Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecubies77
Stranger

Point to Tripping?
    #11246191 - 10/14/09 01:53 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Whenever I trip, I like to think about it as an enlightening experience that allows my mind to see things in a way that I could not before. Part of me wants to accept that for what it is and enjoy myself, but there's always a voice in the back of my head that tells me I'm just zonking myself out and everything I see and hear on a trip is just a figment of my imagination. I feel like if I allow myself to believe that I'm having a (spiritual, mystical, etc.) experience, I am purposefully ignoring a part of my rational thinking which I otherwise would not.

I'm curious, what do you guys take away from your trips and do you think that allowing yourself to be so moved by a trip is actually meaningful, or just short of imbecility?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblewhatdidusay
Travelin Raver
Male

Re: Point to Tripping? [Re: cubies77]
    #11246242 - 10/14/09 02:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i think its actually meaningul. when i trip i trip good. so i already reachted that key enlightening level so now i just like explore. anything imaginable ill run with it and explore it to the fullest i can. i know that theres so much more out there we know nothing about so i see it as an exploration through know time and space each time i trip.

ive had sum pretty crazy trips, to the point of psychosis prolly. but as i return to soberland each time i know that it was just temporary no harm done, and that im really actually just learning alot of new stuff, getting closer to the other realms out there, becoming a part of them....

im a huge fucking treehugger now tho. lol. thanx to drugs :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineFisherman
Tchee'ik
Male

Loc: Glrrrrrrr!
    #11246246 - 10/14/09 02:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yo just trippin brah :mushroom2:

--------------------
EVERYTHING IS DRUGS

OfflineJAMESveeder
Stranger

Re: Point to Tripping? [Re: Fisherman]
    #11246273 - 10/14/09 02:05 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Man, I totally know what you mean. I've had points (mainly on acid) where i'm just sitting back while my vision and mind is getting annihilated, and I'm sitting there thinking what's the point of this?

Offlinecubies77
Stranger

Re: Point to Tripping? [Re: Fisherman]
    #11246292 - 10/14/09 02:10 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

See, I want to accept it as meaningful, and it most certainly has changed my outlook on life, but sometimes end up looking at it as just a reaction to a chemical in my body that makes my mind think of crazy shit. Cause and effect type stuff. I don't mean to be a buzzkill.

I wonder if this is a stage that will pass (as I'm still new to tripping)?

Quote:

Man, I totally know what you mean. I've had points (mainly on acid) where i'm just sitting back while my vision and mind is getting annihilated, and I'm sitting there thinking what's the point of this?

Thats exactly what i'm talking about! (and yet I keep coming back for more, searching for that moment of enlightenment that everyone on here raves about)

InvisibleSalomon
ಠ︵ಠ balance ಠ_ಠ weaver ಠ‿ಠ
Male

Loc: America, FUCK YEAH Flag
    #11246345 - 10/14/09 02:17 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

the point of tripping is to go through the psychedelic experience.:w0ahhhhmahnnn:

its a trip through time and space.
you and your mind, in a race.
if you lose, it's no disgrace.
psychedelics just left you faced.

^dats 4 u:omgawesome:

edit:grammer:shrug:

Edited by Salomon (10/14/09 02:22 PM)

Offlinecubies77
Stranger

#11246357 - 10/14/09 02:20 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

For an example of what I mean,

Fast forward to about 2:50

When I saw this, I thought to myself "I know what she means, but does she really believe the things that she saw? Has this substance destroyed any sense of rationality she once possessed?"

Opinions?

Offlineovechkin57
Cozzin' Frenzies...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #11246464 - 10/14/09 02:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

There are always points to my trips, I just dont always discover them...

My first one was very personal, and mushrooms pointed out to me that i was unhappy with the way my life was pointed and the relationships I was caught up in... and another taught me I dont need drugs to have spiritual experiences... and an acid trip told me that my girlfriend is the most important thing in my life right now, and that shes going to be around forever.

I see what your saying though, these are all things I know, so is there anything uniquely mysitcal about my experiences?
The answer is yes, in the same way that the lady in the video sees aliens... Things are shown to me that I dont even think about... I could go into a trip trying to find the answer of "X," and learn about "@."
The 2 are so different, but they are both things that are helpful to me in their own way. I think what I am saying is that "something" is guiding me to what i NEED to know at that point in my life, not necessarily what i THINK i need to know at that point in life.
Make any sense?

--------------------
"Words are but symbols for the relations of things to one another and to us; nowhere do they touch upon absolute truth."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Everything in moderation... Including moderation...

Offlinecubies77
Stranger

Re: Point to Tripping? [Re: ovechkin57]
    #11246496 - 10/14/09 02:41 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Absolutely. I can definitely relate to the "learning of things thought unlearnable" concept.

I am very intrigued by people's opinions about this and want to encourage everyone who reads this to voice theirs!:mushroom2:

InvisibleTroll Bot
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11246523 - 10/14/09 02:44 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Seeing the world from alternate perspectives. Feeling what can't be felt, hearing what can't be heard, seeing what can't be seen, truly being.

OfflineCamKron
Mychotic
 User Gallery

#11246587 - 10/14/09 02:53 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

To the original poster,
holy shit i agree
when i shroom, i do get that thought as well...the "man, this feels like its opening up other realms, i feel like my thoughts are in crazy town...but im on shrooms, so that is part of the feeling..."

i feel like the mind expansion is just a side effect of the shrooms, and once im done the trip, those neurons stop firing and im sober again...
essentially, playing the devils advocate here, what i am getting at is that the shrooms make you FEEL like your having an epiphany, but in reality its just the actives in the drug making you think like this... and since this happens to be how most trippers feel (that tehy are going into another realm) it puts me in the headspace that its just one big case of the confirmation bias...
All you have to do is ask a sober person and they will say: "you feel like that cuz of the drugs, its not real and it goes away when your sober"...

now it is easy to say they do not understand and are just negatively stereotyping, but on the flipside, regular trippers feel like its a revelation and that it IS real...
the problem is that neither viewpoint leaves any room for the other...which is why this fucks with my head (especially when tripping) and makes me feel like nothing more than a burnt out hippie loser

anyone know what i mean? id be interested to hear some hardcore tripper answers to this post...as this is a headspace i get into whenever i start trippin reallllllllly hard (ive been trippin regularly for a year and a half or so now)

--------------------
:cool: :mushroom2: :cool: All Pics And Advice Is Just Google Research :cool: :mushroom2: :cool: :mushroom2:

Offlinemudnpool
young old timer

Re: Point to Tripping? [Re: CamKron]
    #11246608 - 10/14/09 02:57 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I trip for guidence and learning

--------------------
The wolf is with in me

Offlinecubies77
Stranger

Re: Point to Tripping? [Re: CamKron]
    #11246639 - 10/14/09 03:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

CamKron said:
To the original poster,
holy shit i agree
when i shroom, i do get that thought as well...the "man, this feels like its opening up other realms, i feel like my thoughts are in crazy town...but im on shrooms, so that is part of the feeling..."

i feel like the mind expansion is just a side effect of the shrooms, and once im done the trip, those neurons stop firing and im sober again...
essentially, playing the devils advocate here, what i am getting at is that the shrooms make you FEEL like your having an epiphany, but in reality its just the actives in the drug making you think like this... and since this happens to be how most trippers feel (that tehy are going into another realm) it puts me in the headspace that its just one big case of the confirmation bias...
All you have to do is ask a sober person and they will say: "you feel like that cuz of the drugs, its not real and it goes away when your sober"...

now it is easy to say they do not understand and are just negatively stereotyping, but on the flipside, regular trippers feel like its a revelation and that it IS real...
the problem is that neither viewpoint leaves any room for the other...which is why this fucks with my head (especially when tripping) and makes me feel like nothing more than a burnt out hippie loser

anyone know what i mean? id be interested to hear some hardcore tripper answers to this post...as this is a headspace i get into whenever i start trippin reallllllllly hard (ive been trippin regularly for a year and a half or so now)

That completely outlined my feelings about it too! I have yet to reach the middle ground of tripping and rationality. Understanding the chemistry and having revelations are two things that I want to do, but I cannot seem to mix. Its driving me insane and the only validation I get is from people who share my beliefs!

Offlinetraviedigital
Stranger

#11246673 - 10/14/09 03:04 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

To each his own

repressed memories and fears resurface during and coming down from a trip

things i thought to myself, so long ago, that i hadn't thought of in years, came back to me

these are special inhabitants to our earth - how dare you say its just the chemicals in it.

Chemicals didn't synthesize or make the mushroom, they are as organic as it comes

Offlinecubies77
Stranger

#11246690 - 10/14/09 03:07 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Sometimes I ask myself, "Aren't you taking this shroom thing a little bit too seriously?"

It makes me wonder about the true "power" of psychedelics and if it really is all in my head.

Mindfuck, eh?:eek:

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
    #11246761 - 10/14/09 03:19 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

that is kind of the problem i have when i used to trip, as much as i wanted to have life changing experiences and experience wonderfull and mystical things, i never got any of that.,

For me, things get very colourfull and briht and i see patterns on some things, closed eye visuals very fractal and bright, but it never seems to effect my mind, i feel pretty much normal even when consuming 30 grams fresh and im pretty sensitive to mushrooms.  15 grams fresh without any tolerence will have me tripping quite hard, 30 is insane but its all just hollucinations to me. 1 of the reasons i just decided to quit as whats the point unless theres something to be gained from it.

Everybodys different, 1 of my mates had an unbelievable time on just 10g fresh of tea, wanting to cominicate with the world, was in complete awe of things he was looking at, i wish i knew what he was experiencing.

I dont believe in that thinking, its just the chemicals making it all happen, well obviously it makes you trip, but what you experience is unique to your own person, it brings out something already in you that you havnt seen before, changes your perception of reality.

Reality is a funny subject, i dont know what people really believ. But im sure most people think of reality as the normal world, in our sober state, and that we all experience the same reality. But its very different, reality is created by ourselfs, we make our own reality and reaility is just how we precieve everything, mushrooms and other psychadelics change our perception enabling us to see things in a different way.

Its really difficult to say 1 way or another if theres something else to it, or its just your brain being rewired to being fucked up. P[ersonaly i dont think it is and that it unlocks us to an experiencfe that just cant be explained, and could very well go deeper than just tripping balls.

Its upto you to make what you make of your trips, we still dont understand why these chemicals do what they do, we no bits and peices on what neurotransmitters they act on and what ones they dont, but still doesnt offer a clue why people experience what they do.

Now if you delve into DMT, it just goes so much deeper than you could ever imagine. something that intense, so intense that what yoiu are seeing is not restricted to walls, textured surfaces and colours changes but to actual 3d space right infront of you, and taking you to some other inexplainable place of complexe construction is hard to accept as just being solely responsible by the chemical consumed. Things happen that must have another explanation.

We'll never know, not in our life time, and i doubt we as humans will last long enough to understand life, i dont even know if we could ever understand, maybe once we evolve into some higher being

Shit, sorry for the rant.

mephedroning since 4pm just cant stop ta lking

discuss it with people and find out there views, peoples beliefs are generaly going to be different but beliefs arnt always based on fact, but on something that cant be explained. it keeps us from going insane

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlinecubies77
Stranger

Re: Point to Tripping? [Re: veda_sticks]
    #11246834 - 10/14/09 03:30 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Wow! I reread that a few times just to make sure I understood what you meant.

As for the perception of reality, I've shat myself time and time again trying to explain that one.

My current belief regarding reality: We can only perceive what our senses tell us to perceive. The combination of all 5 senses together creates an image in our head of "reality". We see this "reality" through the filter of our senses, but never truly see it for what it is.

This being said, it obviously proposes questions about psychedelic drugs and what they can do to extend one's senses and perceptions of reality.

(Yep, shat myself again)

OfflineSellith
The False Dawn
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Void Flag
    #11246859 - 10/14/09 03:33 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

This concerns points.

Not necessarily THE ULTIMATE POINT TO TRIPPING OMG.

But relevant enough to post it in this thread.

--------------------

Offlinegogyra
Stranger
    #11246872 - 10/14/09 03:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

cubies77 said:
Whenever I trip, I like to think about it as an enlightening experience that allows my mind to see things in a way that I could not before. Part of me wants to accept that for what it is and enjoy myself, but there's always a voice in the back of my head that tells me I'm just zonking myself out and everything I see and hear on a trip is just a figment of my imagination. I feel like if I allow myself to believe that I'm having a (spiritual, mystical, etc.) experience, I am purposefully ignoring a part of my rational thinking which I otherwise would not.

The problem is that you think the two are mutually exclusive. Most of the extraordinary things you see and hear on a trip *are* just figments of you imagination. The reason why a trip can be a mystical/enlightening experience is that psychedelics force you to view the world from a radically different perspective. Looking at things from such a completely different angle often causes you to realize or understand something profound that you did not before. The fact that the walls were breathing and colors were melting does not make the experience any less meaningful.

Keep in mind, though, that psychedelics do not inherently contain any answers - the ideas you bring back with you from a trip can be just as wrong as any other.

Edited by gogyra (10/14/09 03:47 PM)

OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

Re: Point to Tripping? [Re: traviedigital]
    #11246926 - 10/14/09 03:45 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

traviedigital said:

these are special inhabitants to our earth - how dare you say its just the chemicals in it.

Chemicals didn't synthesize or make the mushroom, they are as organic as it comes

:kingtard:

I think what he was trying to say is the effects of mushrooms are merely the result of a chemical reaction occurring in the brain. Psilocin and Psilocybin ARE CHEMICALS that are able to bind to receptors in the brain- cause the effects of the drug. The mushrooms contain chemicals, organic or not.

Now, if you want to believe in mushroom spirits or fairies- go ahead. But there seems to be a hell of a lot more proof the effects of the drug are indeed caused by chemical reactions in the brain. If that gives you the illusion that your contacting spirits or whatever, that's cool have a ball dude. But to deny the role of the chemicals is absolutely fucking retarded.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order