Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Threads marked as read don't always stay that way
    #11247826 - 10/14/09 06:13 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

When I am viewing the posts in a forum and I mark one as read by clicking on the folder on the left, it turns dark blue and appears to be read, just as if I had read it by opening up the thread.

But when I reload the page, about half the threads I marked as read become unread again.

The other half stay marked as read.

As far as I can tell, it only happens in one forum.  I went into OTD, anonymous, ethno garden and shroomery news service, marked a bunch of threads as read, and they stayed read.

But in Mushroom Hunting and Identification its spotty - Some threads stayed read, some didn't.  If I keep clicking to mark a thread as read and reload, I can eventually get it to be marked read, though sometimes it takes three or four tries.

I did quite a bit of testing as I made this post and it consistently works in all the forums except for hunting, and consistently is spotty in that forum.  The bug has been there for as long as I can remember.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Browser is Iceweasel 2.0.0.19 on linux.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: Threads marked as read don't always stay that way [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #11260973 - 10/16/09 04:10 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I was going to start a new thread but this is as good a spot as any. My gripe is that recently the read messages don't stay read. I keep seeing the message icon blinking when i've read them all. Also, the messages i replied to don't always indicate i replied to them.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands Flag
Re: Threads marked as read don't always stay that way [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #11319437 - 10/25/09 04:08 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Okay I think this should be fixed now, please let me know if you continue to have problems.

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Re: Threads marked as read don't always stay that way [Re: Ythan]
    #11398760 - 11/06/09 02:31 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

It started doing it again just now in messages.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Re: Threads marked as read don't always stay that way [Re: Stonehenge]
    #11474655 - 11/17/09 03:26 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I think i found part of the problem and it seems to have been on my end. I get the flashing message light but no new messages. But when i click refresh, bingo there is the new message. Damn computers!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale