Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemudnpool
young old timer

dmt Recrystallization mishap
    #11247518 - 10/14/09 05:25 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

OK so there was 15gs of dmt recrystallizing.Got impatient and put a heat source under the pan to speed things up, Well that melted the dmt and I believe that got the naphtha stuck inside a good amount of crystals. So right now the dmt is useless. Could hot rubbing alcohol be used to recrystallize. There is no more naphtha.

--------------------
The wolf is with in me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDr.Myco87
Im a "Reader"
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of the greedy! Flag
Re: dmt Recrystallization mishap [Re: mudnpool]
    #11247594 - 10/14/09 05:38 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

go buy more naptha and let it evap slowly. I've had 5g's in one jar recrystalizing for over a month and only a third of the naptha has evap'd, I have a CD over the glass so only the little hole in the middle is letting any naptha evap. If you were to let 20grams recrystalize slowly like I'm doing, you would have some beautiful crystals, I already have really nice stalagtite looking motherf***ers growing. Just save some dimitri for you to blaze during that couple months or extract more and just let the crystals grow slowly.

--------------------
"I don’t do drugs. I am drugs."                -Salvador Dali

"I’ve never had a problem with drugs. I’ve had problems with the police."                                          -Keith Richards

"Reality is a crutch for people who can’t cope with drugs."                                          -Lily Tomlin

Edited by Dr.Myco87 (10/14/09 05:40 PM)

Offlinemudnpool
young old timer

Re: dmt Recrystallization mishap [Re: Dr.Myco87]
    #11247622 - 10/14/09 05:42 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

that's a damn good idea, And I am trying to hold off on the spice for now and focus on shrooms. That idea is absolutely perfect, thanks

--------------------
The wolf is with in me

OfflineDr.Myco87
Im a "Reader"
Male User Gallery

#11247690 - 10/14/09 05:53 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mudnpool said:
that's a damn good idea, And I am trying to hold off on the spice for now and focus on shrooms. That idea is absolutely perfect, thanks

get yourself a brand new glass to do the recrystalizing, get a cheap set for like 4 bucks at wally world or targetit, any used glass has scratches that DMT will go into and start making tons of smaller crystals, you want biggins. :grin: And trust me the slower it evap's the bigger and better the crystals will be. Oh, and make sure that you removed all the gunk with a solvent wash in naptha and siphon off all the naptha and leave the gunk (DMT N-Oxide)on the bottom, you can smoke the N-Oxide also just don't mix it in with the recrystalization. Take care man. Good luck.

--------------------

"I’ve never had a problem with drugs. I’ve had problems with the police."                                          -Keith Richards

"Reality is a crutch for people who can’t cope with drugs."                                          -Lily Tomlin

Offlinemudnpool
young old timer

Re: dmt Recrystallization mishap [Re: Dr.Myco87]
    #11248096 - 10/14/09 06:50 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Im new at recrystalizing, should I dissolve  the dmt in hot naphtha then pour hot water in it, so all the gunk will sink into the water then just use a turkey baster to separate

--------------------
The wolf is with in me

Edited by mudnpool (10/14/09 06:52 PM)

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
    #11248200 - 10/14/09 07:06 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mudnpool said:
Im new at recrystalizing, should I dissolve  the dmt in hot naphtha then pour hot water in it, so all the gunk will sink into the water then just use a turkey baster to separate

No, the point of recrystalisation is to allow to solutes to precipitate out slowly, forming larger crystals and also to seperate the impurities. the idea behind it is that each solute will precipitate out of the solution at different temparatures so should seperate the DMT form other stuff.

You basicaly have 1 container of dmt and another of naptha, warm it up in a hot water bath, the dmt will melt, and the naptha will worm up, you add just enough warm naptha to disolve the DMT (20-30ml is plenty per gram). the naptha should look clear but with a yellow tint, you allow it to cool slowly at room temp for 12 hours, stick in the fridge for 24 hours, then the freezer for 24 hoiurs. the result is DMT of varying purity ontop of some wxy goo on the bottom. You can repeat a few times to further purify after seperating from to goo.

the other method is (i think) for growing larger crystals which involves disolving dmt in naptha and very slowly evaporating the solvent.

Slowly cooling a solvent will produce bigger crystals but not as big as very slowly evaporating (as far as i understand)

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlinemudnpool
young old timer

Re: dmt Recrystallization mishap [Re: veda_sticks]
    #11248237 - 10/14/09 07:11 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

wouldn't it be easier to have layer at the bottom so the dmt stays in the naphtha and the impurities fall into the water?

--------------------
The wolf is with in me

OfflineDr.Myco87
Im a "Reader"
Male User Gallery

#11255978 - 10/15/09 08:26 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

No it won't. Just dissolve your dmt in warm to hot naptha and stir it up, all the N-Oxide will fall to the bottom plus some plant fats that didn't make it out, it's very easy to siphon off all the naptha because the impurites stick to the bottom and you can basically just pour the naptha into the glass you are going to recrystalize in. Basically you just want it clean before you start to recrystalize, and as VedaSticks said you can grow crystals by raising and lowering temperature but you will not get anywhere near the kind of crystals you get with evapping clean dmt in naptha. If I do the temp change thing then usually I end up with the same powdery dmt that I usually get right after the extraction, I'm going for nice big crystals that I can just break apart and smoke in peices, much easier to work with.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds