Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDarkMushrooom
Shenkman

Loc: O' Cali
I'm terrified to shroom again..Someone reassure ME
    #1122583 - 12/08/02 05:43 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Hi, I haven't posted in a really long time, or have even visited the site, and there's a very good reason; IM TERRIFIED.  My last trip was maybe, the worst 8 hours of my life....and that's another scary thing; it lasted 8 hours.  :frown: 

I know it was probably because I was solo, and not very experienced with tripping alone. Anyway, it's been about 5 months since I've tripped. I'm buying some shrooms next monday (hopefully). I need a way to make sure I won't get a bad trip. Whenever I think of shrooms my stomache aches...That's how bad a bad trip is for all of you that don't know.

Should I just not shroom again? I really want to though...My first couple of trips were so fun and great times came.

Please, make comments, suggestions and whatever  :grin: 

Peace,
  -----Shenkman 

--------------------
--"Down the rabbit hole and through the talking door lies a world where vibrant colors merge into shapes of fantasy, and music radiates from flowers,"

p.s-formerly Shroomstr

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKillerClown
From Outer Space

Loc: in a dark corner
Re: I'm terrified to shroom again..Someone reassure ME [Re: DarkMushrooom]
    #1122592 - 12/08/02 05:51 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

My first trip was a bad trip, since then I've tripped about 30 more times and they've all been great. But if it stresses you out that much just thinking about tripping again, maybe you're not prepared for psychedelics. Mushrooms aren't for everyone. Good luck in whatever you choose.

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#1122595 - 12/08/02 05:52 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

8 hours? Those are either damn potent mushrooms, you took a huge amount( which explain it being to intense) or someone gave you regular shrooms with acid in them(would explain why it last soo long).
What happened? how did you set up your trip? what was happening during the trip that wasn't to do with you or shrooms(e.g your friend left in the middle of the trip to go home)?
Fill Us in.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

#1123437 - 12/08/02 10:51 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

You need to tell us more about why your trip was so bad

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1123640 - 12/09/02 12:25 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Mushrooms are the most gentile of Psykadelix. You must have not had a good mindset before tripping. You need to have no worry or stress in your life to assure a good trip. You might not have had the best envronment to trip in either. Read up in Trip Tips or something.

It is impossable for me to have a bad trip on shrooms.  :tongue:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Edited by Murex (12/09/02 12:25 AM)

InvisibleMr Wobblehead
WizardExtraordinary &Absolute CocoaSlut

Loc: They tell me it's a hospi...
    #1123666 - 12/09/02 12:32 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Some trips are good, some trips are bad. All trips are true. If you want heaven then you have to accept the existance of hell.

Try just taking 3 grams in cocoa, and work up from there. And if it gets a bit rough eat some pure dark chocolate. Green & Blacks organic chocolate is
excellent.

And read this...

http://www.wf.net/~aardvark/ee/essays/wise_use.htm

OfflineYellowSubmarine
Soviet Pig

Loc: U.S.S.R.
Re: I'm terrified to shroom again..Someone reassure ME [Re: Mr Wobblehead]
    #1123849 - 12/09/02 01:56 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

On the Heaven/Hell thing. Read Aldous Huxeley's 'Heaven and Hell' This says it all.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1123855 - 12/09/02 01:59 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

you should wait until you're not terrified anymore. otherwise, you won't enjoy your trip at all.. you'll just be sitting there terrified, and thats not a good time :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #1123886 - 12/09/02 02:08 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

If you dont like it, why do it??

--------------------

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #1123993 - 12/09/02 03:40 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

You should try large quantities of weed or hashies (I would recommend the last one.)

Then sit on your ass close your eyes (don't fall asleep) and trip away on some soothing music. Read loads of positive trip reports. And catch up on some reading about what you could do to try to prevent it from ever happening again.

Tripping with someone you trust might be something that could also help.

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

Offlinedjgiant
cut up music

Loc: abq,nm
    #1124832 - 12/09/02 12:27 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

thats very strange mr.dark cus i had a pretty crazy/bad trip last time i shroomed, it was when i decided to kick it up fom my usual 4 grams to 7(also my first time solo) a few after that i started tripping when all kinds "drama" went down at my house concerning my parents and there getting divorced and shit, my mom took off to a hotel and all kinds of police were there, all my sisters and shit were crying and im tripping off my ass with no way of getting out of it, wishing i could help/comfort them, since i am there older brother...
it was the best and worst all at once, the trip ended up lasting from 7pm to about 6am, after that trip i had no want to smoke weed(even though i was a daily smoker) or do any kind of drug after that, very life changing type shit..now if i even smoke a little pot, i feel really weird and out of place, although i want to trip again, and plan on doing so soon, so i think you should be fine, and if you have the feeling that you shouldent do em then dont.

Edited by djgiant (12/09/02 12:30 PM)

OfflineDarkMushrooom
Shenkman

...I think I might just wait another week...medita [Re: Strumpling]
    #1125839 - 12/09/02 05:30 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for all of your replies...very helpful.

......I know what I did wrong for the trip anyway. It was my 3rd time, i think, tripping, but I took no precautions
That day I traded a gram for a half eighth of shrooms. Right when I got the shrooms (which was unexpected in the first place) I went home and munched down...ALL ALONE

All the rest of my trips were so great, that I thought I could handle tripping alone. Didn't happen...It was the biggest sense of loneliness, and dying alone I've ever experienced.

It showed me not to fu*k around with these mushrooms, and do them with care...Theyre very powerful 

By the way Aronaut....I didn't know I was going to get a bad trip man...I was just not in the right mindset.

And CounterCulture, I do that all the time...Not with hashish though, but my favorite past time used to be smoking more weed than I ussually could handle and lay down listening to music  :tongue:

--------------------
--"Down the rabbit hole and through the talking door lies a world where vibrant colors merge into shapes of fantasy, and music radiates from flowers,"

p.s-formerly Shroomstr

Edited by DarkMushrooom (12/09/02 05:33 PM)

Offlinehuboldium
Re: ...I think I might just wait another week...medita [Re: DarkMushrooom]
    #1130013 - 12/10/02 06:58 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

the day of your trip i suggegst sleeping in, going for a hard bike ride, swim, run, or some other intense physical activity, hiking is also good, listen to upbeat warm music all day and smoke small amounts of pot, just enough to get you feeling more relaxed, not enough to get you stoned, then eat the mushrooms, wait till you peak, smoke a large quantity of hash/oil/resin/or heavy indica pot

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1131877 - 12/11/02 07:33 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Must admit I can't imagine what could be "bad" about a trip. If you don't like what you're thinking about can't you just think about something else? Go watch a video or something? Mushrooms are a psychedelic not a deleriant, that means you are always perfectly aware that you brain is interacting with psilocybin.

Do the people who have bad trips have trouble controlling their thoughts in normal life?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflinePerfactParadox
regnarts
Re: I'm terrified to shroom again..Someone reassure ME [Re: Xlea321]
    #1132361 - 12/11/02 10:51 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

When you have a bad trip you will know what its like. I used to think the same thing, i have a HUGE tolerance to any psychidelic. I had alway had control of myself when all my freinds where wiggin out (very annoying) Then about my 3ed time tripping, i inveted a freind over... did not really know him and i had a little grudge with him, but its better than no one i though. So, i eat the shrooms like 5 caps or sompthing i did not weigh it. Things start getting "weird" and uncomfterabl and i felt kinda "dirty" We would jsut look at eachother and laugh but it was a weird kinda laugh... like i wasent really enjoying it. The trip is stiill OK though i would not say it was a bad trip yet. Im looking at the celing and can see all the cool patterns. So that reassured me. In the bathroom the tile on the floor was amazing. Then my freind said he had to go home WHAT A BIT@H i gave him free shrooms then he runs out on me while im starting to trip. We go outside and i dont see anything amazing. it was really bright and hot out that day though. So, i go half way to his house then he goes on ahead. I decide to ride my bike all the way over to my other freinds house (about a 10 min ride) all three of my freinds where not home !!!! FUCK that might have been what set it off... or the 15 min bike ride back to my house which seemed like eternity. I was not freaking out yet. Nor did i ever loose control. I was thinking on my bike ride home about all my freinds and how they really just act like they like me. And alot of other depressing shit. I get home... and there is NOTHING to do and im alone. I take a shower so i can feel better. It did not work. Only 1 thing left to do.... i stumbled over to my bed and fell asleep. I woke up and identifyed myself by sticking my hands and fingers all around my mouth area (i dunno why dont ask) I was tripping a little and my mom was home so it was kinda good. I just stayed in my room. I felt REALLY good after that trip and it made me realize that we control our reality. Helped me alot but was not a GOOD trip, infact it sucked

OfflineDarkMushrooom
Shenkman

Re: I'm terrified to shroom again..Someone reassure ME [Re: PerfactParadox]
    #1132989 - 12/11/02 03:05 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Ya, it's not as easy as it sounds. My last trip was my second bad trip, and they were pretty much the same feeling. It's not the visuals that scare me..in fact, during my trip my main thought was "why aren't I enjoying this? I have the COOLEST visuals"

The bad part of my bad trips is the intense loneliness. When people say be with a friend, they mean it; BE WITH A FRIEND!!!!  I was sweating, and i felt stranglely lonely. So bad I was thinking of killing myself. THen I told myself it was just a drug, and would ware off...DIdn't help, I kept having a struck feeling of " I'll never get out of this"

The feeling only got worse. I tried to stop it by going to sleep. I kept waking up seconds later thinking hours have passed. This wasn't good or bad. It didn't really bother me; more visual time I thought. I constantly walked to the mirror, looked at my pupils, and watch my face morph. It was a pleasent scene. But I still wanted to kill myself.

I dont think I'm explaining how bad a truely bad trip is.  It was like I was in my hell. Everything was so silent, and akward. I felt like no one would ever actually love me as a human being. And I would be alone and be alone until I die.

I dont know how to put this except that the real thought of suicide is worse than I can ever contemplate with

Happy trippings = tripping with a friend

Peace out  :wink: 

--------------------

p.s-formerly Shroomstr

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Loc: Far away and very near
    #1133151 - 12/11/02 04:01 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Is it that your terrified at the very idea of tripping? I usually have a high degree of anxiety prior to consumption. However usually after I take the shrooms/acid the anxiety immediately disappears before any effects of the drugs can be felt. This is probally because I see taking powerful hallucionogens as a commitment. Once the commitment has been finalized by consumption, I see no reason to be anxious. I strive to make the experience as wonderful, mystical, and enlightening as possible, and I always learn something from both the good and bad experiences.

*note: i've never had what I would call a "bad trip", moments of intense anxiety, terror, and reality shattering moments, but not "bad". I've always learned something from my experience.

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1133171 - 12/11/02 04:06 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

It was like I was in my hell. Everything was so silent, and akward. I felt like no one would ever actually love me as a human being. And I would be alone and be alone until I die.

This is my definition of 'Hell'.

The only way I can relate to your wanting to kill yourself is that during my last trip, I had this strong urge to dissect something.  :crazy:

I can't have a bad trip and I will never have one as long as I have the proper surroundings and mindset. Friends who 'fuck with your head' shouldn't be with you, and you should NOT trip in public places! Also, make sure you don't eat a whole lot before you trip.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Edited by Murex (12/11/02 04:09 PM)

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
Re: I'm terrified to shroom again..Someone reassure ME [Re: Murex]
    #1133211 - 12/11/02 04:29 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

"i can't have a bad trip"

pff...yeah right. ANYONE can have a bad trip. I myself have never had a bad trip. and i once said, "i CAN'T have a bad trip"(and to some extent...i still believe). I do believe however, there is no 'bad trip'. What might be classified as a 'bad trip'...is nothing but learning experience for me. I don't classify trips as bad or good. It IS a trip. period.

I know though, when i decide to jump back into mushrooms, i might have an actual bad trip(i have an anxiety attack problem lately...which is why i'm laying off the drugs)....i might have an attack while on shrooms. I will get myself through it, but it will be neither a learning experience, or enjoyable.

so, ANYONE can have a bad trip

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: I'm terrified to shroom again..Someone reassure ME [Re: Xlea321]
    #1133403 - 12/11/02 05:50 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

Mushrooms are a psychedelic not a deleriant, that means you are always perfectly aware that you brain is interacting with psilocybin.

I wouldn't agree entirely (with the second bit).. sometimes when a trip is coming on really fast (ie. shroom tea) I can forget that I'm on shrooms and wonder what the fuck is going on. And there have been times when I was tripping really hard (7g) and I completely forgot what shrooms were.. I just thought something had clicked in my brain and I had somehow lost the ability to interpret what I saw.. or something. It wasn't too scary though.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract