Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletruffleupagus
Male User Gallery

60's fake hippies?
    #11248400 - 10/14/09 07:33 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I've been wondering lately if a lot of the self-proclaimed hippies of the 60's maybe just dressed the part, but weren't true hippies.

That's what I think of my parents anyway.

Yeah, they both had long hair and did psychedelics and all that.  But I think I'd be on a better level of understanding with them if they really were what they claim to have been.

Quite frankly, I wonder if there's more hippies in our generation right now (late teens to early thirties).

Don't get me wrong.  I know there were plenty of brilliant minds during that time period who deserve that title.  But I think it has more to do with a state of mind than musical preferences or dress.

It seems like DMT and mushrooms are more popular now, as opposed to LSD then.  So that could have something to do with it.  Not to knock acid in any way whatsoever, but I see it as something that connects you more with the earth and other people.  Whereas, the other 2 I firmly believe connect you with something more otherworldly, in addition.

Or it could be that these people did get a lot of insight but then the coke wave of the 70's fucked it up. :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBuckthorn
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: 60's fake hippies? [Re: truffleupagus]
    #11248429 - 10/14/09 07:36 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I think all of the hippies from the 60's have just forgotten their hippie values and with time merged back into society.

Invisibletruffleupagus
Male User Gallery

Re: 60's fake hippies? [Re: Buckthorn]
    #11248455 - 10/14/09 07:39 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Enpo said:
I think all of the hippies from the 60's have just forgotten their hippie values and with time merged back into society.

Yeah, you're probably right.  Raising families and stuff like that probably contributes.

And I don't mean any offense to any of the older folks on here.  If you're on here then you're probably a real hippie. :lol:

InvisibleSalomon
ಠ︵ಠ balance ಠ_ಠ weaver ಠ‿ಠ
Male

Loc: America, FUCK YEAH Flag
Re: 60's fake hippies? [Re: Buckthorn]
    #11248465 - 10/14/09 07:40 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Enpo said:

^ and its a damn shame too

--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT

Invisibletruffleupagus
Male User Gallery

#11248470 - 10/14/09 07:41 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I really need to trip with my mom one of these days.

I can't believe my folks have done peyote but not mushrooms ever.

InvisibleNlightNd1
∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇
Male User Gallery

Loc: Holographic Omniverse
    #11248539 - 10/14/09 07:50 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I've noticed this too. I think a lot of the self-proclaimed hippies of that era were just drawn to the scene because of the drug use and the society drop out lifestyle. I believe that there were a lot more genuine hippies among those generations than today. I rarely meet people in real life who meet this criteria.

--------------------
Turn off your mind, relax and floatdown stream. It is not dying. Lay down all thought, surrender to the void. It is shining.

:darkside: Pink Floyd :darkside:

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#11248603 - 10/14/09 07:59 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

nah i tink more people take LSD now then mushrooms when it comes to hippies they take tons of acid

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Invisibletruffleupagus
Male User Gallery

Re: 60's fake hippies? [Re: NlightNd1]
    #11248717 - 10/14/09 08:16 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

NlightNd1 said:
I believe that there were a lot more genuine hippies among those generations than today. I rarely meet people in real life who meet this criteria.

You could be right about that too.  All I can go by is the fact that I've met a lot of cool people my age.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#11248887 - 10/14/09 08:41 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

SilentGym said:
Quote:

NlightNd1 said:
I believe that there were a lot more genuine hippies among those generations than today. I rarely meet people in real life who meet this criteria.

You could be right about that too.  All I can go by is the fact that I've met a lot of cool people my age.

i tend to meet alot of cool people but half of them are evil

--------------------

you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

Re: 60's fake hippies? [Re: thedudenj]
    #11249756 - 10/14/09 10:54 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I'm beginning to hate meeting people who are into psychedelics.

They're all into the "Oh cool visuals!" aspect of the trip.

My friends who have tripped, but didn't get visuals claimed they didn't trip at all, as if the visuals were the only part of the trip.

I can assure you, they were TRIPPING face when I was with them, talking out there asses and laughing but they don't consider that to be tripping?

Why do people still see tripping as flying pink elephants and nothing more?

F'in gov't

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: 60's fake hippies? [Re: Angel_Above]
    #11249954 - 10/14/09 11:25 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Angel_Above said:

My friends who have tripped, but didn't get visuals claimed they didn't trip at all, as if the visuals were the only part of the trip.

I can assure you, they were TRIPPING face when I was with them, talking out there asses and laughing but they don't consider that to be tripping?

Why do people still see tripping as flying pink elephants and nothing more?

F'in gov't

dude people seriously see pink elephants tho its weird.

yeah i dont like other people that trip some of the time. its really hard to say cause theres alot of people i like some i love while others ... the psychedelic world isnt much differnt then the non. its similar to the world of people that do war reinactments or that larp

--------------------

OfflineNymphaea
Money-less Wanderer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mitten Flag
    #11250178 - 10/15/09 12:05 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

The world would be a better place if Acid, Shrooms, DMT, and weed replaced the meth, coke, crack, and heroin.

Maybe then you would see more hippies.  :shrug:

Also, there is an ideal set of values upheld by a culture (or counter culture in this case) and then there is an actual set of values.  Many times the ideal and the actual don't match up perfectly or match up for some people but not for others.

--------------------
:huxleyfacepalm:

Plant Trees

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

Re: 60's fake hippies? [Re: Nymphaea]
    #11250200 - 10/15/09 12:10 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Or you would end up with more people hating psychedelics because they "don't get it."

Imagine all the cokeheads doing mushrooms liek they do coke...

InvisibleFrenchMachine

. [Re: Nymphaea]
    #11250202 - 10/15/09 12:10 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Edited by FrenchMachine (02/18/10 05:22 PM)

OfflineNymphaea
Money-less Wanderer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mitten Flag
    #11250296 - 10/15/09 12:26 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Angel_Above said:
Or you would end up with more people hating psychedelics because they "don't get it."

The coke heads do coke the way they do coke because it's coke and it's mad addicting.  I admit, usually these people do not have as much self control and are not as smart.

I guess we don't want psychedelics gaining a bad reputation by being associated with these types of people.  But at least these people would not be as self destructive.  And who knows, a lot of them could be helped by it.

I've seen ignorant low-lives talk deep philosophy and learn apathy on shrooms.  I was so happy to obtain those for them.

I don't know.

:shrug:

--------------------
:huxleyfacepalm:

Plant Trees

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: 60's fake hippies? [Re: FrenchMachine]
    #11252207 - 10/15/09 10:52 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Nymphaea said:
The world would be a better place if Acid, Shrooms, DMT, and weed replaced the meth, coke, crack, and heroin.

Also, there is an ideal set of values upheld by a culture (or counter culture in this case) and then there is an actual set of values.  Many times the ideal and the actual don't match up perfectly or match up for some people but not for others.

dude just cause they dont hold to the super ideals i doubt they even followed back then,doesnt make them less of hippies they are a group of people.

Quote:

Angel_Above said:

dude you can totally take mushrooms like coke they can totally be a party drug, specially in the context of a rave, i guess you dont know about having piles of coke and mushrooms...

Quote:

FrenchMachine said:
Quote:

Nymphaea said:

Isnt that the truth!

Lets also add Salvia, Cactus, & LSA seeds in there and get rid of nasty Alcohol & prescription pain pills!:mad2:

not really salvia the spirit constantly says it shouldnt be used as people aready use it and wants to be left alone

--------------------

Offlinestarfirex
Cactus Hippy
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Mexico
    #11252234 - 10/15/09 10:56 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I was in the movement from 68~75, then I kind of went social.  I'm an engineer now, I started tripping again 3 months ago.  No family now, I'm trying to get back to the old values.  Unfortunately, our society places severe restrictions on your lifestyle if you want to live the free lifestyle. My goal is to play the game until I get a self-sufficient farm built in south New Mexico, and then retire and open a green house and cactus garden....  magic cactus predominately.... :tongue2:

--------------------
If the neighbors complain 'cause the music is too loud, turn it up so you can't hear them bitch. ~ I'm blowing my mind....one ass-kicking trip at a time.... :cool:

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

#11252269 - 10/15/09 11:03 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

thedudenj said:
Quote:

Nymphaea said:

dude just cause they dont hold to the super ideals i doubt they even followed back then,doesnt make them less of hippies they are a group of people.

Quote:

Angel_Above said:

dude you can totally take mushrooms like coke they can totally be a party drug, specially in the context of a rave, i guess you dont know about having piles of coke and mushrooms...

Quote:

FrenchMachine said:
Quote:

Nymphaea said:

Isnt that the truth!

Lets also add Salvia, Cactus, & LSA seeds in there and get rid of nasty Alcohol & prescription pain pills!:mad2:

not really salvia the spirit constantly says it shouldnt be used as people aready use it and wants to be left alone

Don't assume a damn thing about me.

I know about having piles of coke and mushrooms, I have taken mushrooms in a party setting but the mushrooms kicked my ass everytime and I've done balls of coke.

What I'm saying is why would doing a bunch of mushrooms at a party setting benefit people? Most people would tweak out, not being able to handle their doses, while some would only experience the rave aspect of these drugs, much like most of the acid hippies of the 60s did. They even had parties devoted to getting people to try acid (the grateful dead).

If mushrooms and other psychedelics were taken with care and with respect, THEN i could see some good coming from it.

Offlinechillum
lolnoob
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northern Europe
    #11252374 - 10/15/09 11:20 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Angel_Above said:

I have a couple of friends like that, too. One of them recently took something like two grams of shrooms (while being on 5-HT1A/5-HT2 antagonist medication, ffs) and aftwerwards complained about the lack of visuals. Then he went on about not believing there would be any more left for him to learn from the introspective/mystic/absurd aspects of the psychedelic experience. Yeah, he really knows what that is all about! :thumbup: I haven't tripped with him, but I'm planning to...

--------------------
1st grow pics!

Edited by chillum (10/15/09 11:28 AM)

Offlinestarfirex
Cactus Hippy
Male User Gallery

Loc: New Mexico
Re: 60's fake hippies? [Re: chillum]
    #11252416 - 10/15/09 11:29 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I like the visuals, but I'm really getting into the extreme euphoria of having spritual experiences, i.e. visionary stuff.  I have been using 'The Psychedelic Experience' by doctor Timothy Leary (posted on Erowid) and also have a copy of the Tibetan Book of the Dead that I read passages from while I'm tripping.  I would like to get a group of people together and eat heroic doses of magic cactus together and have a spirtual group trip.  I also have a nice Chinese lady friend, she is a middle aged, traditional Chinese woman, she is so impressed with the personality changes she sees in me from doing magic cactus spirtually that she insists she wants to try it!

My point is I think I need to know my purpose before I trip, i.e. spirtual, partying, etc. If I don't it is just blind drug abuse. 

--------------------
If the neighbors complain 'cause the music is too loud, turn it up so you can't hear them bitch. ~ I'm blowing my mind....one ass-kicking trip at a time.... :cool:

Edited by starfirex (10/15/09 11:32 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds