Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAhimsa
Male

Basic Psy: Inner Child Dialogue
    #11244616 - 10/14/09 10:32 AM (8 years, 5 days ago)

The more we can operate from our core self as a loving adult the more joyful and whole we become.

When we talk to the wounded part of ourself, just welcome and embrace all feelings.
Don't judge or condemn whatever comes up.

We can ask questions to our inner child to find out what thoughts and beliefs are causing painful feelings.

'How does it feel when you get addictions fulfilled?'
'Does it feel like abandonment if not so?'
'What do you seek to get when you feel badly?'

No feelings are bad or wrong. They all have good reasons.
Discover what these feelings are telling us.

A stuffed animal or such maybe a surrogate for our inner child.
We can bring ourself comfort through this object when painful feelings show up.

So the aim here is to develop a dialogue with our wounded self and find out what ideas and beliefs create painful feelings.

For example telling ourself to do everything right or we won't be accepted creates awful tension.
No-one but we ourself are creating these feelings... find out!

Note that we can also have a dialogue with our core self.
It has wisdom and can tell us what is true and beautiful about ourself.
We can have a dialogue with our core self when we encounter healthy natural feelings such as grief over loss, sorrow, loneliness, etc.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFraggin
Multi-Faceted
 User Gallery

Re: Basic Psy: Inner Child Dialogue [Re: Ahimsa]
    #11245086 - 10/14/09 12:30 PM (8 years, 5 days ago)

What's your point?

OfflineAhimsa
Male

Re: Basic Psy: Inner Child Dialogue [Re: Fraggin]
    #11245125 - 10/14/09 12:37 PM (8 years, 5 days ago)

Finding an inner enquiry regarding our feelings.

OfflineEM455
Dominican newbie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Santo Domingo, Dominican ...
    #11245220 - 10/14/09 12:56 PM (8 years, 5 days ago)

Hi there! I enjoyed reading your post and I found it really interesting.
I think I'm very often in touch with my inner child, I see through her eyes, sometines I even comletely become that child. When somethingunexpected hapens I think "if when I was 2 or 4 somebody had told me this would happen in the future I wouldn't have believed it" When  I perceive something or judge something, or love somebody, I see all that twice, at the same time, through those 2 dimensions that are one: the child, and the older child (I don't consider myself an adult but a kid who has learnt and lived a lot and can understand adult language, plus has sometimes adult desires and expectations, but still a child).
It's hard to explain actually, and because of that I may be saying things  I don't mean to say or better said, things that are going to be understood "wrongly".

I am very interested in your last sentence:

"We can have a dialogue with our core self when we encounter healthy natural feelings such as grief over loss, sorrow, loneliness, etc. "

I would love it if you could tell me more about it since that's the way I feel right now. My mother is the most important person in my whole life and she was diagnosed with breast cancer in march. She had surgery, chemo, radio therapy, and now has to take a  pill everyday for the next 5 years. She's cured according to her different doctors  because it was caught a bit on time (stage one), and they say they gave her chemo and everything else only as a preventive treatment. Since the day she was diagnosed I've suffered in a way you wouldn't believe...I feel better now, but I'm still not ok, I'm in pain...and can't do the only thing I would love to do: tripping, I can't because I'm on psiquiatric pills, anti-depressives, anti-anxiety, anti-psichotics and more....I really really lost it when all that happened...the doctor has been reducing dosage and pils cause I'm doing better but I would still be afraid of tripping because, I must have  a lot of shit in my subconscious mind that could trigger a really bad trip.

OfflineAhimsa
Male

Re: Basic Psy: Inner Child Dialogue [Re: EM455]
    #11245389 - 10/14/09 01:32 PM (8 years, 5 days ago)

"We can have a dialogue with our core self when we encounter healthy natural feelings such as grief over loss, sorrow, loneliness, etc. "

Our core self is our natural openness. It is the life within us. It is awareness, spontaneity and involvement. Our core self cannot be changed because it is our openness to life. It is like a shining smile within your heart, an expression of loving, and through it we are creative, curious and playful.

It can never be harmed, but it can be hidden away or ignored when we act from within our wounded self, as an unloving adult.

Thank you very much for asking these questions as they help me to think it all through again for myself. If you look back you'll find more posts with the topic 'Basic Psychology' :cool:

OfflineEM455
Dominican newbie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Santo Domingo, Dominican ...
    #11251561 - 10/15/09 09:54 AM (8 years, 4 days ago)

Thank you so much for your answer! I still don't understand how to have a dialogue with my core self....I'll be looking for your other posts of basic psy as the subject interests me a lot.....thanks again :laugh:

OfflineAhimsa
Male

Re: Basic Psy: Inner Child Dialogue [Re: EM455]
    #11251878 - 10/15/09 11:39 AM (8 years, 4 days ago)

The inner child is the feeling part of us. We can have a dialogue with our core self or wounded self as soon as we allow ourself to explore what the feelings of our inner child are and what they mean. What do we feel?

It is natural to feel sad when we lose what is dear to us. Of course, and these are feelings expressed by our core self. What does the feeing say? What does it ask you to do or think? This questioning and listening to our inner child is the dialogue with our core self.

When we feel nervous then what is causing that? Are we causing this nervousness ourself because of what we think or believe about ourself? What do these feelings say? What ideas are behind them? This questioning and listening to our inner child is the dialogue with our wounded self.

---

Next post will be about what we can do to create a set/setting that 'helps' to activate this questioning/answering process... it is guessing but with inspiration!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology