Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

I can't stand my brothers "humor"..I am losing my cool
    #11254034 - 10/15/09 05:21 PM (8 years, 9 days ago)

Alright, I am 21 he is 24 and we live together in my mothers apartment at the time. My brother has pretty much no real social life, spends everyday for years now mainly sitting in front of the computer playing games and talking to his internet buddies who he has been talking to for years it seems. He never had a job longer than a few months and is currently having difficulty finding work like I am. He went to college(I didn't) but it seems that I have much more life experience than him. I consider myself to be rather well rounded to be honest. He never wants to go to a social environment with the exception of a few times after I badger him to come out. He is honestly a bit awkward around people and can only seem to talk about games or certain movies. He also comes off as a dickhead when he disagrees with a subject, as if he knows he is right all the time. It's really difficult to explain, but he is hard to have an open conversation with. Obviously he seems to lack confidence, especially with women because he has never had a girlfriend, and he dresses too bummy most of the time, and is quite overweight.

now, I know I probably seem like an asshole complaining about my brother to strangers on a forum, but I honestly love and care for him and wish he can break out of his shell and get out there and grab life by the balls! I try to help him by inviting him but he don't want to 99% of the time.

This is the part where I bring up how I am "losing my cool".

I have been noticing for about a few months now, he has been acting very strange and annoying. We live in a pretty small place and the only communication I seem to have lately is him coming up to me singing some really lame immature song that he makes up. An example would, "you are soo stuupiiid, and you like to eaat peepeeee"(tons of shit like that). He would also ask me stuff like, "you don't love me anymore?" or "can I lick you all over?". He say's it all in a joking fashion but it is getting very pathetic and annoying because it is honestly not funny. It is just constantly delivered the same way and happens waay too often. He also slaps my ass many times and says "Oh baby!".

It is just getting a little out of hand and I hate the thought of being very straight with him and telling him that he is not being funny but extremely annoying. I really don't want to hurt his feelings, but I have nasty anxiety issues as of recent and I try not to blow up on people but I think it will happen soon if he keeps up with the child-like humor.

How the heck am I supposed to handle this one? Especially seeing that I am the youngest brother of 3.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHereNowBreathing
The New Girl
Female

Loc: Canada
Re: I can't stand my brothers "humor"..I am losing my cool [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #11255196 - 10/15/09 08:17 PM (8 years, 9 days ago)

Is your brother ... "mentally challenged"?  Or... maybe just a late bloomer?
Maybe you could write him a letter, and find a way of writing your feelings for him in such a way that he could receive what you're saying?

I'd do everything I could to move out, though.  Sounds rough.  Does smoking pot help with your anxiety/patience with your brother?

--------------------
:stoned:  Be the Change!

Anonymous #1

Re: I can't stand my brothers "humor"..I am losing my cool [Re: HereNowBreathing]
    #11255872 - 10/15/09 10:12 PM (8 years, 9 days ago)

He isn't mentally challenged. Just doesn't know how to act his age. Probably from a lack of communication from the outside world. He is stuck on the screens.

I recently started smoking pot again, and it makes me feel good but I haven't smoked around him. I think I would be brutally honest with him if I was.

I am also supposed to move out december'ish

OfflineHereNowBreathing
The New Girl
Female

Loc: Canada
Re: I can't stand my brothers "humor"..I am losing my cool [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #11256003 - 10/15/09 10:30 PM (8 years, 9 days ago)

Maybe you guys could smoke pot together and talk about it.

--------------------
:stoned:  Be the Change!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being