Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTD42
Traveller
Male
Thinking about taking shrooms again (after panic/anxiety)
    #11253189 - 10/15/09 03:23 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Hello again peeps.

Last year I had a bit of a bad experience (which 2 weeks later caused panic/anxiety). Once again shroom season has arrived and I'm thinking about trying shrooms again.

I really want to experience. But at the same time I am slightly afraid and do not want to go through the weeks/months of panic/anxiety I had last time. You can read about this previous experience in my previous post.

Since then I have done a few drugs and had little or no problems (Marijuana is fine although sometimes get a bit paranoid, mephedrone was great, speed never again because of the terrible comedown and it's kinda pointless)

If I were to do it again then I would start with a VERY low dose just to see if it has any effect at all (no more than 20 libs). If that went well then next time I would try no more than 35.

Anyone have any advice?

Edit: forgot to mention. I won't be tripping alone this time and will most likely go out exploring or whatever else I want to do.

--------------------
Some men see things that are and ask why; I dream things that never were and say 'Why not?'.

Edited by TD42 (10/15/09 03:31 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinehousecat
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Thinking about taking shrooms again (after panic/anxiety) [Re: TD42]
    #11253228 - 10/15/09 03:29 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Man, I am in the EXACT same boat as you. I'm not gonna trip alone though, I'm going to trip with a friend who I am close to and did mushrooms with previously. I actually had 3 trips within a one week span which I think really fucked me over for a long time. I've gotten better slowly and I think shrooms will be the final cure although I'm scared it will push me into an even worse state. Remember, just because it's in your head doesn't mean it's real.

I've been looking for liberty caps in a feild near my house recently and saw many budding colonies. it rained yesterday so I'm gonna go back and have myself a look. If I trip well, I'll tell you how it went.

--------------------

My beautiful hookah

"in the 60's people took acid to make the world seem weird. Now the world is weird, and people take prozac to make it seem normal."

Offlinehousecat
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Thinking about taking shrooms again (after panic/anxiety) [Re: housecat]
    #11253248 - 10/15/09 03:32 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

After doing the shrooms, I felt deep regret for fucking up my brain. I felt like I had wasted my entire life. I felt like I had lost my old, beautiful personality (and I had) I felt guilt for my family because I was not the same son that I had always been, and not the same big brother to my little sisters who I'd always been so great with. I slowly got over it, however I don't think I've fixed my problems so much as learned to accept them.. I know they messed with me quite a bit although at least 60% of the effects were purely in my head. I even stopped smoking weed because even though it made me feel better I knew I would come down and be my depressed old self again after about 30 minutes. It's been 6 months and I still think about how they messed me up every single day.

--------------------

My beautiful hookah

"in the 60's people took acid to make the world seem weird. Now the world is weird, and people take prozac to make it seem normal."

Edited by housecat (10/15/09 03:35 PM)

OfflineTD42
Traveller
Male
    #11253260 - 10/15/09 03:34 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Good to see I'm not alone. :smile:

I forgot to mention I will not be tripping alone this time. We'll probably go on a walk about or on a bicycle ride or something too.

Good luck with your trip.

--------------------
Some men see things that are and ask why; I dream things that never were and say 'Why not?'.

OfflineSmitington
Unidentified Flying Object
Male

Loc: Mushroom Kingdom
Re: Thinking about taking shrooms again (after panic/anxiety) [Re: TD42]
    #11253261 - 10/15/09 03:34 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Advice:

Have somebody with you this time, or better yet have that person be tripping too.

Do less.

Fear and anxiety, any negative feeling can consume you while tripping, and the problem is we naturally feed into it and it keeps growing.  You gotta learn how to identify when these bad feelings come on and find a way to calm yourself.  For me, I force myself to lay still, and clear my mind, you have to just drop whatever thoughts you have and just be.. It's hard to explain but it's the best way I know to turn a bad trip around.

Good vibes:

Mushrooms can be amazing when you are in a good environment and know what your are doing.  I'm sure you will have a good trip. :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisibletrip forever
Stranger

#11253700 - 10/15/09 04:37 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Trip again, but with a friend. Also you seem to get used to it more so you'll know how to handle a bad trip a lot better.

--------------------

Offlinecybershroom
Synesthetic
Male

Re: Thinking about taking shrooms again (after panic/anxiety) [Re: trip forever]
    #11275589 - 10/19/09 05:25 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I think one of the things I'm worried about when I try shrooms, is that it'll change me.

Thing is you hear people who say it doesn't change them at all, then you hear all these horror stories of people who've permanently damaged themselves through a bad experience.

I've been able to get bad experiences on Marijunana, and they're terrifying, I'd imagine mushrooms would be a thousand times worse, and that thought alone scares me to death from trying them.

--------------------
"Excuse me, while I kiss the sky"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience