validate a couple possible misconceptions I have about the process.

The TEK's I've read, and I've read many!, have all mentioned multiple extractions. This guide doesn't show multiple extractions, or am I missing that?

Also, what type of container do most people use for this process?

Is this essentially the Lazy Man's tek for powdered mimosa?

Again, sorry to bump a year old topic.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order